Paul B. Henson | 1 Sep 01:03 2009
Picon

Re: Problems with UTF patch on minimized system

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Bleek Thomas wrote:

> So I will try to open a case. But I don't want to see the face of the
> sunny boy, when I tell him, that my only problem is a simple warning (the
> ssh sessions are working without problems).

I recently updated patches here, and noticed the exact same warnings
coming from sshd. Please let me know the outcome of your case, I would also
like to get rid of the annoying warnings.

I was considering opening a case myself, but already have a handful open
and can only take so much Sun support interaction at once :(... I hate it
when they pick some keywords out of your problem report and send you
documentation that if they had actually read the problem report clearly did
not apply to your problem <sigh>...

--

-- 
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson <at> csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768

Techie | 2 Sep 08:01 2009
Picon

Download patches with dependencies.

Hello list,
I want to download a set of patches with their dependencies. I already
have these patches installed but I am downloading these for
installation on an alternate BE. I think the dependencies are not
being downloaded because the patches are already installed on the
current BE.
Is there a simple away around this. I am thinking it has to do with
the patchxref file but not sure.

Thanks

Martin Paul | 2 Sep 09:25 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: Download patches with dependencies.

Hi,

> I want to download a set of patches with their dependencies. I already
> have these patches installed but I am downloading these for
> installation on an alternate BE. I think the dependencies are not
> being downloaded because the patches are already installed on the
> current BE.

The key is to point pca at the alternate BE and to make it read 
information about installed packages and patches from there. That's what 
pca's -R/--rootdir option is for. Using "pca -R /mountedABE" it will 
behave just as if the system was booted from the ABE.

Martin.

Richard Skelton | 8 Sep 09:28 2009

Problem downloading patches with local proxy

Hi,
I have set-up and running a site PCA proxy which worked fine until Sun 
changed SunSolve a few weeks ago.
The last two day I am not getting any new patches. I check with Sun and 
I do have a valid SunSolve account.Is the a known problem?
brstb4:39> pca -i 142290
Option install: 1
Option nocache: 1
Option patchdir: //.
Option patchurl: http://pcaproxy/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi?
Option xrefurl: http://pcaproxy/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi?
Option dltries: 5
Option wget: /usr/sfw/bin/wget
Option debug: 1
ARGV: 142290
Version: 20090820-01
Config files: /etc/pca.conf
Found /usr/sfw/bin/wget (1.10.2, 11002, https)
Using /usr/sfw/bin/wget
Prerequisites for threads not met, setting threads to 0
Never update
Expanded patch list: 142290
xref mtime: Tue Sep  8 03:42:36 2009
xref now  : Tue Sep  8 08:15:35 2009
xref ctime: Tue Sep  8 06:45:53 2009
xref age  : 5382
Local file /var/tmp/patchdiag.xref is up to date
Reading from /usr/bin/showrev -p  2>/dev/null
Using /var/tmp/patchdiag.xref from Sep/07/09
137137-09 required by 142290: already installed
(Continue reading)

Don O'Malley | 8 Sep 14:03 2009
Picon

New Sun Patch Forum

Hi,

Sun have just started a Patch Forum (for contract customers only 
unfortunately).

For further details of how to get up and running on the Patch Forum see 
the Blog entry at 
http://blogs.sun.com/patch/entry/patch_forums_now_available_for.
Note: Details of how to access the Patch Forum for the first time are 
provided in the Blog entry (accessing the Forum for the first time is 
different to subsequent access attempts.)

Please note that this is not an alternative support channel and that in 
order to receive support from Sun you must continue to go through the 
regular Support Channels.
That said, once you have done this, there is nothing to stop you using 
the "Patch Issues" Forum to see if other customers have experienced the 
same issues you are seeing, or know of any workarounds.

There is additionally a separate Forum dedicated to discussing Patch 
Strategy and Enhancements to all things patch related - from SunSolve 
look & feel, to patchadd itself.

Feel free to contact me directly if you are having trouble accessing the 
Forum.

Best,
-Don

(Continue reading)

Martin Paul | 9 Sep 10:05 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: Problem downloading patches with local proxy

Richard Skelton wrote:
> I have set-up and running a site PCA proxy which worked fine until Sun 
> changed SunSolve a few weeks ago.
> The last two day I am not getting any new patches.

So was this the first time you tried to download patches after the 
SunSolve change or did it work at least once after the change?

You pca setup looks fine, I don't see a problem with that.

> https://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=142290-01&method=h
>           => `/var/apache2/htdocs/pca/142290-01.tmp'
> Resolving proxy1.muc.infineon.com... 172.23.16.161
> Connecting to proxy1.muc.infineon.com|172.23.16.161|:81... connected.
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Unavailable
> 08:16:25 ERROR 503: Service Unavailable.

So your webproxy returns an error when its being asked to download a 
patch from SunSolve. If it writes a logfile, please check that for 
further details.

Two things you might look into:

Since the change on SunSolve, HTTPS is required to download patches 
(before that HTTP was fine). Does you webproxy support HTTPS requests?

