Re: TTFReader bug
Jessica P. Hekman <jphekman <at> arborius.net>
2002-09-02 15:58:14 GMT
On 2 Sep 2002, Keiron Liddle wrote:
> I have committed what I think is the fix (to HEAD) and also added some
> If you could checkout the code and give it a go it would be great.
Done. TTFReader now generates the XML file with no errors for two fonts
which previously gave it trouble!
However, when I tried actually using the generated XML file for one of
those fonts, the font didn't show up in the PDF output. (The characters in
that font just weren't there.) I took at look at two XML files:
a) I took a "broken" font, ran it through FontTools (mentioned in this
thread earlier), and then ran the old version of TTFReader on that. This
is XML file a. This XML file works (the resulting PDF looks as I expect).
b) XML file b is the new version of TTFReader run on the original, broken
font. This XML file does not work (the characters in the embedded font in
the PDF are invisible.)
The beginning of file (a):
idx="0" wdt="500"/><char idx="1" wdt="500"/> ...
The beginning of file (b):