Bob Stayton | 15 Dec 17:39 2014
Picon

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 December 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 December 2014
=============================================================

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 17 December 2014
at 1:00pm ET for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
  Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.

Agenda

1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 21 January 2015
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

   a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
       OASIS Standard.
(Continue reading)

Sascha Manns | 2 Dec 16:19 2014
Picon

A vertical red line on a book titlepage

Hello list,

maybe anyone can help me.
I would like to have a vertical red line on my book titlepage. Can 
anyone tell me please how to modify my stylesheets?
--

-- 
Yours sincerly

Sascha Manns
Bob Stayton | 20 Nov 01:04 2014
Picon

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 November 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 November 2014
=============================================================

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 19 November 2014.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Norm Walsh

Absent: Loren Cahlander

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous (August) meeting.

3. Next meeting: 17 December 2014

No regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

   a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
       OASIS Standard.
       CONTINUED

   b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
(Continue reading)

Mats Broberg | 18 Nov 14:48 2014
Picon

section element

Greetings,

 

In DocBook, the “section” element cannot appear directly under “book” or “part”, but must have a “chapter” parent. So what to do if a “section” is reused (as xincludes) between publications and sometimes must appear at the “chapter” level and sometimes at a “section” and even a subsection level?

 

“section” is allowed directly under “article”, but “article” seems like the wrong element for a 300+ page publication (such as a manual).

 

Best regards,

Mats

Bob Stayton | 17 Nov 18:03 2014
Picon

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 19 November 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 19 November 2014
=============================================================

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 19 November 2014
at 1:00pm ET for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
  Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.

Agenda

1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 17 December 2014
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

   a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
       OASIS Standard.

   b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
       standard.

   c.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

   d.  Bob to work with Norm to request Oxygen to implement
       XInclude 1.1.

   e.  Bob to add discussion of "DocBook Transclusions" to the
       next agenda.

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

8.  Jirka's "DocBook Transclusions" document

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):

       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/

     RFEs to revisit for 6.0

     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

    RFEs under discussion

    Ticket  Tracker
     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
     291   3491860   license tag  (hold for 5.2)

    No new RFEs

-----

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201410/msg00002.html

--

-- 
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs <at> sagehill.net
Klaus Jantzen | 31 Oct 09:42 2014
Picon

Conditional index

Hi,

in my document I generate an index with <indexterm> ... </indexterm>
and the command <index/> at the end.

Works as expected.

Now I think that an index is not necessary in an html-document that has
a lot of internal references.

Thus I would like to have the index only in the pdf-file.
I tried to achieve that with

<index role="fo"/>

but that did not work.
(role="fo"/"html" works fine with phrases, imageobjects etc.)

What should I do to produce the index only for the pdf-file?

Thanks for any hints.
--

-- 
KDJ
Steve Cuzner | 28 Oct 18:04 2014
Picon

docbook 4 DTD Parameter Entities to Docbook 5 RNG defines

Does anyone know of a mapping, even a rough mapping, for docbook 4 parameter entities to matching Docbook 5 RNG defines? For example, we have  a customization layer that adds additional elements to the docbook 4 refentry.class PE and to achieve the same in DB5 we need to modify db.reference.components and db.toplevel.sections (and lower level sections, such as db.sect1.sections) so that our custom refentry elements can appear at the same points as refentry. Or perhaps I should customize db.extension.blocks or db.simplesect. Are there any customization layer conversion guides out there?

