Eric Davis | 1 May 18:08 2010
Picon

testing slrn on gmane.org

Appears to be working.  Hopefully this shows up.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Duis varius
tristique nulla, eu euismod augue adipiscing sit amet. Lorem ipsum
dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In hac habitasse platea
dictumst. Donec sagittis vestibulum sem, et tincidunt eros suscipit
at. In rutrum justo sed metus sodales sed convallis enim
condimentum. Morbi a lacinia tellus. Fusce nisi felis, sollicitudin
vel tincidunt ut, eleifend vitae enim. Praesent in nisi massa, vitae
iaculis leo. Aliquam at sapien odio. Maecenas sit amet neque
ipsum. Integer blandit, mauris eu fermentum vehicula, nisi metus
sodales sem, quis consectetur felis quam a magna. Donec fermentum
justo nec lectus pulvinar consectetur.

(Make sure word wrapping works too)

Manatee | 1 May 20:24 2010
Picon

Re: testing slrn on gmane.org

On Sat, 1 May 2010 16:08:02 +0000 (UTC), Eric Davis
<circa1979+gmane <at> gmail.com> wrote, by way of
<slrnhtokf4.1cgr.circa1979+gmane <at> eric-daviss-imac.local>, in gmane.test
-->::

>Appears to be working.  Hopefully this shows up.
>
>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Duis varius
>tristique nulla, eu euismod augue adipiscing sit amet. Lorem ipsum
>dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In hac habitasse platea
>dictumst. Donec sagittis vestibulum sem, et tincidunt eros suscipit
>at. In rutrum justo sed metus sodales sed convallis enim
>condimentum. Morbi a lacinia tellus. Fusce nisi felis, sollicitudin
>vel tincidunt ut, eleifend vitae enim. Praesent in nisi massa, vitae
>iaculis leo. Aliquam at sapien odio. Maecenas sit amet neque
>ipsum. Integer blandit, mauris eu fermentum vehicula, nisi metus
>sodales sem, quis consectetur felis quam a magna. Donec fermentum
>justo nec lectus pulvinar consectetur.
>
>(Make sure word wrapping works too)

Word-wrap is working fine (no "manual" editing/wrapping was 
required <g>).

--

-- 

Millenia ago, cats were worshipped as Gods.
They (the cats) have never forgotten this.

(Continue reading)

Eric Davis | 1 May 21:05 2010
Picon

Re: testing slrn on gmane.org

On 2010-05-01, Manatee <royalfeline <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2010 16:08:02 +0000 (UTC), Eric Davis
><circa1979+gmane <at> gmail.com> wrote, by way of
><slrnhtokf4.1cgr.circa1979+gmane <at> eric-daviss-imac.local>, in gmane.test
> -->::

Your having "by way of
<slrnhtokf4.1cgr.circa1979+gmane <at> eric-daviss-imac.local>," is that
something unique you did?  From what I gather, that is -- or appears
to be -- my message ID.  Is that right?  I presume a user can modify
that line to say anything they want.

Reading back through the slrn docs, it appears I should not generate
my own message IDs.

>>Appears to be working.  Hopefully this shows up.
>>
>>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Duis varius
>>tristique nulla, eu euismod augue adipiscing sit amet. Lorem ipsum
>>dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In hac habitasse platea
>>dictumst. Donec sagittis vestibulum sem, et tincidunt eros suscipit
>>at. In rutrum justo sed metus sodales sed convallis enim
>>condimentum. Morbi a lacinia tellus. Fusce nisi felis, sollicitudin
>>vel tincidunt ut, eleifend vitae enim. Praesent in nisi massa, vitae
>>iaculis leo. Aliquam at sapien odio. Maecenas sit amet neque
>>ipsum. Integer blandit, mauris eu fermentum vehicula, nisi metus
>>sodales sem, quis consectetur felis quam a magna. Donec fermentum
>>justo nec lectus pulvinar consectetur.
>>
>>(Make sure word wrapping works too)
(Continue reading)

Manatee | 1 May 23:20 2010
Picon

Re: testing slrn on gmane.org

On Sat, 1 May 2010 19:05:52 +0000 (UTC), Eric Davis
<circa1979+gmane <at> gmail.com> wrote, by way of
<hrhu2g$2qm$1 <at> dough.gmane.org>, in gmane.test:

>On 2010-05-01, Manatee <royalfeline <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 May 2010 16:08:02 +0000 (UTC), Eric Davis
>><circa1979+gmane <at> gmail.com> wrote, by way of
>><slrnhtokf4.1cgr.circa1979+gmane <at> eric-daviss-imac.local>, in gmane.test
>> -->::
>
>Your having "by way of
><slrnhtokf4.1cgr.circa1979+gmane <at> eric-daviss-imac.local>," is that
>something unique you did?  From what I gather, that is -- or appears
>to be -- my message ID.  Is that right?  I presume a user can modify
>that line to say anything they want.

I began that sort of thing a long time ago, by way of Forte Agent
1.9.*something*. Got no idea if any-other nntp-clients will properly
utilize the below string (but it'll be a good starting point, for you;
imho) - minus the quotes, of course.

"On %date%, %from% wrote, by way of %Message-Id%, in %newsgroups%
-->::\n"

Modify as you may see fit [to do]   : )

>Reading back through the slrn docs, it appears I should not generate
>my own message IDs.
>
>>>Appears to be working.  Hopefully this shows up.
(Continue reading)

Heinrich | 4 May 02:22 2010
X-Face

Eins

test

Heinrich | 4 May 02:26 2010
X-Face

Re: Eins2

Am Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 02:22 schrieb Heinrich:

> test

Zwei

knoedel | 4 May 02:32 2010

Eins

Am Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 02:22 schrieb Heinrich:

> test

Zwei
Drei

Heinrich | 4 May 02:36 2010
X-Face

neu

Am Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 02:26 schrieb Heinrich:

> Zwei

...

knoedel | 4 May 02:38 2010

Re: Eins

Am Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 02:26 schrieb Heinrich:

> Zwei

..

Heinrich | 4 May 02:39 2010
X-Face

Re: Eins2

Am Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 02:26 schrieb Heinrich:

> Zwe2i

Zwei


Gmane