Tim & Alethea Larson | 9 Feb 23:54 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?

Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> pkgsrc/www/firefox/Makefile.common has: 
> 
> # NetBSD-*-m68k builds, but "regchrome" dumps core.
> NOT_FOR_PLATFORM=       NetBSD-1.4.*-* NetBSD-*-m68k
> 
> but Firefox 1.5 doesn't have regchrome anymore.  I don't have any m68k
> hardware -- could anyone here please test whether it builds+runs now?  
> 
> (Please CC me any replies, I'm not subscribed to this list.)

I've been building prereqs on my way to trying this.  We'll find out 
what happens fairly soon, I hope.  :)  The Amiga folks could probably 
have it built (68060!) before I could, though.

Tim

--

-- 
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org

Anders Lindgren | 10 Feb 00:41 2006
Picon
Picon
Picon

netbsd-3-0 build failure

I am trying to crossbuild a fresh checkout of netbsd-3-0 on my 
amd64/3.0_BETA box. IIRC the same applies to -current.

-------------8<-----------------8<------------------
#   compile  GENERIC/if_x25subr.o
/usr/build/tools.amiga/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc -pipe -m68060 -Wa,-m68030 
-Wa,-m68851 -msoft-float -ffreestanding
-pipe -Werror -Wall -Wno-main -Wno-format-zero-length -Wpointer-arith 
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare 
-fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -Damiga -DFPCOPROC -I. -I/usr/src/sys/arch 
-I/usr/src/sys -nostdinc
-DDRACO -DM68060 -DM68040 -DM68030 -DM68020 -DLKM -DMAXUSERS=8 -D_KERNEL 
-D_KERNEL_OPT -I/usr/src/sys/dist/ipf -c 
/usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c
/usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c: In function `x25_ifinput':
/usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c:218: error: inconsistent operand 
constraints in an `asm'

*** Failed target:  if_x25subr.o
*** Failed command: echo '# ' "compile GENERIC/if_x25subr.o"; echo 
/usr/build/tools.amiga/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc -pipe -m68060 -Wa,-m68030 
-Wa,-m68851 -msoft-float -ffreestanding -pipe -Werror -Wall -Wno-main 
-Wno-format-zero-length -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -Damiga 
-DFPCOPROC -I. -I/usr/src/sys/arch -I/usr/src/sys -nostdinc -DDRACO 
-DM68060 -DM68040 -DM68030 -DM68020 -DLKM -DMAXUSERS=8 -D_KERNEL 
-D_KERNEL_OPT -I/usr/src/sys/dist/ipf -c 
/usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c; 
/usr/build/tools.amiga/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc -pipe -m68060 -Wa,-m68030 
-Wa,-m68851 -msoft-float -ffreestanding -pipe -Werror -Wall -Wno-main 
(Continue reading)

John Klos | 11 Feb 21:11 2006

Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?

>> Are you running NetBSD 2 or NetBSD 3? I'm giving this a try on my NetBSD 3 
>> m68k bulk build box; we'll see what happens.
>
> I build on my Q840 running 2.1.

netbsd-2 used to have a problem where the kernel's memory usage would grow 
and grow until the machine paniced - many people didn't notice, but when 
you have either colocated machines which are in constant use with 
typically 1/2 a year of uptime, or when you have bulk build machines, it's 
pretty obvious. Is that problem still around?

On netbsd-3, I see this problem:

mkdir .libs
  cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS -pthread 
-I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/include/glib/glib-2.0 
-I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/lib/glib-2.0/include 
-I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/include -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED 
-DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DPREFIX=\"/usr/pkg\" -DGLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY 
-I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/include/freetype2 
-I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.x11-buildlink/include -O2 -pthread -Wall 
-MT pixops.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/pixops.Tpo -c pixops.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o 
.libs/pixops.o
pixops.c: In function `linear_box_half':
pixops.c:1325: error: unrecognizable insn:
(insn 144 125 62 6 0x0 (set (reg:DF 16 %fp0)
         (const_double:DF 0 [0x0] 0.0 [0x0.0p+0])) -1 (nil)
     (nil))
pixops.c:1325: internal compiler error: in extract_insn, at recog.c:2175
Please submit a full bug report,
(Continue reading)

Tim & Alethea Larson | 11 Feb 21:58 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?

