Brianna Laugher | 14 Dec 06:10 2008
Picon

what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.

Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be restored?

thanks,
Brianna

--

-- 
They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
http://modernthings.org/
effe iets anders | 14 Dec 11:37 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

yes, this has been reported before. There seems to be no reply from the former team :( I think it would be good if it would be restored or at least redirected to some wikimania website.

Lodewijk

2008/12/14 Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.

Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be restored?

thanks,
Brianna

--
They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment:
http://modernthings.org/

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l-RusutVdil2icGmH+5r0DM0B+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l@...
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
James R. | 14 Dec 12:43 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

I think it might be useful to forward this onto the technical side of things (wikitech-l perhaps) as this is in the *.wikimedia.org domain it should be easy to take hold of it.

James

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM, effe iets anders <effeietsanders-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
yes, this has been reported before. There seems to be no reply from the former team :( I think it would be good if it would be restored or at least redirected to some wikimania website.

Lodewijk

2008/12/14 Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.

Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be restored?

thanks,
Brianna


--
User:E from Wikimedia Foundation projects
English Wikipedia Administrator
Wikimedia Australia Member
_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l@...
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Mido | 14 Dec 14:28 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

The domain redirection belongs to wikitech-l, and this is the first time I hear about it, they can adjust the wikimedia sub-domains (preferably, this should redirect to wikimania2008.wikimedia.org)
about the content, I have it offline. I can upload it to any wikimedia server if possible.

Mido

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 13:43, James R. <e.wikipedia-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I think it might be useful to forward this onto the technical side of things (wikitech-l perhaps) as this is in the *.wikimedia.org domain it should be easy to take hold of it.

James


On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM, effe iets anders <effeietsanders-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
yes, this has been reported before. There seems to be no reply from the former team :( I think it would be good if it would be restored or at least redirected to some wikimania website.

Lodewijk

2008/12/14 Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.

Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be restored?

thanks,
Brianna


--
User:E from Wikimedia Foundation projects
English Wikipedia Administrator
Wikimedia Australia Member

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l-RusutVdil2icGmH+5r0DM0B+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l




--
- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"
_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l@...
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
phoebe ayers | 14 Dec 17:38 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

Hey Mido,
If you have the schedule and talk information, it should probably go
on wikimania2008.wikimedia.org. If it needs to be formatted we can all
help.

-- phoebe

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:28 AM, Mido <mido.architect@...> wrote:
> The domain redirection belongs to wikitech-l, and this is the first time I
> hear about it, they can adjust the wikimedia sub-domains (preferably, this
> should redirect to wikimania2008.wikimedia.org)
> about the content, I have it offline. I can upload it to any wikimedia
> server if possible.
> Mido
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 13:43, James R. <e.wikipedia@...> wrote:
>>
>> I think it might be useful to forward this onto the technical side of
>> things (wikitech-l perhaps) as this is in the *.wikimedia.org domain it
>> should be easy to take hold of it.
>>
>> James
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM, effe iets anders
>> <effeietsanders@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> yes, this has been reported before. There seems to be no reply from the
>>> former team :( I think it would be good if it would be restored or at least
>>> redirected to some wikimania website.
>>>
>>> Lodewijk
>>>
>>> 2008/12/14 Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher@...>
>>>>
>>>> Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
>>>> http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.
>>>>
>>>> Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be
>>>> restored?
>>>>
>>>> thanks,
>>>> Brianna
>>
>>
>> --
>> User:E from Wikimedia Foundation projects
>> English Wikipedia Administrator
>> Wikimedia Australia Member
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimania-l mailing list
>> Wikimania-l@...
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>>
>
>
>
> --
> - Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> Wikimania-l@...
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>
>
Austin Hair | 14 Dec 18:12 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher@...> wrote:
> Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
> http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.

That subdomain pointed to a server maintained by the local team, which
apparently isn't answering specifically for that virtual host anymore.

> Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be restored?

This was never at that address to begin with, actually; you're
probably looking for http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/

The only thing at the wm08reg site was registration- and
scholarship-related content, but if you need something that you know
was hosted there, please let me know.

Austin
effe iets anders | 14 Dec 18:48 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

The schedule information wás on that domain actually. It was an html output of the pentabarf. The pentabarf version should still be available through https://wikimedia.pentabarf.org/pentabarf/schedule for people with access to that.

BR, Lodewijk

2008/12/14 Austin Hair <adhair-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Brianna Laugher
<brianna.laugher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Currently http://wm08reg.wikimedia.org/ redirects to
> http://www.alsaha.com/ which has a lot of Arabic.

That subdomain pointed to a server maintained by the local team, which
apparently isn't answering specifically for that virtual host anymore.

> Does the schedule and talk information exist elsewhere? Can it be restored?

This was never at that address to begin with, actually; you're
probably looking for http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/

The only thing at the wm08reg site was registration- and
scholarship-related content, but if you need something that you know
was hosted there, please let me know.

Austin

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l@...
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Austin Hair | 14 Dec 19:21 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM, effe iets anders
<effeietsanders <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> The schedule information wás on that domain actually. It was an html output
> of the pentabarf. The pentabarf version should still be available through
> https://wikimedia.pentabarf.org/pentabarf/schedule for people with access to
> that.

I'd forgotten about the export; I can retrieve if from my backup, but
it'd probably be better if someone with access to the Pentabarf system
exported the latest copy and put it on the wiki.

Austin
_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
effe iets anders | 14 Dec 19:23 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

well, exporting it directly gives ugly html and a lot of different pages. The backup might actually be nicer to view... But if need be, I could export it again.

Lodewijk

2008/12/14 Austin Hair <adhair <at> gmail.com>
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM, effe iets anders
<effeietsanders-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The schedule information wás on that domain actually. It was an html output
> of the pentabarf. The pentabarf version should still be available through
> https://wikimedia.pentabarf.org/pentabarf/schedule for people with access to
> that.

I'd forgotten about the export; I can retrieve if from my backup, but
it'd probably be better if someone with access to the Pentabarf system
exported the latest copy and put it on the wiki.

Austin

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
Wikimania-l@...
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Tzu-Chiang Liou | 17 Dec 15:38 2008
Picon

Re: what happened to wm08reg.wikimedia.org ?

Dear Mido,

Just curious, could you find the original server that host related information?
I mean, assume it was off-line for some reasons but you could still access it.

If you manage to find/dump the data, I think we could find another server to
host it. Or format the information onto wikimania2008 pages as Phoebe suggested.

Best Regards,

Tzu-Chiang

Tzu-Chiang Liou
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tcliou
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543610417
Email: tcliou <at>  {gmail.com|iis.sinica.edu.tw} || MSN: tcliou <at> msn.com || Skype: tcliou

effe iets anders wrote:
> well, exporting it directly gives ugly html and a lot of different 
> pages. The backup might actually be nicer to view... But if need be, I 
> could export it again.
> 
> Lodewijk
> 
> 2008/12/14 Austin Hair <adhair <at> gmail.com <mailto:adhair <at> gmail.com>>
> 
>     On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM, effe iets anders
>     <effeietsanders <at> gmail.com <mailto:effeietsanders <at> gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > The schedule information wás on that domain actually. It was an
>     html output
>      > of the pentabarf. The pentabarf version should still be available
>     through
>      > https://wikimedia.pentabarf.org/pentabarf/schedule for people
>     with access to
>      > that.
> 
>     I'd forgotten about the export; I can retrieve if from my backup, but
>     it'd probably be better if someone with access to the Pentabarf system
>     exported the latest copy and put it on the wiki.
> 
>     Austin
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> Wikimania-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Gmane