John Klos | 2 Nov 00:36 2007

lang/php5 problem om m68k

NetBSD 4 from 22-Oct-2007, pkgsrc from two days ago, on a mac68k system:

/bin/sh /usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/libtool --silent 
--preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile cc  -Iext/standard/ 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/ext/standard/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/include 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/main 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4 -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/ext/date/lib 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/TSRM 
-I/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/Zend  -I/usr/local/include 
-I/usr/include  -O2 -O2 -m68040 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include  -c 
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.4/ext/standard/filters.c -o 
ext/standard/filters.lo
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s:234: Error: value out of range
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s:234: Error: value of -286 too large for field of 1 
bytes at 535
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s:277: Error: value out of range
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s:277: Error: value of -286 too large for field of 1 
bytes at 627
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s:355: Error: value out of range
/var/tmp//ccAJpMGN.s:355: Error: value of -286 too large for field of 1 
bytes at 833
gmake: *** [ext/standard/filters.lo] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5
*** Error code 1
(Continue reading)

Andrew Doran | 28 Nov 22:06 2007
Picon

Re: Test kernels

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 07:27:58PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:

> I have test kernels for the following architectures. These are for changes
> to interrupt handling, and I'll be merging them into -current soon.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. I have put another set of kernels
at the URL below. Any takers?

arm:	cats, iyonix, netwinder, shark
m68k:	hp300, luna68k, mac68k, mvme68k, news68k, next68k
sparc:	sparc, sparc64
ppc:	sandpoint, prep

	http://www.hairylemon.org/~ad/netbsd/softint/

Thanks,
Andrew

Jaime Fournier | 29 Nov 07:10 2007

Next68k works ok. (was Re: Test kernels)

Boots up ok and runs for about an hour on a compile with no issue.

# uname -a
NetBSD  4.99.38 NetBSD 4.99.38 (GENERIC) #1: Wed Nov 28 19:32:35 GMT 2007 
ad <at> spanners.hairylemon.org:/local/home/ad/src/sys/arch/next68k/compile/GENERIC 
next68k

#dmesg
Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,
     2006, 2007
     The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
     The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

NetBSD 4.99.38 (GENERIC) #1: Wed Nov 28 19:32:35 GMT 2007

ad <at> spanners.hairylemon.org:/local/home/ad/src/sys/arch/next68k/compile/G
ENERIC
NeXT/MC68040 CPU+MMU+FPU, 4k on-chip physical I/D caches
total memory = 16376 KB
avail memory = 12300 KB
timecounter: Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
intrmask: 0x2a8800
intrstat: 0x2a8000
mainbus0 (root)
intio0 at mainbus0
esp0 at intio0 addr 0x2114000
zsc0 at intio0 addr 0x3b9000
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0
zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1
(Continue reading)

Martin Husemann | 29 Nov 11:53 2007
Picon

Re: Test kernels

Sparc64 works.

Martin

Izumi Tsutsui | 29 Nov 17:00 2007
Picon

Re: Test kernels

ad <at> NetBSD.org wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. I have put another set of kernels
> at the URL below. Any takers?
> 
> arm:	cats, iyonix, netwinder, shark
> m68k:	hp300, luna68k, mac68k, mvme68k, news68k, next68k
 :
> 	http://www.hairylemon.org/~ad/netbsd/softint/

- shark.bz2 on FUNAI's DNARD works.
  (BTW it's better to put a.out kernel binary for shark)
- news68k.bz2 on NWS-1750 (68030) also works.
- hp300.bz2 on HP 9000/382 (68040) hangs during scsi probe:

---
 :
spc0 at dio0 scode 14 ipl 4: 98265A SCSI, 32-bit DMA, SCSI ID 7
scsibus0 at spc0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
le0 at dio0 scode 21 ipl 5: address 08:00:09:18:d8:d2
le0: 8 receive buffers, 2 transmit buffers
WARNING: select code size unknown for id = 0x39 secid = 0x10
device id = 0x39 secid = 0x10 at dio0 scode 132 ipl 3 not configured
WARNING: select code size unknown for id = 0x39 secid = 0x10
device id = 0x39 secid = 0x10 at dio0 scode 133 ipl 3 not configured
nhpib3 at dio0 scode 134 ipl 3: 98624A HP-IB
hpibbus3 at nhpib3
nhpib4 at dio0 scode 135 ipl 3: 98624A HP-IB
hpibbus4 at nhpib4
interrupt levels: vm = 3
(Continue reading)

Michael L. Hitch | 29 Nov 23:02 2007

Re: Test kernels


On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Andrew Doran wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. I have put another set of kernels
> at the URL below. Any takers?
>
> arm:	cats, iyonix, netwinder, shark
> m68k:	hp300, luna68k, mac68k, mvme68k, news68k, next68k
> sparc:	sparc, sparc64
> ppc:	sandpoint, prep
>
> 	http://www.hairylemon.org/~ad/netbsd/softint/

  What about an amiga kernel?  I just built a kernel from Nov 15 sources
to see if it would boot (prior to updating the tree), and it appears to
have died while processing a softintr.

Mike

Andrew Doran | 30 Nov 00:31 2007
Picon

Re: Test kernels

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:02:51PM -0700, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Andrew Doran wrote:
> 
> > Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. I have put another set of kernels
> > at the URL below. Any takers?
> >
> > arm:	cats, iyonix, netwinder, shark
> > m68k:	hp300, luna68k, mac68k, mvme68k, news68k, next68k
> > sparc:	sparc, sparc64
> > ppc:	sandpoint, prep
> >
> > 	http://www.hairylemon.org/~ad/netbsd/softint/
> 
>   What about an amiga kernel?  I just built a kernel from Nov 15 sources
> to see if it would boot (prior to updating the tree), and it appears to
> have died while processing a softintr.

I haven't gotten that far yet:

	http://www.hairylemon.org/~ad/netbsd/softint/STATUS.txt

Tomorrow :-)

Thanks,
Andrew

Izumi Tsutsui | 30 Nov 12:31 2007
Picon

Re: Test kernels

ad <at> NetBSD.org wrote:

> >   What about an amiga kernel?  I just built a kernel from Nov 15 sources
> > to see if it would boot (prior to updating the tree), and it appears to
> > have died while processing a softintr.

Maybe it's "loginit() calls softint_establish() before softint_init()"
problem, reported by kiyohara <at>  recently.
(though I'm not sure about amiga's implementation)

> 	http://www.hairylemon.org/~ad/netbsd/softint/STATUS.txt

How about sun2 and sun3?
(I know they have own hardware supports for softintr)
---
Izumi Tsutsui

Michael L. Hitch | 30 Nov 18:41 2007

Re: Test kernels


On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> ad <at> NetBSD.org wrote:
>
> > >   What about an amiga kernel?  I just built a kernel from Nov 15 sources
> > > to see if it would boot (prior to updating the tree), and it appears to
> > > have died while processing a softintr.
>
> Maybe it's "loginit() calls softint_establish() before softint_init()"
> problem, reported by kiyohara <at>  recently.
> (though I'm not sure about amiga's implementation)

  It doesn't occur until I exit single-user.  It appears to be crashing in
callout_softclock() with a call to a NULL function pointer.  I haven't
spent much time debugging it further yet.

Mike


Gmane