Ben Pope | 1 Aug 01:10 2004
Picon

RE: html entity problem

The CDATA section is only for the parser, not the serialiser.

So the parser is not turning your CDATA into xml events or trying to
understand it at all, which means you do not need to escape the characters.

However, that has nothing to do with how it is output.  The serialiser
doesn't even get to see the CDATA element, the parser stripped it and
replaced it with the text you specified in side the CDATA element.

So now the serialiser is looking at your "&" and thinking, thats not XML, he
must mean "&"

On the processor I use (XERCES/XALAN shipped with 2.1.5), DOE seems to work.

So do what I said do, enclose it in a DOE "disable-output-escaping" tag, if
you're using a standard install.

Ben

________________________________

From: beyaNet [mailto:andrew <at> beyanet.com] 
Sent: 31 July 2004 20:55
To: users <at> cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: html entity problem

Hi Ben,
sorry for being vague ;-) I am am serialising my output to xhtml:

<map:serializer name="xhtml"
(Continue reading)

gounis | 1 Aug 08:39 2004
Picon

Re: [esql] xsp:logic doesn't work inside <esql:query>?


hi brent 

i use more complex logic in .xsp files succesfull

but in most cases it was very hard to debug. try to take a look at the 
generated .java file from your .xsp in working directory 

in most cases i use to take errors because carier return characters in 
.xsp

a working example:

--snip---
			<esql:execute-query>
				<esql:query>select * from tblElements 
WHERE element_Parent= <xsp:expr>parent_id</xsp:expr> ORDER BY 
element_Title
				</esql:query>
				<esql:results>
					<esql:row-results>
						<element>
							<xsp:logic>
						parent_id = 
<esql:get-string column="id_Elements"/>;						
					</xsp:logic>
							
<esql:get-columns/>
							<!--
					<xsp:expr>parent_id</xsp:expr>		
(Continue reading)

Lars Huttar | 1 Aug 10:57 2004

RE: Error: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno <at> outerthought.org]
> Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 5:02 PM
> To: users <at> cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Error: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated
> 
> 
> > It looks like the AbstractSAXTransformer's endRecording method
> > is trying to remove a child node from the tree, and Saxon's
> > AbstractNode class is crying foul.
> > 
> > Can anyone suggest an approach for working around this problem?
> > I suppose this is a bug in SourceWritingTransformer or
> > AbstractSAXTransformer that has been fixed since Cocoon 2.1.2,
> > since I'm using the same Saxon .jar file with Cocoon 2.1.5
> > and not encountering this error.
> 
> I don't think there's a difference between those two cocoon 
> versions to
> explain it, rather the classloader which accidentely orders the jars
> differently (there is no guarantee that the jars are read in
> alphabetical order, this depends on the platform).
> 
> As the error message says, the Saxon DOM cannot be updated, 
> meaning that
> Saxon builds read-only DOM trees. Cocoon relies on the XSLT 
> processor to
> build DOM trees from SAX events. The XSLT processor that gets used for
> this is the default one, as determined by information read from the
> classpath resource
(Continue reading)

Bruno Dumon | 1 Aug 12:19 2004

RE: Error: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 10:57, Lars Huttar wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno <at> outerthought.org]
> > Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 5:02 PM
> > To: users <at> cocoon.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: Error: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated
> > 
> > 
> > > It looks like the AbstractSAXTransformer's endRecording method
> > > is trying to remove a child node from the tree, and Saxon's
> > > AbstractNode class is crying foul.
> > > 
> > > Can anyone suggest an approach for working around this problem?
> > > I suppose this is a bug in SourceWritingTransformer or
> > > AbstractSAXTransformer that has been fixed since Cocoon 2.1.2,
> > > since I'm using the same Saxon .jar file with Cocoon 2.1.5
> > > and not encountering this error.
> > 
> > I don't think there's a difference between those two cocoon 
> > versions to
> > explain it, rather the classloader which accidentely orders the jars
> > differently (there is no guarantee that the jars are read in
> > alphabetical order, this depends on the platform).
> > 
> > As the error message says, the Saxon DOM cannot be updated, 
> > meaning that
> > Saxon builds read-only DOM trees. Cocoon relies on the XSLT 
> > processor to
> > build DOM trees from SAX events. The XSLT processor that gets used for
> > this is the default one, as determined by information read from the
(Continue reading)

Timur Izhbulatov,,, | 1 Aug 17:00 2004
Picon

Re: Cforms, Binding & Cross-Referenced data

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:45:23AM +0100, Ben Pope wrote:
> When you say "Use xinclude (or cinclude) transformer:" I'm not sure if you
> mean I should actually parse the above data with it... If so, then the rest
> of the example doesn't seem to make sense as I lose the xi:include elements.
> E.g., the repeater row-path"xi:include" would fail, so I'll have to assume
> that I'm leaving the data as it is, not transforming it.
Of course, you don't have to use this transformer when you do binding.
But you may use it in another pippeline (e.g. to display the data).

