Paul Whitfield | 1 Nov 08:36 2010
Picon

Strange behavior in SNMP / UDP Code

Hi All,

I have seen some strange behaviour with the snmp code and the
network stack and I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it.

In the SNMP code that is meant to list the current UDP sessions
a sysctl call is made (simplified code) as shown

     int             sname[] =
         { CTL_NET, PF_INET, IPPROTO_UDP, UDPCTL_PCBLIST };

     if (sysctl(sname, 4, 0, &len, 0, 0) < 0) {
         return;
     }

However, the length returned is negative, causing subsequent
code to fail.

Looking at the internals of the network code,
I tracked this back to a negative value in the
the function

udp_pcblist

It does the following calculation, and the value of udbinfo.ipi_count
is negative.

	n = udbinfo.ipi_count;
	req->oldidx = 2 * (sizeof xig)
		+ (n + n/8) * sizeof(struct xinpcb);
(Continue reading)

Eugene Shvets | 1 Nov 16:19 2010
Picon

gcc-4.5.1 make all problem

 Hi ,
I have problems compiling gcc-4.5.1. I decompressed

gcc-4.5.1.tar.gz, gcc-core-4.5.1.tar.gz,
gcc-g++-4.5.1.tar.gz, gcc-objc-4.5.1.tar.gz


files, patched with gcc-core-4.5.1-rtems4.11-20100818.diff
Then executed
../gcc-4.3.2/configure --target=bfin-rtems4.11 \
--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
--enable-threads --enable-languages="c,c++" \
--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
command.

make all failed like this:

checking for bfin-rtems4.10-gcc... /home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/./gcc/xgcc -B/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/./gcc/ -nostdinc -B/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/newlib/ -isystem /home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/newlib/targ-include -isystem /home/leednee/rtems/tools/gcc-4.5.1/newlib/libc/include -B/opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/bin/ -B/opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/lib/ -isystem /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/include -isystem /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/sys-include  
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/libgcc':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc'
make: *** [all] Error 2

at config.log there were several errors :
conftest.c:16: error: 'choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:16: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:16: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:16: error: expected ';' before 'me'
conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c:55:27: error: libelf/libelf.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c:55:25: error: libelf/gelf.h: No such file or directory

Before running make I installed libelf (apt-file search libelf then install what is searched). I couldn't find anything on ac_nonexistent
After some googling I found the problem mey be the absence of MPFR, GMP and MPC  libraries, however I installed them before running make.

So what should I do?
_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users
Gedare Bloom | 1 Nov 17:25 2010
Picon

Re: gcc-4.5.1 make all problem

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Eugene Shvets <lhj7362@...> wrote:
>  Hi ,
> I have problems compiling gcc-4.5.1. I decompressed
>
> gcc-4.5.1.tar.gz,  gcc-core-4.5.1.tar.gz,
> gcc-g++-4.5.1.tar.gz,  gcc-objc-4.5.1.tar.gz
>
>
> files, patched with gcc-core-4.5.1-rtems4.11-20100818.diff
> Then executed
>
> ../gcc-4.3.2/configure --target=bfin-rtems4.11 \
>    --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
>    --enable-threads --enable-languages="c,c++" \
>    --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
>
> command.
>
> make all failed like this:
>
> checking for bfin-rtems4.10-gcc...
> /home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/./gcc/ -nostdinc
> -B/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/newlib/ -isystem
> /home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/newlib/targ-include -isystem
> /home/leednee/rtems/tools/gcc-4.5.1/newlib/libc/include
> -B/opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/bin/ -B/opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/lib/
> -isystem /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/include -isystem
> /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/sys-include
> checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
> `/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/libgcc':
> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
It looks like you are configuring for rtems4.11, but compiling for rtems-4.10.

> at config.log there were several errors :
> conftest.c:16: error: 'choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
> conftest.c:16: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> conftest.c:16: error: for each function it appears in.)
> conftest.c:16: error: expected ';' before 'me'
> conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
> conftest.c:55:27: error: libelf/libelf.h: No such file or directory
> conftest.c:55:25: error: libelf/gelf.h: No such file or directory
>
> Before running make I installed libelf (apt-file search libelf then install
> what is searched). I couldn't find anything on ac_nonexistent
> After some googling I found the problem mey be the absence of MPFR, GMP and
> MPC  libraries, however I installed them before running make.
>
> So what should I do?
>
> _______________________________________________
> rtems-users mailing list
> rtems-users@...
> http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users
>
>

