Albert | 1 Mar 20:25 2011
Picon

Fortran code test suite

Dear all,

Currently my main interest for Doxygen is with the Fortran part. When
using Doxygen, for Fortran, I've noticed some bugs and I've tried to
fix some bugs.
A type of bug that is quite annoying is of the form:
********************************************************************
Error in file /cygdrive/c/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/dg/Wall.f90
line: 14, state: 10
********************************************************************
as most of the time it is quite unclear where the problem is and can
only be found by stripping the code to the bare minimum.

I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of test suite to
test if all Fortran constructs and especially the newer ones are
covered by Doxygen.
I've been looking around the Internet and found a test suite with
gfortran / gcc. This test suite is quite large and does not only
contain correct programs but also tests to have the compiler emit
errors. For Doxygen, I think, we should concentrate on programs that
do compile (and are standard conforming).

I've only looked if the programs didn't throw an error message, I have
not looked at the results.
With the aid of this suite I did find some problems eg:
- variable with the name "type" confuses Doxygen (Doxygen thinks it is
the start of a type definition)
- construct "type is" (new since Fortran 2003) confuses Doxygen
- block data is not handled by Doxygen (existing bug 567494)
- double complex is not handled by Doxygen (this is not standard
(Continue reading)

Oleg Batrashev | 2 Mar 07:05 2011
Picon

Re: Fortran code test suite

Hi Albert,

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Albert <albert.tests <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of test suite to
> test if all Fortran constructs and especially the newer ones are
> covered by Doxygen.
This is a good idea. Especially, if it is possible to match doxygen
output against predefined answer, so not only program errors are
caught but also failures. I doubt however that it is easy to achieve.

> The reason for this email is: does anybody know more places with test
> suites for Fortran that can be used to find possible problems ?
The only idea I have is to look into Fortran parsers,e.g.
OpenFortranParser
http://fortran-parser.sourceforge.net/
Phortran
http://www.eclipse.org/photran/

Best,
Oleg

>
> Albert
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data
> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business
(Continue reading)

Todd | 2 Mar 01:13 2011
Picon

Winbuild Missing Files

Hi all,


I just checked out trunk and am trying to build on Windows.

When I try to build the Doxygen project, I get the following error: PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Executing Lex for c:\Doxygen\src\/scanner.cpp ...". 

Scanner.cpp has a question mark next to it in Visual Studio. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Todd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
_______________________________________________
Doxygen-develop mailing list
Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop
jonathan.harrington | 2 Mar 15:33 2011
Picon

Re: Winbuild Missing Files

Hi,

 

Not sure about the question mark but trunk builds fine for me on windows. That looks like a flex windows error (I have gotten a few of these in the past). Where did you get the version of flex you are using? (unxutils, msys, mingw etc.) I use the version provided with unxutils and once I set the BISON_SIMPLE variable it worked fine.

Regards,

Jon.

 

From: ext Todd [mailto:levinsontodd <at> gmail.com]
Sent: 02 March 2011 00:13
To: Doxygen-dev
Subject: [Doxygen-develop] Winbuild Missing Files

 

Hi all,

 

I just checked out trunk and am trying to build on Windows.

 

When I try to build the Doxygen project, I get the following error: PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Executing Lex for c:\Doxygen\src\/scanner.cpp ...". 

 

Scanner.cpp has a question mark next to it in Visual Studio. Any ideas what might be causing this?

 

Thanks,

 

Todd

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
_______________________________________________
Doxygen-develop mailing list
Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop
Albert | 2 Mar 19:12 2011
Picon

Re: Fortran code test suite

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your support.
I've had a quick look at the OpenFortranParser site and in the
downloads there are quite a few test files (so I'll have a go at
them). Photran is packed in jar files so I have to Install it, I will
have a go at it (didn't see a test suite there yet).

Best Regards,

Albert

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 07:05, Oleg Batrashev <ogbash <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Albert <albert.tests <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of test suite to
>> test if all Fortran constructs and especially the newer ones are
>> covered by Doxygen.
> This is a good idea. Especially, if it is possible to match doxygen
> output against predefined answer, so not only program errors are
> caught but also failures. I doubt however that it is easy to achieve.
>
>> The reason for this email is: does anybody know more places with test
>> suites for Fortran that can be used to find possible problems ?
> The only idea I have is to look into Fortran parsers,e.g.
> OpenFortranParser
> http://fortran-parser.sourceforge.net/
> Phortran
> http://www.eclipse.org/photran/
>
> Best,
> Oleg
>
>>
>> Albert
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
>> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data
>> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
>> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business
>> insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev
>> _______________________________________________
>> Doxygen-develop mailing list
>> Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
mkk1 | 2 Mar 20:10 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Winbuild Missing Files


have you installted flex/bison ? see GnuTools

Todd-75 wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> I just checked out trunk and am trying to build on Windows.
> 
> When I try to build the Doxygen project, I get the following error:
> PRJ0019:
> A tool returned an error code from "Executing Lex for
> c:\Doxygen\src\/scanner.cpp ...".
> 
> Scanner.cpp has a question mark next to it in Visual Studio. Any ideas
> what
> might be causing this?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Todd
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT
> data 
> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,
> virtual
> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
> insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
> _______________________________________________
> Doxygen-develop mailing list
> Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop
> 
> 

