Sam Lin | 3 Nov 04:28 2012
Picon

Jabref PBI outdated

Hi PCBSD fellows,

Just noted that the latest print/jabref on freshports is 2.8 whereas on AppCafe it's still 2.6, which appears never updated since I created the PBI module for this reference manager previously. What could be the reason why this pbi is not updated on the pbibuild server??

Regards,
Sam
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Bridger Dyson-Smith | 4 Nov 00:11 2012
Picon

Re: Jabref PBI outdated

I think the pbibuild servers are used to help build new releases -- maybe this is a sign that RC3 is on its way? :)


Bridger



On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Sam Lin <semin2006-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Hi PCBSD fellows,

Just noted that the latest print/jabref on freshports is 2.8 whereas on AppCafe it's still 2.6, which appears never updated since I created the PBI module for this reference manager previously. What could be the reason why this pbi is not updated on the pbibuild server??

Regards,
Sam

_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev


_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Sam Lin | 4 Nov 00:48 2012
Picon

Re: Jabref PBI outdated

I have just checked the release history for Jabref (http://jabref.sourceforge.net); the latest release is 2.8.1 on Jul 4th 2012 (or 2.9 Beta on Oct 24th 2012) whereas 2.6 was released way back to Apr 4th 2010 which is more than 2.5 years ago. This is why I thought it's weird as it shouldn't have taken the pbibuild servers this long to build new releases.

But now I checked the commit history for this port on freshport (http://www.freshports.org/print/jabref/) and realised that this port hasn't had maintainer for ages until recently - the port updated from 2.6 to 2.6.1 on Oct 1st 2012 and then jump straight to 2.8.1 on Oct 25th 2012. So I guess this shall be reflected on AppCafe in the near future once the pbibuild servers have done their works for the new release. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Sam

On 4 November 2012 12:11, Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I think the pbibuild servers are used to help build new releases -- maybe this is a sign that RC3 is on its way? :)

Bridger



On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Sam Lin <semin2006-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Hi PCBSD fellows,

Just noted that the latest print/jabref on freshports is 2.8 whereas on AppCafe it's still 2.6, which appears never updated since I created the PBI module for this reference manager previously. What could be the reason why this pbi is not updated on the pbibuild server??

Regards,
Sam

_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev <at> lists.pcbsd.org
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev



_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Ken Moore | 5 Nov 14:58 2012

Re: Jabref PBI outdated

Yes, the PBI will get rebuilt here soon. Just need to wait for the build servers to get started again after the RC3 images are finished building... :-)

On 11/03/2012 19:48, Sam Lin wrote:
I have just checked the release history for Jabref (http://jabref.sourceforge.net); the latest release is 2.8.1 on Jul 4th 2012 (or 2.9 Beta on Oct 24th 2012) whereas 2.6 was released way back to Apr 4th 2010 which is more than 2.5 years ago. This is why I thought it's weird as it shouldn't have taken the pbibuild servers this long to build new releases.

But now I checked the commit history for this port on freshport (http://www.freshports.org/print/jabref/) and realised that this port hasn't had maintainer for ages until recently - the port updated from 2.6 to 2.6.1 on Oct 1st 2012 and then jump straight to 2.8.1 on Oct 25th 2012. So I guess this shall be reflected on AppCafe in the near future once the pbibuild servers have done their works for the new release. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Sam

On 4 November 2012 12:11, Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I think the pbibuild servers are used to help build new releases -- maybe this is a sign that RC3 is on its way? :)

Bridger



On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Sam Lin <semin2006-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Hi PCBSD fellows,

Just noted that the latest print/jabref on freshports is 2.8 whereas on AppCafe it's still 2.6, which appears never updated since I created the PBI module for this reference manager previously. What could be the reason why this pbi is not updated on the pbibuild server??

Regards,
Sam

_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev





_______________________________________________ Pbi-dev mailing list Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev

-- ~~ Ken Moore ~~ PC-BSD/iXsystems
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Ken Moore | 7 Nov 19:28 2012

Re: submission update to audacity

On 10/31/2012 19:29, unix_lists-362TJNa6IEM@public.gmane.org wrote:
This updates audacity to 2.0.2

_______________________________________________ Pbi-dev mailing list Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev

Sorry about the wait! This message got lost in my inbox....

It looks like there are no discernible changes in the module you send in compared to out current module for audio/audacity except that you don't have the extra installation scripts (which I am cleaning up at the moment).

In general, a PBI module should be valid for all versions of the designated program without any modifications. The only time a module does need to be "updated" to build the newest version is generally when the FreeBSD port actually changed to a different name, or there is something in the module that specifically defines or relies on a particular program version (through installation scripts and such).

You can look through our current modules at http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbi/modules if you want to check for program version limitations.

Thanks anyway!

-- ~~ Ken Moore ~~ PC-BSD/iXsystems
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Stephan Lichtenauer | 27 Nov 16:06 2012
Picon

New PBI: Unison

Dear list,

I have created a new PBI for net/unison; configuration is attached to this email, maybe it could be added to the build server?

As this is my first PBI, please let me know if I have done something awfully wrong.