John Klos wrote:
>> I build on my Q840 running 2.1.
> 
> netbsd-2 used to have a problem where the kernel's memory usage would 
> grow and grow until the machine paniced - many people didn't notice, but 
> when you have either colocated machines which are in constant use with 
> typically 1/2 a year of uptime, or when you have bulk build machines, 
> it's pretty obvious. Is that problem still around?

How could I monitor this?  I've been building fairly steadily and been 
up for 42 days this time.  I know some people had reported problems but 
I haven't experienced any on my (relatively lightly used) machines.

> On netbsd-3, I see this problem:
> 
> mkdir .libs
>  cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS -pthread 
> -I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/include/glib/glib-2.0 
> -I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/lib/glib-2.0/include 
> -I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/include 
> -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED 
> -DPREFIX=\"/usr/pkg\" -DGLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY 
> -I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.buildlink/include/freetype2 
> -I/tmp/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work.reva/.x11-buildlink/include -O2 -pthread 
> -Wall -MT pixops.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/pixops.Tpo -c pixops.c  -fPIC 
> -DPIC -o .libs/pixops.o
> pixops.c: In function `linear_box_half':
> pixops.c:1325: error: unrecognizable insn:
> (insn 144 125 62 6 0x0 (set (reg:DF 16 %fp0)
>         (const_double:DF 0 [0x0] 0.0 [0x0.0p+0])) -1 (nil)
(Continue reading)

John Klos | 11 Feb 23:23 2006

Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?

> How could I monitor this?  I've been building fairly steadily and been up for 
> 42 days this time.  I know some people had reported problems but I haven't 
> experienced any on my (relatively lightly used) machines.

You can look at the "RES" size reported in top for any of the kernel 
tasks, such as ioflush or reaper. On an Amiga running NetBSD 1.6.2 with 
256 megs of memory, usage never exceeds 50 megs or so. On a NetBSD 3 
machine with 128 megs, it hovers around 20-30 megs.

>> On netbsd-3, I see this problem:

> I have not been able to get gtk2 to compile, but cannot remember the exact 
> error.  The "pixops" does sound vaguely familiar though, and I do recall it 
> was reported as an internal compiler error.
>
> Try building the firefox-gtk1 package; that's the one I was working on, since 
> all the prereqs built OK.  I did have to putz with the gdk-pixbuf build - had 
> a missing symlink - but it worked.

That's running now.

I never got any NetBSD 2 packages built because of the kernel memory 
consumption problem, but I have plenty of 1.6.2 and 3 packages which I 
will upload to the NetBSD server sometime soon. I can't upload your NetBSD 
2 packages, but I can host them if you need a space for them.

John

Tim & Alethea Larson | 12 Feb 04:38 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?

John Klos wrote:
>> How could I monitor this?  I've been building fairly steadily and been 
>> up for 42 days this time.  I know some people had reported problems 
>> but I haven't experienced any on my (relatively lightly used) machines.
> 
> You can look at the "RES" size reported in top for any of the kernel 
> tasks, such as ioflush or reaper. On an Amiga running NetBSD 1.6.2 with 
> 256 megs of memory, usage never exceeds 50 megs or so. On a NetBSD 3 
> machine with 128 megs, it hovers around 20-30 megs.

Thanks, I will try to keep an eye on it.

>> Try building the firefox-gtk1 package; that's the one I was working 
>> on, since all the prereqs built OK.  I did have to putz with the 
>> gdk-pixbuf build - had a missing symlink - but it worked.
> 
> That's running now.

Let us know how it turns out.  If it compiles for you, then maybe my 
failure is something specific to the NetBSD 2 issues???

> I never got any NetBSD 2 packages built because of the kernel memory 
> consumption problem, but I have plenty of 1.6.2 and 3 packages which I 

Did anyone pinpoint the source of this problem?  It seemed to just "go 
away" in v3, eh?

Tim

--

-- 
(Continue reading)

Ignatios Souvatzis | 13 Feb 15:15 2006
Picon

Re: netbsd-3-0 build failure

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:41:59AM +0100, Anders Lindgren wrote:
> I am trying to crossbuild a fresh checkout of netbsd-3-0 on my 
> amd64/3.0_BETA box. IIRC the same applies to -current.