Look at http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-240066-1 
- there's a list of hosts you might have to add to your firewall rules, 
to allow the webproxy to access them (sunsolve.sun.com is not enough 
anymore).
(Continue reading)

Richard Skelton | 9 Sep 11:02 2009

Re: Problem downloading patches with local proxy

Hi Martin,

Martin Paul wrote:
> Richard Skelton wrote:
>   
>> I have set-up and running a site PCA proxy which worked fine until Sun 
>> changed SunSolve a few weeks ago.
>> The last two day I am not getting any new patches.
>>     
>
> So was this the first time you tried to download patches after the 
> SunSolve change or did it work at least once after the change?
>   
Has worked on and off for the last few weeks.
> You pca setup looks fine, I don't see a problem with that.
>
>   
>> https://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=142290-01&method=h
>>           => `/var/apache2/htdocs/pca/142290-01.tmp'
>> Resolving proxy1.muc.infineon.com... 172.23.16.161
>> Connecting to proxy1.muc.infineon.com|172.23.16.161|:81... connected.
>> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Unavailable
>> 08:16:25 ERROR 503: Service Unavailable.
>>     
>
> So your webproxy returns an error when its being asked to download a 
> patch from SunSolve. If it writes a logfile, please check that for 
> further details.
>
> Two things you might look into:
(Continue reading)

Georg Schwarz | 9 Sep 11:13 2009

Re: Problem downloading patches with local proxy

Hi Martin and Richard,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:02, Richard
Skelton<Richard.Skelton <at> infineon.com> wrote:
> Basic cnNrZWx0b246YnRjY3dqY2FndGU=" -O /var/apache2/htdocs/pca/141919-02.tmp
>>>/tmp/pca-proxy-debug.txt 2>&1
> --09:50:07--
>  https://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=141919-02&method=h
>          => `/var/apache2/htdocs/pca/141919-02.tmp'
> Resolving proxy1.muc.infineon.com... 172.23.16.161
> Connecting to proxy1.muc.infineon.com|172.23.16.161|:81... connected.
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
> Location: https://getupdates2.sun.com/all_unsigned/141919-02.zip [following]
> --09:50:09--  https://getupdates2.sun.com/all_unsigned/141919-02.zip
>          => `/var/apache2/htdocs/pca/141919-02.tmp'
> Connecting to proxy1.muc.infineon.com|172.23.16.161|:81... connected.
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 403 You are not entitled to
> retrieve this content.
> 09:50:13 ERROR 403: You are not entitled to retrieve this content..
>
> Wed Sep  9 09:50:13 2009: Failed
> Wed Sep  9 09:50:23 2009: Trying https://sunsolve.sun.com/ (5/15)
> Wed Sep  9 09:50:23 2009: /usr/sfw/bin/wget
> "https://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=141919-02&method=h" --execute
> https_proxy=http://proxy1.muc.infineon.com:81
> --ca-certificate=/var/apache2/cgi-bin/pca-proxy.cgi --header="Authorization:
> Basic cnNrZWx0b246YnRjY3dqY2FndGU=" -O /var/apache2/htdocs/pca/141919-02.tmp
>>>/tmp/pca-proxy-debug.txt 2>&1
> --09:50:23--
>  https://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=141919-02&method=h
(Continue reading)

Martin Paul | 9 Sep 12:46 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: Problem downloading patches with local proxy

Georg Schwarz wrote:
> That's pretty much the same problem that I have. Pca is only able to
> download patches from the akamai server. Downloads from the
> getupdates2 server are not possible at all and fail.

To be precise - the actual download will always be from the akamai 
server. As far as I understand it:

- pca/wget asks sunsolve which redirects the query to getupdates2
- getupdates2 verifies the SOA data and the entitlement and redirects to
   akamai if the user is allowed to get the patch.
- the patch zip file itself is downloaded from akamai.

The problem as seen in Richard's logfile is that getupdates2 denies the 
request at first, but when it's asked often enough, it gives its 
acknowledgement and makes the redirect to akamai. That's something that 
must be fixed on Sun's side; actually, I was afraid that splitting the 
sunsolve service onto three servers would end up in exactly this kind of 
problems which are hard to track down.

Martin.

Georg Schwarz | 9 Sep 13:00 2009

Re: Problem downloading patches with local proxy

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:46, Martin Paul<martin <at> par.univie.ac.at> wrote:
> To be precise - the actual download will always be from the akamai server.
> As far as I understand it:
>
> - pca/wget asks sunsolve which redirects the query to getupdates2
> - getupdates2 verifies the SOA data and the entitlement and redirects to
>  akamai if the user is allowed to get the patch.
> - the patch zip file itself is downloaded from akamai.
>
> The problem as seen in Richard's logfile is that getupdates2 denies the
> request at first, but when it's asked often enough, it gives its
> acknowledgement and makes the redirect to akamai. That's something that must
> be fixed on Sun's side; actually, I was afraid that splitting the sunsolve
> service onto three servers would end up in exactly this kind of problems
> which are hard to track down.
>
> Martin.
>
Jup, that's exactly how it is. getupdates2 seems to deny requests most
of the time. Let's say it's only every 4th or 5th attempt that gets
through to akamai.
I was wondering if it could be a problem related to the fact, that
Richard's and my pca-proxy connects through the company's internet
proxy to sunsolve.... :-/

Cheers
Georg

(Continue reading)


Gmane