--

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Winbuild-Missing-Files-tp31049364p31052409.html
Sent from the Doxygen - Development mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
Dimitri Van Heesch | 2 Mar 19:56 2011
Picon

Re: Winbuild Missing Files

Hi Todd,

On Mar 2, 2011, at 1:13 , Todd wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> I just checked out trunk and am trying to build on Windows.
> 
> When I try to build the Doxygen project, I get the following error: PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code
from "Executing Lex for c:\Doxygen\src\/scanner.cpp ...". 
> 
> Scanner.cpp has a question mark next to it in Visual Studio. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Did you do the part starting with "The next step ..." mentioned here?
http://www.doxygen.org/install.html#install_src_windows

Regards,
  Dimitri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
Arnold.Steve | 2 Mar 22:45 2011

Re: Fortran code test suite

Howdy:

I haven't played with Photran for a while, but I'm pretty sure it also relies on the gcc/gfortran toolchain
(or some other Fortran compiler) for much of the work.  That said, the Java stuff in the .jar files should
include the language-sensitive parts (for the Eclipse editor) and maybe some basic analysis tools (the
latter is just a guess).

I'm thinking the OpenFortranParser thing would be your best bet...

Steve

________________________________________
From: Albert [albert.tests <at> gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 10:12 AM
To: Oleg Batrashev
Cc: doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Doxygen-develop] Fortran code test suite

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your support.
I've had a quick look at the OpenFortranParser site and in the
downloads there are quite a few test files (so I'll have a go at
them). Photran is packed in jar files so I have to Install it, I will
have a go at it (didn't see a test suite there yet).

Best Regards,

Albert

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 07:05, Oleg Batrashev <ogbash <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Albert <albert.tests <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of test suite to
>> test if all Fortran constructs and especially the newer ones are
>> covered by Doxygen.
> This is a good idea. Especially, if it is possible to match doxygen
> output against predefined answer, so not only program errors are
> caught but also failures. I doubt however that it is easy to achieve.
>
>> The reason for this email is: does anybody know more places with test
>> suites for Fortran that can be used to find possible problems ?
> The only idea I have is to look into Fortran parsers,e.g.
> OpenFortranParser
> http://fortran-parser.sourceforge.net/
> Phortran
> http://www.eclipse.org/photran/
>
> Best,
> Oleg
>
>>
>> Albert
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
>> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data
>> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
>> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business
>> insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev
>> _______________________________________________
>> Doxygen-develop mailing list
>> Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Doxygen-develop mailing list
Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended
recipient, or otherwise have received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by email at the above referenced address and note that any further dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United
States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and
to certain foreign nationals. Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and their regulations -- including
the U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations and the U.S. Department of State
International Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or
otherwise, any content derived from this email to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in
violation of such laws.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
Todd | 3 Mar 18:20 2011
Picon

Re: Winbuild Missing Files

Hi Dimitri,


Thanks for the help. I'm up and running now.

I had already done all the updates to the environment variables. The build worked when I downloaded and used the tarball.

I thought I would be able to check out from SVN and build from that. Not sure why that didn't work but that is ok.  :)

Thanks,

Todd


On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Dimitri Van Heesch <doxygen <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Todd,

On Mar 2, 2011, at 1:13 , Todd wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just checked out trunk and am trying to build on Windows.
>
> When I try to build the Doxygen project, I get the following error: PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Executing Lex for c:\Doxygen\src\/scanner.cpp ...".
>
> Scanner.cpp has a question mark next to it in Visual Studio. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Did you do the part starting with "The next step ..." mentioned here?
http://www.doxygen.org/install.html#install_src_windows

Regards,
 Dimitri


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in 
Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data 
generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual
or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business 
insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev 
_______________________________________________
Doxygen-develop mailing list
Doxygen-develop <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/doxygen-develop
Robert Nelson | 8 Mar 22:17 2011
Picon

Smart Pointers

I'm implementing support for smart pointers.  I have the operator ->() part working but I'm hitting a
problem with typedefs and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

For example given the following code:

template<class T>
class CPointer
{
public:
    T *operator ->(void) const
    {
        return m_pObject;
    }

private:
    T * m_pObject;
};
	
class   CTest
{
public:
    void Func(void)
    {
    }
};

CPointer<CTest> pTest;

typedef CPointer<CTest> CTestPtr;

CTestPtr pTest2;

pTest->Func();    // Works

pTest2->Func();	// Doesn't work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What You Don't Know About Data Connectivity CAN Hurt You
This paper provides an overview of data connectivity, details
its effect on application quality, and explores various alternative
solutions. http://p.sf.net/sfu/progress-d2d