[sci.med.imaging 354] ICCEBS 2013 – Announce & Invitation
We are pleased to announce the International Conference on Computational and Experimental Biomedical Sciences (ICCEBS2013 - www.fe.up.pt/~iccebs) in Ponta Delgada, S Miguel Island, Azores, October 20-22, 2013.
The use of more robust, affordable and efficient techniques and technologies with application in Biomedical Sciences is presently a subject of huge interest and demand, and ICCEBS is intended to be a privileged discussion forum to define their key stakeholders.
ICCEBS will bring together researchers from around the world representing several scientific fields related to Biomedical Sciences, including Engineering, Medicine, Biomechanics, Bioengineering, Biomaterials, Experimental Mechanics, Computer Sciences, Computational Mathematics, Hardware Developers and Manufactures, Electronic and Instrumentation and Materials Science.
In ICCEBS2013 will be considered topics of (not limited to):
- Analysis and diagnosis;
- Applications in medicine;
- Applications in veterinary;
- Artificial organs;
- Biological microelectromechanical systems, Labs-on-chips and Life-chips;
- Biomedical devices;
- Computational bio- imaging and visualization;
- Computational methods;
- Computer aided diagnosis;
- Computer assisted surgery;
- Experimental mechanics;
- Medical robotics;
- Minimally invasive devices and techniques;
- Molecular and Cellular Biomechanics;
- Numeral methods;
- Prosthesis and orthosis;
- ImagingSignal processing and analysis;
- Software development;
- Technical aids;
- Tissue engineering;
- Virtual reality.
Due to your very interesting and key research activities, we would like to invite you to participate in ICCEBS2013 and share your expertize. Your contribution is welcomed, and we would be honored if you could accept this invitation.
“The Biomechanics Detective & Clues to Expensive Unintentional Injuries”
James A. Ashton-Miller - University of Michigan, USA “Experimental and numerical microstructural modelling of vascular tissues”
Estefanía Peña Baquedano - Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain “Modelling flow induced ATP/ADP concentration transport in patient-specific arteries”
Perumal Nithiarasu - Swansea University, UK
- Deadline for one page abstract submission: 30th September 2013;
- Authors’ notification: 5th October 2013;
- Deadline for full papers (not mandatory): 15th January 2014.
- Abstracts: All accepted abstracts will be distributed in a USB pen.
- Full Papers (not mandatory): The proceedings book of ICCEBS2013, with all full papers, will be published by Springer under the Book Series Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics (www.springer.com/series/8910).
- The organizers will prepare the publishing of a book with 20 invited works from the most important ones presented in ICCEBS2013 (extended versions). The book will be published by Springer under the Book Series Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics (www.springer.com/series/8910).
- Additionally, the organizers will encourage the submission of extended versions of the accepted works to related International Journals; particularly, for special journal issues dedicated to ICCEBS2013. Two already confirmed possibilities are: Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization (www.tandfonline.com/loi/tciv20) and International Journal for Computational Vision and Biomechanics (www.fe.up.pt/~ijcvb).
A best work prize will be given by the conference organizers to the best work presented in ICCEBS2013.
João Manuel R. S. Tavares, Universidade do Porto, Portugal (tavares-A1Gx7Te15Zc@public.gmane.org) Renato Natal Jorge, Universidade do Porto, Portugal (rnatal-A1Gx7Te15Zc@public.gmane.org) (ICCEBS co-chairs)
PS. For more information, you are invited to visit the conference webpage at: www.fe.up.pt/~iccebs.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "science.medical.imaging" group.
To post to this group, send email to medicalimagingscience-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to medicalimagingscience-unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/medicalimagingscience?hl=en
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "science.medical.imaging" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to medicalimagingscience+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.