DataZap | 11 Jul 06:35 2007
Picon

source tree build fails

Hi,

I tried to build the NetBSD 4 source tree on my 2000 (blizzard 2060 and
128 megs of ram).

Here is the error I get:

#   compile  libc/fdopen.ln
CC=/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc
/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-lint -chapbxzFS
-X 272 -d /usr/src/destdir.amiga/usr/include  -D_LIBC -DLIBC_SCCS
-DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D_REENTRANT -DHESIOD -DINET6 -DNLS -DYP
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -I/usr/src/lib/libc -I/usr/src/sys
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/compat/stdlib -I/usr/src/lib/libc/compat/../stdlib
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/../../common/lib/libc/quad
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/../../common/lib/libc/string
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/../../common/lib/libc/arch/m68k/string
-D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DI18NMODULE_MAJOR=4 -DCITRUS
-I/usr/src/libexec/ld.elf_so -I/usr/src/lib/libc/dlfcn
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/gdtoa -DNO_FENV_H -I/usr/src/lib/libc/arch/m68k/gdtoa
-DCITRUS_ICONV -DWITH_RUNE -I/usr/src/lib/libc -DPOSIX_MISTAKE
-DCOMPAT__RES -DPORTMAP -DALL_STATE -DUSG_COMPAT    -i
/usr/src/lib/libc/stdio/fdopen.c
nbmake in realloc(): error: brk(2) failed [internal error]
[1]   Abort trap (core dumped) /usr/src/tooldir...

*** Failed target:  dependall
*** Failed command: cd /usr/src/lib/libc;
/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/nbmake realall
*** Error code 134
(Continue reading)

Ignatios Souvatzis | 11 Jul 09:12 2007
Picon

Re: source tree build fails

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:35:50PM -0700, DataZap wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I tried to build the NetBSD 4 source tree on my 2000 (blizzard 2060 and
> 128 megs of ram).
> 
> Here is the error I get:
> 
> #   compile  libc/fdopen.ln
> CC=/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc
> /usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-lint -chapbxzFS
> -X 272 -d /usr/src/destdir.amiga/usr/include  -D_LIBC -DLIBC_SCCS
> -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D_REENTRANT -DHESIOD -DINET6 -DNLS -DYP
> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -I/usr/src/lib/libc -I/usr/src/sys
> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/compat/stdlib -I/usr/src/lib/libc/compat/../stdlib
> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../../common/lib/libc/quad
> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../../common/lib/libc/string
> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../../common/lib/libc/arch/m68k/string
> -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DI18NMODULE_MAJOR=4 -DCITRUS
> -I/usr/src/libexec/ld.elf_so -I/usr/src/lib/libc/dlfcn
> -I/usr/src/lib/libc/gdtoa -DNO_FENV_H -I/usr/src/lib/libc/arch/m68k/gdtoa
> -DCITRUS_ICONV -DWITH_RUNE -I/usr/src/lib/libc -DPOSIX_MISTAKE
> -DCOMPAT__RES -DPORTMAP -DALL_STATE -DUSG_COMPAT    -i
> /usr/src/lib/libc/stdio/fdopen.c
> nbmake in realloc(): error: brk(2) failed [internal error]

Hm...

I'm not sure, just guessing, but: this sounds like gcc needs more virtual
memory. Try to ulimit -d to a higher value before starting the build. 
(Continue reading)

Howard Phillips Lovecraft | 11 Jul 15:41 2007
Picon

NetBSD 3.1 Installation

Hi to all!

I`ve been using NetBSD on AMiGA since v1.6, and now I`ve encountered 
problems trying to install the v3.1.
My h/w setup is an A4000 with CSPPC 060 <at> 50/604e <at> 150, 128+16MB Fast/2MB Chip 
RAM, IDE (mobo) 2,1GB Seagate HD & LG CDRW Drive, SCSI (CS-UW3) 4GB Fujitsu 
HD, Video CV-3D & scandoubler, Eth X-Surf, ALGOR-USB.

The problem now: The scsi drive was added recently, my previews 
installations were on the mobo IDE drive (wd0a), and the CDROM was 
recognized as well.
I`ve added the SCSI HD, I partitioned the disk and I tried to do a clean 3.1 
installation using the miniroot.fs (dumped to the swap partition -sd0b- 
using the xstreamtodev utility). When the kernel boots the CDROM is not 
recognized, while the 2 HDs are ok (wd0 & sd0 for IDE and SCSI 
respectively).
I select the Kb, select install, proceed with installation (Y), and the 
screen is flooded with the following message:

sd0(cbiiisc0:0:0:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x2a 00 00 4d 00 hex 00 00 hex 
00 {where hex, various numbers on each repeated line, e.g. d8/30/10/78}
     SENSE KEY: Aborted Command
      ASC/ASCQ: AS 0x47 ASCQ 0xa1

This message is repeaded various times, and floods the screen, not 
permitting the installation messages to be read.
If I continue fastly selecting the installation options, at editing the 
fstab, I select NO (I cannot edit while the screen is flooded), and I get 
the "/install: cannot open /tmp/fstab: no such file" error.

(Continue reading)

Havard Eidnes | 16 Jul 13:38 2007
Picon

COMPAT options in INSTALL kernels?

Hi,

I see I didn't completely manage to fix the build problem caused
by COMPAT_AOUT_M68K now having grown a dependency on COMPAT_40.

A closer look brings up the question whether there is a good
reason why INSTALL kernels should retain these compat options:

options         EXEC_AOUT       # 32-bit aout executables (NetBSD-1.5.x)
options         COMPAT_AOUT_M68K # actually make some system calls work.
options         COMPAT_BSDPTY   # /dev/[pt]ty?? ptys.

If not, I'll move the "')m4_dnl" construct started by
m4_ifdef(`INSTALL_CONFIGURATION' ... a few lines down to also
cover these option lines.

Best regards,

- HÃ¥vard

DataZap | 18 Jul 07:01 2007
Picon

SOLVED Re: source tree build fails

Hi,

Well, even though it is not complete done, it has made it past the part
where I had a problem. I think that I created this problem for myself when
I did the install. I used the /dev from 1.5. Then I forgot to run
./MAKEDEV all for 4.0. I unlimited it. It has been compiling for like 2
days. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it should take with
a 68060?

Thanks,
Al

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:12:01 +0200
> From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is <at> netbsd.org>
> To: port-amiga <at> netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: source tree build fails
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:35:50PM -0700, DataZap wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to build the NetBSD 4 source tree on my 2000 (blizzard 2060 and
> > 128 megs of ram).
> >
> > Here is the error I get:
> >
> > #   compile  libc/fdopen.ln
> > CC=/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc
> > /usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-4.0_BETA2-m68k/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-lint -chapbxzFS
(Continue reading)

John Klos | 18 Jul 07:05 2007

Re: SOLVED Re: source tree build fails

> Well, even though it is not complete done, it has made it past the part
> where I had a problem. I think that I created this problem for myself when
> I did the install. I used the /dev from 1.5. Then I forgot to run
> ./MAKEDEV all for 4.0. I unlimited it. It has been compiling for like 2
> days. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it should take with
> a 68060?

About four days. And I do remember reminding you about running MAKEDEV...

Glad to hear it's working!


Gmane