UK Uni Nationals 2013: Highlights video
2013-05-21 16:32:55 GMT
Dear Hat lovers, Registration for the XL Hat 2013 is possible from now until July 7. http://ffindr.com/de/event/xl-hat-2013 Where: Brussels When: August 10-11, 2013 Fee: 65 € (incl. camping and all-you-can-eat all day, every day) As usual, we will be playing, eating, partying and camping in the lovely Woluwe Park, easily reached by public transport. This year's theme is a Belgian classic, COMICS. You can see the nice things people had to say about last year's edition in the ratings at http://ffindr.com/de/event/xl-hat-2012. We hope to see you in August! XLR8RS
Dear Britain and Europe
You may have seen on Ffindr or the UKU website that the Sheffield Hat returns this year on the weekend of 7/8 September. This is the 4th edition of the Sheffield Hat tournament, and the second year held at the Hillsborough Sports Arena.
The Sheffield Hat is played 5-v-5 on smaller (near BULA-sized) pitches. All ages and experience are encouraged to enter and teams will be drawn to be as similar in overall standard as possible (based on your answers submitted at registration).
It is a very relaxed tournament with music playing throughout, and food and drink available on site all weekend. Saturday night remains relaxed with a number of pub and drinking games on offer, and the bar is open until gone midnight.
As with previous years we will be raising money for charity (though which charity is still to be confirmed). A small proportion of your entry fee will be donated along with any other funds we can raise over the weekend.
The Saturday MVP Show Game with fantasy ultimate (and a chance to win cash) returns once again, and this year we also plan a slip-and-slide layout competition and 3 pint challenge, all in the name of charity!
The player entry fee is £30 though this will increase the closer we get to the tournament. We have onsite camping available at a cost of £10 per tent.
Entry will open through the event website at 7pm on Thursday 30th May - please see the website for full details (it will be gradually updated between now and then).
Are you ready for a new episode of the oldest international Italian tournament?
That's right...2013 will be the 26th edition of Madunina!
What happened last year? Check it out at http://tinyurl.com/Madunina-pics-2012
Some history facts for anyone who doesn't understand the meaning of this word. Madunina is the golden statue of Mary on top of the Duomo (the cathedral right in the center of the city). Mary....Madonna....Madonnina (Little Madonna)....Madunina in Milanese, the dialect spoken in Milano. Got it?
So, here's some info about the tournament!
What - Where - When
The tournament will be held as usual right at the edge of Milano in a large renovated sport center in Cernusco sul Naviglio, along a beaufiful water canal, on the weekend of the 7-8th September 2013.
How long will it take you to get to the fields from:
• Milano Linate Airport: 15min
• Milano Bergamo Airport: 20min
• Milano Malpensa Airport: 40min
• Centrale M2 Subway: 25min
We will have 16 mixed teams competing on 4 nice grass fields. The format is loose coed (2 women on the line min).
Player fee is €30 and includes:
• Welcome Pasta-Party on Friday
• 2 Breakfasts
• Water on the fields
• Swimming pool on Saturday and Sunday
• Beer race
• Aperitif on Saturday
• Dinner along the canal on Saturday
• Theme party on Saturday
• Gift for every player
• Gift for every team
Team fee is €100.
Registration is open!
Let us know you are coming earlier or if you want to stay longer after the tournament: we will do our best and will be happy to have you as our guests if we can!
The organizers of the WFDF & BULA European Championships of Beach Ultimate are looking for a Spirit of the Game Director. Is anyone in your organization that could recommend for this position? We can offer free accommodations and meals between June 26-June 31, plus 4 days of an amazing experience with 1,200 European Beach Ultimate players from 23 countries on a beach in Spain…
In return we are looking for someone that:
· - Is familiar with the WFDF & BULA SOTG scoring system and how it has to be filled in: http://wfdf.org/sotg/about-sotg
· - Has a good knowledge of the rules of Ultimate.
· - Collects scores from the SOTG Captains of each team after their last game and input SOTG Scores into UltiOrganizer immediately after.
· - Alerts team that they cannot play the first game of the day if they have outstanding score sheets
· - Talks to Spirit Captains of teams that gave opponents a score lower of 7 or less to understand why and then, if needed, talk to the opponents to request to take steps so that the spirit scores will improve.
· - Talks to Spirit Captains of teams that have given very high scores to the opponent (15+) to understand why. Normally scores should be between 8-13. Give them the opportunity to redo the scores if they feel that the first entry was not correct.
· - Alerts the Tournament Rules Group if there is a team that consistently scores low.
· - Double checks the final standings
· - Helps out with other chores that undoubtedly will be needed
If you know of anyone that might fit this profile and could be interested, please forward this email, or send them to volunteers-qPRMAn2C8BNg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org.
More information about the event can be found at www.ecbu2013.org
Thanks in advance!