Best regards

Stephan
Attachment (unison.tar.gz): application/x-compressed-tar, 1712 bytes
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Ken Moore | 27 Nov 18:07 2012

Re: New PBI: Unison

On 11/27/2012 10:06, Stephan Lichtenauer wrote:
Dear list,

I have created a new PBI for net/unison; configuration is attached to this email, maybe it could be added to the build server?

As this is my first PBI, please let me know if I have done something awfully wrong.

Best regards

Stephan

_______________________________________________ Pbi-dev mailing list Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev

I just looked your module over and added it to the build server. The only change I made was to resize the icon to 64x64, but everything else looked good.

Thanks for sending it in!
-- ~~Ken Moore~~ PC-BSD/iXsystems
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
nemysis | 30 Nov 23:20 2012
Picon
Picon

Re: PBI submissions GPA, GNU Privacy Assistant

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:39:12 -0400
Ken Moore <ken@...> wrote:

> On 10/24/2012 13:15, Ken Moore wrote:
> > On 10/22/2012 17:49, nemysis wrote:
> >> GPA, GNU Privacy Assistant
> >>
> >> The GNU Privacy Assistant (GPA) is a graphical user interface for GnuPG
> >>
> >> The GNU Privacy Assistant is a graphical frontend to GnuPG and may be used to manage the keys and
encrypt/decrypt/sign/check files. It is much like Seahorse.
> >>
> >> http://www.gnupg.org/related_software/gpa/
> >>
> >> http://gpa.wald.intevation.org
> >>
> >> security/gpa
> >>
> >> Only needed is what is Makefile for GPA
> >>
> >> requires gpgsm. (Re)Install security/gnupg with the GPGSM option ON, then rebuild security/gpgme if installed
> >>
> >> Also need some scripting, and i don't knew how to make this for this PBI modul, sorry.
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Pbi-dev mailing list
> >> Pbi-dev@...
> >> http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
> >
> > I just added this module to the build server. Thanks for sending it in!
> >
> > I will also take a look at making the changes you mention as well. My 
> > initial thought is that it just needs some options set, but I will try 
> > to get it working for you.
> >
> > -- 
> > ~~ Ken Moore ~~
> > PC-BSD/iXsystems
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Pbi-dev mailing list
> > Pbi-dev@...
> > http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
> 
> Ok, I just fixed up this module.
> I just needed to set the build option "gnupg_SET= GPGSM". This turns on 
> that build option for the gnupg port, so that it will build properly the 
> first time, rather than having to build/rebuild the ports later. I was 
> also able to remove the mkportafter listings for security/gnupg and 
> security/gpgme since they are already listed as runtime dependencies for 
> the security/gpa port.
> 
> If you want to see the updated configuration file, you can view it on 
> trac here[1].
> I hope this helps!
> 
> [1] http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbi/modules/security/gpa
> 

When i start GPA have error please look this image

http://postimage.org/image/ux2w45dah/

but GPA works good.

Thanks,
nemysis
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Ken Moore | 1 Dec 00:07 2012

Re: PBI submissions GPA, GNU Privacy Assistant

On 11/30/2012 17:20, nemysis wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:39:12 -0400 Ken Moore <ken-E1R8x85rdljYtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
On 10/24/2012 13:15, Ken Moore wrote:
On 10/22/2012 17:49, nemysis wrote:
GPA, GNU Privacy Assistant The GNU Privacy Assistant (GPA) is a graphical user interface for GnuPG The GNU Privacy Assistant is a graphical frontend to GnuPG and may be used to manage the keys and encrypt/decrypt/sign/check files. It is much like Seahorse. http://www.gnupg.org/related_software/gpa/ http://gpa.wald.intevation.org security/gpa Only needed is what is Makefile for GPA requires gpgsm. (Re)Install security/gnupg with the GPGSM option ON, then rebuild security/gpgme if installed Also need some scripting, and i don't knew how to make this for this PBI modul, sorry. _______________________________________________ Pbi-dev mailing list Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
I just added this module to the build server. Thanks for sending it in! I will also take a look at making the changes you mention as well. My initial thought is that it just needs some options set, but I will try to get it working for you. -- ~~ Ken Moore ~~ PC-BSD/iXsystems _______________________________________________ Pbi-dev mailing list Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Ok, I just fixed up this module. I just needed to set the build option "gnupg_SET= GPGSM". This turns on that build option for the gnupg port, so that it will build properly the first time, rather than having to build/rebuild the ports later. I was also able to remove the mkportafter listings for security/gnupg and security/gpgme since they are already listed as runtime dependencies for the security/gpa port. If you want to see the updated configuration file, you can view it on trac here[1]. I hope this helps! [1] http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbi/modules/security/gpa
When i start GPA have error please look this image http://postimage.org/image/ux2w45dah/ but GPA works good. Thanks, nemysis

_______________________________________________ Pbi-dev mailing list Pbi-dev-Fhbtn2kkCAMmbxgs1yVkuA@public.gmane.org http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev
Thanks  for pointing this out!

It looks like GPA needs to have the gnupg port build with a particular option set before the main program is compiled (there is a note on the security/gpa port). I just put in a fix to make sure that gnupg builds first with the proper option set, so we will see if the issue is fixed when it rebuilds.

Thanks again!

-- ~~Ken Moore~~ PC-BSD/iXsystems
_______________________________________________
Pbi-dev mailing list
Pbi-dev@...
http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/pbi-dev

Gmane