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

Joel Sherrill | 1 Nov 17:32 2010

Re: gcc-4.5.1 make all problem

  On 11/01/2010 11:25 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Eugene Shvets<lhj7362@...>  wrote:
>>   Hi ,
>> I have problems compiling gcc-4.5.1. I decompressed
>>
>> gcc-4.5.1.tar.gz,  gcc-core-4.5.1.tar.gz,
>> gcc-g++-4.5.1.tar.gz,  gcc-objc-4.5.1.tar.gz
>>
You don't need the objc
>> files, patched with gcc-core-4.5.1-rtems4.11-20100818.diff
>> Then executed
>>
>> ../gcc-4.3.2/configure --target=bfin-rtems4.11 \
>>     --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
>>     --enable-threads --enable-languages="c,c++" \
>>     --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
>>
4.3.2?  And using the 4.5.1 patch?
>> command.
>>
>> make all failed like this:
>>
>> checking for bfin-rtems4.10-gcc...
>> /home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/./gcc/xgcc
>> -B/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/./gcc/ -nostdinc
>> -B/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/newlib/ -isystem
>> /home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/newlib/targ-include -isystem
>> /home/leednee/rtems/tools/gcc-4.5.1/newlib/libc/include
>> -B/opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/bin/ -B/opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/lib/
>> -isystem /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/include -isystem
>> /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/sys-include
>> checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
>> `/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc/bfin-rtems4.10/libgcc':
>> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
>> See `config.log' for more details.
>> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/leednee/rtems/tools/b-gcc'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
> It looks like you are configuring for rtems4.11, but compiling for rtems-4.10.
>
I agree.  Looks like the output is from a 4.10 build not a 4.11 one.

You must have a cross assembler in your PATH ahead of the native one.

You don't mention newlib at all.
>> at config.log there were several errors :
>> conftest.c:16: error: 'choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> conftest.c:16: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> conftest.c:16: error: for each function it appears in.)
>> conftest.c:16: error: expected ';' before 'me'
>> conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
>> conftest.c:55:27: error: libelf/libelf.h: No such file or directory
>> conftest.c:55:25: error: libelf/gelf.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> Before running make I installed libelf (apt-file search libelf then install
>> what is searched). I couldn't find anything on ac_nonexistent
>> After some googling I found the problem mey be the absence of MPFR, GMP and
>> MPC  libraries, however I installed them before running make.
>>
>> So what should I do?
>>

>> _______________________________________________
>> rtems-users mailing list
>> rtems-users@...
>> http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> rtems-users mailing list
> rtems-users@...
> http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

--

-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&  Development
joel.sherrill@...        On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

Ralf Corsepius | 1 Nov 17:41 2010

Re: gcc-4.5.1 make all problem

On 11/01/2010 04:19 PM, Eugene Shvets wrote:
>   Hi ,
> I have problems compiling gcc-4.5.1. I decompressed
>
> gcc-4.5.1.tar.gz,  gcc-core-4.5.1.tar.gz,
> gcc-g++-4.5.1.tar.gz,  gcc-objc-4.5.1.tar.gz
>
>
> files, patched with gcc-core-4.5.1-rtems4.11-20100818.diff
> Then executed
>
> ../gcc-4.3.2/configure --target=bfin-rtems4.11 \
>     --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
>     --enable-threads --enable-languages="c,c++" \
>     --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
Above you say to be using gcc-4.5.1, what you write here indicates you 
to be using gcc-4.3.2's. This doesn't fit.

> So what should I do?
Use the precompiled rpms.

Ralf
_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

Eugene Shvets | 1 Nov 18:41 2010
Picon

gcc-4.5.1 make all problem

 I am sorry, was writing in a hurry .
Incosistency with gcc version is caused by me copypasting the command from manual. In fact I executed

../gcc-4.5.1/configure --target=bfin-rtems4.11 \
   --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
   --enable-threads --enable-languages="c,c++" \
   --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
command.

I also tried both --target=bfin-rtems4.11 and --target=bfin-rtems4.10 (switching --prefix accordingly). The output was exactly the same(except for version 4.11/4.10), I posted the result for 4.10.
I also did create a symbolic link to newlib directory.
I wont have access to the computer I was using before tomorrow. I'll post autoconf\automake version tomorrow.

Could you please clarify what "You must have a cross assembler in your PATH ahead of the native one." means?

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users
Ralf Corsepius | 1 Nov 18:53 2010

Re: gcc-4.5.1 make all problem

On 11/01/2010 06:41 PM, Eugene Shvets wrote:
>   I am sorry, was writing in a hurry .
> Incosistency with gcc version is caused by me copypasting the command from
> manual. In fact I executed
>
> ../gcc-4.5.1/configure --target=bfin-rtems4.11 \
>     --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
>     --enable-threads --enable-languages="c,c++" \
>     --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
> command.
>
> I also tried both --target=bfin-rtems4.11 and --target=bfin-rtems4.10
> (switching --prefix accordingly). The output was exactly the same(except for
> version 4.11/4.10), I posted the result for 4.10.
> I also did create a symbolic link to newlib directory.
> I wont have access to the computer I was using before tomorrow. I'll post
> autoconf\automake version tomorrow.
>
> Could you please clarify what "You must have a cross assembler in your PATH
> ahead of the native one." means?