Looks to me like a toolchain problem of some sort. The assembler stuff
in question is the _target_ machine's assembler (as you rightly 
assumed) and hasn't changed.

I've built several 3.0 release candidates and releases myself, although
on i386.

	-is
--

-- 
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

Gunther Nikl | 16 Feb 11:18 2006
Picon

Re: netbsd-3-0 build failure

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:41:59AM +0100, Anders Lindgren wrote:
> #   compile  GENERIC/if_x25subr.o
> /usr/build/tools.amiga/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc -pipe -m68060 -Wa,-m68030 
> -Wa,-m68851 -msoft-float -ffreestanding
> -pipe -Werror -Wall -Wno-main -Wno-format-zero-length -Wpointer-arith 
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare 
> -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -Damiga -DFPCOPROC -I. -I/usr/src/sys/arch 
> -I/usr/src/sys -nostdinc
> -DDRACO -DM68060 -DM68040 -DM68030 -DM68020 -DLKM -DMAXUSERS=8 -D_KERNEL 
> -D_KERNEL_OPT -I/usr/src/sys/dist/ipf -c 
> /usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c
> /usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c: In function `x25_ifinput':
> /usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c:218: error: inconsistent operand 
> constraints in an `asm'

[snip]

> ..in /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/include/mtpr.h, meaning the culprit should be 
> in /usr/src/sys/arch/m68k/include/asm_single.h:43:
> 
> #define single_inst_bset_b(var, bit)    \
>         __asm __volatile ("orb %1,%0"   \
>                 : "=m" (var)            \
>                 : "di" ((u_char)bit), "0" (var))
> 
> ..and this is where I stop, since I don't speak m68k assembly. :-)
> 
> Ideas? The file asm_single.h doesn't appear to have changed since at least
> 2005-12-24 according to cvs log...

(Continue reading)

Lars Hecking | 16 Feb 12:03 2006
Picon
Picon

USB support?


 Hi,

 What are the chances of getting USB support on the Amiga? I just laid
 hands on an Algor USB board (http://www.e3b.de/usb/main_algor_e.html),
 and it works nicely under AmigaOS. I'm chiefly interested in 1.6 right
 now, as I can't install 2.1 and 3.0 ...

 Gunther, I know you have asked about this before :).

Ignatios Souvatzis | 16 Feb 12:10 2006
Picon

Re: netbsd-3-0 build failure

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 11:18:00AM +0100, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:41:59AM +0100, Anders Lindgren wrote:
> > #   compile  GENERIC/if_x25subr.o
> > /usr/build/tools.amiga/bin/m68k--netbsdelf-gcc -pipe -m68060 -Wa,-m68030 
> > -Wa,-m68851 -msoft-float -ffreestanding
> > -pipe -Werror -Wall -Wno-main -Wno-format-zero-length -Wpointer-arith 
> > -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare 
> > -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -Damiga -DFPCOPROC -I. -I/usr/src/sys/arch 
> > -I/usr/src/sys -nostdinc
> > -DDRACO -DM68060 -DM68040 -DM68030 -DM68020 -DLKM -DMAXUSERS=8 -D_KERNEL 
> > -D_KERNEL_OPT -I/usr/src/sys/dist/ipf -c 
> > /usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c
> > /usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c: In function `x25_ifinput':
> > /usr/src/sys/netccitt/if_x25subr.c:218: error: inconsistent operand 
> > constraints in an `asm'
> 
> [snip]
> 
> > ..in /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/include/mtpr.h, meaning the culprit should be 
> > in /usr/src/sys/arch/m68k/include/asm_single.h:43:
> > 
> > #define single_inst_bset_b(var, bit)    \
> >         __asm __volatile ("orb %1,%0"   \
> >                 : "=m" (var)            \
> >                 : "di" ((u_char)bit), "0" (var))
> > 
> > ..and this is where I stop, since I don't speak m68k assembly. :-)
> > 
> > Ideas? The file asm_single.h doesn't appear to have changed since at least
> > 2005-12-24 according to cvs log...
(Continue reading)


Gmane