> 
> The identity won't work, 'cos <xi:include> elements don't have an id
> attribute.  Of course... I could give it an idref, but that would seem to be
> going back to the way I had it.
What if you just add the "id" attribute to the "xi:include" element?

> My personName doesn't work either, there is obviously no variable named id,
> I don't know how to locate the correct element to bind to.  I think this is
> the crux of the problem.
Oops. I didn't think about it =)
In case if we can have an "id" attribute in each "xi:include" element,
can we find the way to "ask" repeater for current id value?
Ben Pope | 1 Aug 19:06 2004
Picon

RE: Cforms, Binding & Cross-Referenced data


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Timur Izhbulatov,,, [mailto:timur <at> yxo.ru] 
>Sent: 01 August 2004 16:01
>To: users <at> cocoon.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Cforms, Binding & Cross-Referenced data
>
>On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 01:45:23AM +0100, Ben Pope wrote:
>> When you say "Use xinclude (or cinclude) transformer:" I'm 
>not sure if 
>> you mean I should actually parse the above data with it... 
>If so, then 
>> the rest of the example doesn't seem to make sense as I lose 
>the xi:include elements.
>> E.g., the repeater row-path"xi:include" would fail, so I'll have to 
>> assume that I'm leaving the data as it is, not transforming it.

>Of course, you don't have to use this transformer when you do binding.
>But you may use it in another pippeline (e.g. to display the data).

OK, makes sense.

>> The identity won't work, 'cos <xi:include> elements don't have an id 
>> attribute.  Of course... I could give it an idref, but that 
>would seem 
>> to be going back to the way I had it.

>What if you just add the "id" attribute to the "xi:include" element?

Yeah... Or an idref attribute, so I know that it's a reference to an id, not
(Continue reading)

Brent Johnson | 2 Aug 00:14 2004
Picon

Re: [esql] xsp:logic doesn't work inside <esql:query>?

yes - more complex logic in SQL statements look pretty ugly without
carriage returns and make it hard to read and/or debug.  I just store
my SQL statement in a text file then copy them into the XSP and remove
the carriage returns.

Its definitely not the best way to do it.. but it works.

- Brent

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 09:39:11 +0300 (EEST), gounis <at> osmosis.gr
<gounis <at> osmosis.gr> wrote:
> 
> hi brent
> 
> i use more complex logic in .xsp files succesfull
> 
> but in most cases it was very hard to debug. try to take a look at the
> generated .java file from your .xsp in working directory
> 
> in most cases i use to take errors because carier return characters in
> ..xsp
> 
> a working example:
> 
> --snip---
>                         <esql:execute-query>
>                                 <esql:query>select * from tblElements
> WHERE element_Parent= <xsp:expr>parent_id</xsp:expr> ORDER BY
> element_Title
>                                 </esql:query>
(Continue reading)

Scott Yeadon | 2 Aug 04:14 2004
Picon
Picon

Uploading directories

Hi,

I need to upload all files in a specified directory, however the Upload 
widget (or xhtml input type="file") does not allow selection of a 
directory. Does anyone know the entry point into Cocoon's Java upload 
facility so I can use it to upload all files in a directory? I'd rather 
re-use the cocoon upload than duplicate an upload facility.

Scott.
George Singer | 2 Aug 08:20 2004
Picon

Problem using Entities to display Raw XML inside Cocoon

Given:

(1) xml INPUT people.xml :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE people SYSTEM "ENTITIES/person.dtd" [

<!ELEMENT people (person+)>

<!ENTITY neil SYSTEM "ENTITIES/neil.xml">

<!ENTITY richie SYSTEM "ENTITIES/richie.ent">

]>

<people>

<person>

<name>

<firstname>Jeremy</firstname>

<surname>Aston</surname>

</name>

<profession>Software Developer</profession>

(Continue reading)

Olivier Billard | 2 Aug 09:34 2004
Picon

Re: Uploading directories

Scott,

As far as I know, it is not possible.
But you can upload a zip file containing the files of the directory.

--
Olivier Billard

Scott Yeadon wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I need to upload all files in a specified directory, however the Upload 
> widget (or xhtml input type="file") does not allow selection of a 
> directory. Does anyone know the entry point into Cocoon's Java upload 
> facility so I can use it to upload all files in a directory? I'd rather 
> re-use the cocoon upload than duplicate an upload facility.
> 
> Scott.

Gmane