 

 

Regards,

 

Steve Cuzner

Product and Web Help Group

 

Dominik G. | 27 Oct 15:13 2014
Picon

Option arguments inside a variablelist term

Hi,

I'm trying to write a manpage for a tool that has a commandline option "-o"
which can take three possible option arguments, namely "html", "xml", or "text".
Expressing this in the synopsis is easy:

<refentry xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" xml:lang="en">
  ...
  <refsynopsisdiv>
    <cmdsynopsis>
      <command>foo</command>
      <arg choice="opt">
        <option>-o</option>
        <group choice="plain">
          <arg choice="plain">html</arg>
          <arg choice="plain">xml</arg>
          <arg choice="plain">text</arg>
        </group>
      </arg>
      ...
    </cmdsynopsis>
  </refsynopsisdiv>

However, I'm using a variablelist in the "Options" section of the manpage for
giving a detailed explanation of each option, here I have a problem, using
<arg> and <group> is not allowed inside <term>, how am I supposed to express
the above?

  <refsect1>
    <title>Options</title>
    <variablelist>
      <varlistentry>
        <term>
          <option>-o</option>
          <!-- what to do here ??? -->
        </term>
      </varlistentry>
      ...
    </variablelist>
  </refsect1>

Working around this like

        <term>
          <option>-o</option>
          <replaceable>output_format</replaceable>
        </term>

seems rather inconsistent and using

        <term>
          <option>-o</option>
          html | xml | text
        </term>

looks also ugly mixing semantics with presentation.
Any ideas, suggestions?
Bob Stayton | 15 Oct 22:14 2014
Picon

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 October 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 October 2014
=============================================================

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 15 October 2014.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton

Regrets: Norm Walsh

Absent: Loren Cahlander

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous (August) meeting.

3. Next meeting: 19 November 2014

Scott will not be able to attend.

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

   a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
       OASIS Standard.
       CONTINUED

   b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
       standard.
       CONTINUED

   c.  Jirka to update "DocBook Transclusions" document to reflect
       the new XInclude 1.1 features.
       COMPLETED

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

No new subcommittee activity.  Scott asked about the integration
of the publishers XSL into the DocBook XSL distribution.

ACTION: Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

7.  Transclusion in DocBook

The W3C still needs a second implementation of the new XInclude
1.1 proposal to make it a full Recommendation.  Dick suggested
that Oxygen XML might do that.

ACTION: Bob to work with Norm to request Oxygen to implement
XInclude 1.1.

Jirka updated the "DocBook Transclusions" document in September,
and it is available here:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201409/msg00001.html

Please read it by the next meeting so we can discuss it then.

ACTION: Bob to add discussion of "DocBook Transclusions" to the
next agenda.

8.  DocBook 5.1 release

Norm is still working on the spec.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):

       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/

     RFEs to revisit for 6.0

     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

    RFEs under discussion

    Ticket  Tracker
     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
     291   3491860   license tag  (hold for 5.2)

    No new RFEs

-----

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201408/msg00006.html

--

-- 
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs <at> sagehill.net
Bob Stayton | 13 Oct 22:31 2014
Picon

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 15 October 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 15 October 2014
=============================================================

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 15 October 2014
at 1:00pm ET for 90 minutes.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
  Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.

Agenda

1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous (August) meeting.
3. Next meeting: 19 November 2014
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

   a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
       OASIS Standard.

   b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude
       standard.

   c.  Jirka to update "DocBook Transclusions" document to reflect
       the new XInclude 1.1 features.

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

7.  Transclusion in DocBook

8.  DocBook 5.1 release

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):

       https://sourceforge.net/p/docbook/rfes/300/

     RFEs to revisit for 6.0

     247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

    RFEs under discussion

    Ticket  Tracker
     260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
     273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
     291   3491860   license tag  (hold for 5.2)

    No new RFEs

-----

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201408/msg00006.html

--

-- 
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs <at> sagehill.net
Steve Cuzner | 3 Oct 18:21 2014
Picon

To Namespace or Not To Namespace

I’m investigating porting our 4.x docbook to 5.x. For our custom elements, I’m considering adding them to our own namespace so that it is more obvious which elements are docbook and which are custom to our extension. While technically not necessary given that any customizations makes it not DocBook, what are the pros and cons of namespacing our own extension elements?

 

 

Regards,

 

Steve Cuzner

 


Gmane