In the current session of the Indian Parliament a
number of Bills are likely to be discussed and passed like The
Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India Bill 2011, The Agriculture
Bio-Security Bill 2011, The Seeds Bill 2004, The Pesticides Management
Bill 2008, The Lok Pal Bill 2011, The National Food Security Bill 2011.
All these Bills are listed below and highlighted in yellow background :-
Monsoon Session of the Indian Parliament to begin from Aug 1
Lok Pal Bill to be tabled, Whistleblower Bill not on agenda
Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation Bill unlikely to be tabled
By: ASHOK B SHARMA On: Fri 29 of July, 2011 13:49 UTC
The much debated Lok Pal Bill, 2011 is likely to be tabled by the third
day of the Monsoon Session of the Parliament which begins from August
1. It would be tabled in the Lok Sabha.
The Whistleblower Bill is, however, not on the agenda.
Though the controversial Land Acquisition and
Resettlement and Rehabilitation (LARR) Bill, 2011 is on the agenda, it
is most unlikely that this Bill would be tabled in the Monsoon Session.
The Union Ministry of Rural Development on Friday has placed this draft
Bill in the public domain inviting suggestions and comments by August 31
and thereafter these comments would be reviewed. Therefore, as the
Monsoon Session which is slated to conclude by September 8 there is less
chances for this Bill to be tabled.
Addressing the media on Friday, the Union Minister
for Parliamentary Affairs and Water Resources, Pawan Kumar Bansal said :
“our endeavour will be to get the Lok Pal Bill passed in this session
of the Parliament. But there is a process which involves referring the
tabled Bill to the Standing Committee which deliberates on it over a
stipulated period of time and sends it back to the House.”
The Monsoon Session, 2011 of Parliament will be the
8th session of the 15th Lok Sabha and the 223rd session of the Rajya
Sabha. The Monsoon Session will provide 26 sittings spread over a period
of 39 days.
The Session will mainly be devoted to essential
Government legislative and other business, including financial business
relating to Supplementary Demands for Grants for the year 2011-12 in
respect of Railway and General Budgets.
The Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2011
and The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and
Manufacturing, Kancheepuram Bill, 2001 will be tabled with the intention
of replacing two Ordinances issued earlier by the government. Besides
35 Bill tabled earlier in both the Houses of the Parliament will be
taken up for consideration. Also 32 new Bills are slated to be
introduced. There will be discussion and voting on the First
Supplementary Demands for Grants (General) and on Supplementary Demands
for Grants (Railways) for the year 2011-12.
I – BILLS FOR INTRODUCTION, CONSIDERATION AND PASSING
1. The Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2011 – To replace an Ordinance
2. The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram Bill, 2011– To replace an Ordinance
II – Bills for Consideration and Passing
1. The Seeds Bill, 2004.
2. The Constitution (One Hundred and Eleventh Amendment) Bill, 2009.
3. The Pesticides Management Bill, 2008.
4. The Company Secretaries (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
5. The Chartered Accountants (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
6. The Cost and Works Accountants (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
7. The National Commission for Heritage Sites Bill, 2009.
8. The State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks Laws) Amendment Bill, 2009.
9. The Coinage Bill, 2011, as passed by Lok Sabha
10 The Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pudducherry (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
11. The Transplantation of Human Organs (Amendment) Bill, 2009.
12 The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, Bill, 2010.
13. The New Delhi Municipal Council (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
14. The Orissa (Alteration of Name) Bill, 2011 (as returned by Rajya Sabha with amendments)
15. The Constitution (One Hundred Thirteenth Amendment) Bill, 2011 (as returned by Rajya Sabha with amendments)
16. The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Amendment Bill, 2010.
17. The Educational Tribunals Bill, 2010.(as passed by Lok Sabha)
18. The Institute of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2011. (as passed by Lok Sabha)
19. The Architects (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
20. The National Institute of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010
21. The Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
22. The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
23. The National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
24. The Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Amendment Bill, 2010.
25. The Constitution (One Hundred and Fourteenth Amendment) Bill, 2010.
26. The Constitution (One Hundred and Eighth Amendment) Bill, 2010. (as passed by Rajya Sabha)
27. The Commercial Division of High Courts Bill, 2009. (as passed by Lok Sabha)
28. The Constitution (One Hundred and Tenth Amendment) Bill, 2009.
29 The Constitution (One Hundred and Twelfth Amendment) Bill, 2009.
30. The Petroleum and Minerals Pipelines (Acquisition of Right to User in Land) Amendment Bill, 2010.
31. The Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Amendment Bill, 2008.
32. The Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Bill, 2010.
33. The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Bill, 2010.
34, The Chemical Weapons Convention (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
35. The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2007.
III – NEW BILLS FOR INTRODUCTION
1. The Lokpal Bill, 2011.
2. The National Food Security Bill, 2011.
3. The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
4. The Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2011
5. The Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Bill, 2011
6. The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
7. The Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Amendment Bill, 2011
8. The Agriculture Bio-Security Bill, 2011.
9. The Nuclear Regulatory Authority Bill, 2011
10. The Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India Bill, 2011.
11. The Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2011.
12. The Electronic Service Delivery Bill, 2011.
13. The Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
14. The Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
15. The Wildlife (Protection) Amendment Bill, 2011.
16. The Indian Stamp (Amendment) Bill, 2011
17. The National Commission for Human Resources for Health Bill, 2011
18. The Customs Law (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2011
19. The Boarder Security Force (Amendment) Bill, 2011
20. The National Academic Depository (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
21. The National Council for Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011
22. The Universities for Innovation Bill, 2011
23. The Press and Registration of Books and Publications Bill, 2010
24. The Inter State Migrant Workmen Regulation of Employment & Conditions of Service (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
25. The Administrator’s General (Amendment) Bill, 2011
26. The Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Bill, 2011.
27. The Emigration Management Bill, 2011
28. The Damodar Valley Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011
29. The Passengers Security Bill, 2011
30. The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Bill, 2011
31. The National Sports Development Bill, 2011
32. Bill relating to Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement.
IV – FINANCIAL BUSINESS
1. Discussion and Voting on First Supplementary Demands for Grants (General) for the year 2011-2012.
2. Discussion and Voting on Supplementary Demands for Grants (Railways) for 2011-12.
Please use this information. Its free so share or forward or copy, but USE!
Share it widely... and ALWAYS check before you go.