You need to build and install binutils for --target=bfin-rtems4.10 rsp. 
bfin-rtems4.10 before building gcc and to prepend the directory they 
have been installed to to $PATH.

Also, you still haven't explained why you are trying to build the tools.

The binrary rpms _do work_ even under Debian/Ubuntu.

Ralf

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

Oyake, Amalaye (3424 | 1 Nov 23:24 2010
Picon
Picon

What socket protocol/address families are supported ?


Hello,

what protocol/address families does the RTEMS BSD Socket API support (beyond
the generic AF_INET)?

Does it support support all the ones that Linux supports (seen below)?

       Name                Purpose                          Man page
       AF_UNIX, AF_LOCAL   Local communication              unix(7)
       AF_INET             IPv4 Internet protocols          ip(7)
       AF_INET6            IPv6 Internet protocols          ipv6(7)
       AF_IPX              IPX - Novell protocols
       AF_NETLINK          Kernel user interface device     netlink(7)
       AF_X25              ITU-T X.25 / ISO-8208 protocol   x25(7)
       AF_AX25             Amateur radio AX.25 protocol
       AF_ATMPVC           Access to raw ATM PVCs
       AF_APPLETALK        Appletalk                        ddp(7)
       AF_PACKET           Low level packet interface       packet(7)

Regards,
* Amalaye Oyake                                    *
* Flight Software Applications & Data Product Mgmt */\
* 818.393.7168 work   626.399.1707 cell            *||
* Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena  CA 91109   */||\
--

-- 

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

Eric Norum | 1 Nov 23:32 2010

Re: What socket protocol/address families are supported ?

On Nov 1, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Oyake, Amalaye (3424) wrote:

> 
> Hello,
> 
> what protocol/address families does the RTEMS BSD Socket API support (beyond
> the generic AF_INET)?
> 
None, I believe.

> Does it support support all the ones that Linux supports (seen below)?
> 
>       Name                Purpose                          Man page
>       AF_UNIX, AF_LOCAL   Local communication              unix(7)
>       AF_INET             IPv4 Internet protocols          ip(7)
>       AF_INET6            IPv6 Internet protocols          ipv6(7)
>       AF_IPX              IPX - Novell protocols
>       AF_NETLINK          Kernel user interface device     netlink(7)
>       AF_X25              ITU-T X.25 / ISO-8208 protocol   x25(7)
>       AF_AX25             Amateur radio AX.25 protocol
>       AF_ATMPVC           Access to raw ATM PVCs
>       AF_APPLETALK        Appletalk                        ddp(7)
>       AF_PACKET           Low level packet interface       packet(7)
> 
> Regards,
> * Amalaye Oyake                                    *
> * Flight Software Applications & Data Product Mgmt */\
> * 818.393.7168 work   626.399.1707 cell            *||
> * Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena  CA 91109   */||\
> -- 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> rtems-users mailing list
> rtems-users@...
> http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

--

-- 
Eric Norum
wenorum@...

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users

Joel Sherrill | 1 Nov 23:36 2010

Re: What socket protocol/address families are supported ?

  On 11/01/2010 05:24 PM, Oyake, Amalaye (3424) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what protocol/address families does the RTEMS BSD Socket API support (beyond
> the generic AF_INET)?
I am pretty sure AF_UNIX and AF_LOCAL are supported.  I believe
that the others are not.

If this is an issue, it is just one more reason to upgrade the network
stack to a more recent version and pick up more of the infrastructure
this time.  The network stack upgrade is a project that really needs
some sponsorship.
> Does it support support all the ones that Linux supports (seen below)?
>
>         Name                Purpose                          Man page
>         AF_UNIX, AF_LOCAL   Local communication              unix(7)
>         AF_INET             IPv4 Internet protocols          ip(7)
>         AF_INET6            IPv6 Internet protocols          ipv6(7)
>         AF_IPX              IPX - Novell protocols
>         AF_NETLINK          Kernel user interface device     netlink(7)
>         AF_X25              ITU-T X.25 / ISO-8208 protocol   x25(7)
>         AF_AX25             Amateur radio AX.25 protocol
>         AF_ATMPVC           Access to raw ATM PVCs
>         AF_APPLETALK        Appletalk                        ddp(7)
>         AF_PACKET           Low level packet interface       packet(7)
>
> Regards,
> * Amalaye Oyake                                    *
> * Flight Software Applications&  Data Product Mgmt */\
> * 818.393.7168 work   626.399.1707 cell            *||
> * Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena  CA 91109   */||\

--

-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&  Development
joel.sherrill@...        On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

_______________________________________________
rtems-users mailing list
rtems-users@...
http://www.rtems.org/mailman/listinfo/rtems-users


Gmane