[OT] Free computer junk
Jonathan McDowell <noodles@...
2012-12-29 17:30:16 GMT
I have been trying to clear out some of the junk that has been living in
my parents' attic for the past few years and while quite a bit of it was
beyond saving (like, why did I still have the first 100 issues of PC Pro
from the 90s) there's a handful of stuff that I can't bring myself to
throw out (or stuff that I know is worth something that I can't be
bothered to eBay). As such I offer it up here, with a few conditions:
* You have to collect from Newry
* I can only do afternoon/evening of Sunday 6th, or some
point on Monday 7th Jan 2013 for collection.
* A lot of it is untested, or only power on checked.
* Preference given to someone who says they'll take the whole lot.
* If this is of use to Farset Labs and someone involved wants to come
collect, I think that would be perfect.
Here's an example of some of the stuff I've found:
* BBC Model B + CUB monitor + twin 5.25" drives. Powers on ok and
keyboard works, not tried beyond that.
* BT Merlin Tonto (inc monitor) - rebadged ICL One Per Desk. Powers
on and keyboard works. I think the modem only does 1200/75 and 300
baud. Possibly only with pulse dialling too.
* Cisco 3620. No idea if it works, no add-in cards either.
* 8 port 1U rack mount KVM. I have 3 sets of cables for it. Untested.
* Amstrad CPC external ROM box - has Maxam assembler + Protext word
processor ROMs. Untested as I don't have a CPC anymore.
* Random box of crap. Lots of PCI cards (VGA, 4 port serial, 4 port
ethernet, Conexant ADSL, DVB-C card). Some basic USB webcams.
Hauppauge MediaMVP MPEG2 decoder device. Some USB ADSL1 modems.
eTrex GPS + serial cable. A couple of smart card readers. Lots of
These are probably dead, but someone who knows more might want them. If
not I'll skip them:
* Amstrad PCW8256 - powers on to green screen only.
* Amstrad PCW9512 - powers on to white screen only.
* Mac Classic - powers on to scrambled screen. Rattles.
Please excuse this slight abuse of the BLUG list, but it seems to be the
best way to try and get rid of this stuff to a good home.
Purple alert! Purple alert! - Holly
This .sig brought to you by the letter B and the number 34
Product of the Republic of HuggieTag