David Young | 1 Feb 07:40 2004
Picon

Re: NetBSD on Compact Flash

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:04:14PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Hello all,
> 
> Roberto (roberto at redix dot it) has kindly made available his ``NetBSD
> on Compact Flash'' documentation to me, and I put it online at
> http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/netbsd-solidstate.html and
> http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/netbsd-solidstate.pdf.
> 
> If somebody would like to look over it and suggest a good place where to
> include it in our website, I'd appreciate it.
> 
> Thanks!

Incidentally, I use the attached rc script to mount memory filesystems and
copy their contents from disk so that I can run NetBSD off of a CD-ROM
or a read-only CompactFlash. It should be pretty easy (almost trivial)
to use it for making "Live" CD-ROMs.

Should I check the script in?

Dave

--

-- 
David Young             OJC Technologies
dyoung <at> ojctech.com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933
#!/bin/sh
#
# $NetBSD$
(Continue reading)

Markus Illenseer | 1 Feb 08:05 2004
Picon

Re: NetBSD on Compact Flash

> Incidentally, I use the attached rc script to mount memory filesystems and
> copy their contents from disk so that I can run NetBSD off of a CD-ROM
> or a read-only CompactFlash. It should be pretty easy (almost trivial)
> to use it for making "Live" CD-ROMs.
>
> Should I check the script in?

 You may, but then again, there is a live cd available already:

ftp://iso.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.6/README.i386live
ftp://iso.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.6/i386live.iso.bz2 (229 MB)

The image contains a build-script to generate a/new live CD.

The whole concept was worked out by Jörg Braun, who also edited the
NetBSD-book, where the CD is made available as companion:
http://www.cul.de/netbsd.html

--
Markus Illenseer

Simas Mockevicius | 1 Feb 09:20 2004
Picon

1.6.2 release

Hi, folks.

....
Modified Files:
src/doc [netbsd-1-6]: CHANGES-1.6.2
src/share/tmac [netbsd-1-6]: doc-common
src/sys/conf [netbsd-1-6]: osrelease.sh

Log Message:
Mark the tree as being 1.6.2.
The netbsd-1-6-PATCH002 and netbsd-1-6-PATCH002-RELEASE tags will be
moved to correspond for these three files momentarily.
....

does it means that we need to hurry in translating announcement? :)

--

-- 
Sincerely,
Simas Mockevicius.

Daniel de Kok | 1 Feb 10:31 2004
Picon

Re: 1.6.2 release

Hello Simas,

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 10:20:00AM +0200, Simas Mockevicius wrote:
> ....
> Modified Files:
> src/doc [netbsd-1-6]: CHANGES-1.6.2
> src/share/tmac [netbsd-1-6]: doc-common
> src/sys/conf [netbsd-1-6]: osrelease.sh
> 
> Log Message:
> Mark the tree as being 1.6.2.
> The netbsd-1-6-PATCH002 and netbsd-1-6-PATCH002-RELEASE tags will be
> moved to correspond for these three files momentarily.
> ....
> 
> does it means that we need to hurry in translating announcement? :)

Yep, but we are still waiting for releng to fill in the last bits
in the announcement, I will ask them when we can expect that.

With kind regards,
Daniel

Daniel de Kok | 1 Feb 20:21 2004
Picon

Re: 1.6.2 release

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 10:31:55AM +0100, Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 10:20:00AM +0200, Simas Mockevicius wrote:
> > ....
> > Modified Files:
> > src/doc [netbsd-1-6]: CHANGES-1.6.2
> > src/share/tmac [netbsd-1-6]: doc-common
> > src/sys/conf [netbsd-1-6]: osrelease.sh
> > 
> > Log Message:
> > Mark the tree as being 1.6.2.
> > The netbsd-1-6-PATCH002 and netbsd-1-6-PATCH002-RELEASE tags will be
> > moved to correspond for these three files momentarily.
> > ....
> > 
> > does it means that we need to hurry in translating announcement? :)
> 
> Yep, but we are still waiting for releng to fill in the last bits
> in the announcement, I will ask them when we can expect that.

This will happen very soon, but you can start translating the latest
draft of the release announcement and add the fill-ins after the RA
is finished. The draft is available via CVS:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/htdocs/Releases/formal-1.6/

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok

Simas Mockevicius | 1 Feb 21:06 2004
Picon

Re: 1.6.2 release

>
> This will happen very soon, but you can start translating the latest
> draft of the release announcement and add the fill-ins after the RA
> is finished. The draft is available via CVS:
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/htdocs/Releases/formal-1.6/
>
> With kind regards,
> Daniel de Kok
Hi, Daniel,

the draft is translated some month ago :) I just waiting for all info to 
send that files.

--

-- 
Sincerely,
Simas Mockevicius.

Jan Schaumann | 2 Feb 05:25 2004
Picon

NetBSD 1.6.2 release announcement translation

Hi,

I just updated the 1.6.2 release announcement draft -- if you could
please check and update your translation, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Jan

--

-- 
You can blame it all on the Internet.
	Larry Wall
Chuck Yerkes | 3 Feb 02:45 2004

Re: NetBSD on Compact Flash

Quoting David Young (dyoung <at> pobox.com):
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:04:14PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > 
> > Roberto (roberto at redix dot it) has kindly made available his ``NetBSD
> > on Compact Flash'' documentation to me, and I put it online at
> > http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/netbsd-solidstate.html and
> > http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/netbsd-solidstate.pdf.
> > 
> > If somebody would like to look over it and suggest a good place where to
> > include it in our website, I'd appreciate it.
> > 
> > Thanks!
> 
> Incidentally, I use the attached rc script to mount memory filesystems and
> copy their contents from disk so that I can run NetBSD off of a CD-ROM
> or a read-only CompactFlash. It should be pretty easy (almost trivial)
> to use it for making "Live" CD-ROMs.
> 
> Should I check the script in?

There's a lot to be said to not putting whole FILE systems
into an MFS, but just parts of it.

I have an /MFS/
which is populated on boot from /MFS.PROTO/  (I use rsync, but pax would do)

sym links from (say) /var/tmp -> /MFS/var.tmp/
Same for /var/run,
Several files in /var/db/
(Continue reading)

roberto | 3 Feb 09:35 2004
Picon

Re: NetBSD on Compact Flash


> Quoting David Young (dyoung <at> pobox.com):
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:04:14PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > Roberto (roberto at redix dot it) has kindly made available his
>> ``NetBSD
>> > on Compact Flash'' documentation to me, and I put it online at
>> > http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/netbsd-solidstate.html and
>> > http://www.netbsd.org/~jschauma/netbsd-solidstate.pdf.
>> >
>> > If somebody would like to look over it and suggest a good place where
>> to
>> > include it in our website, I'd appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Incidentally, I use the attached rc script to mount memory filesystems
>> and
>> copy their contents from disk so that I can run NetBSD off of a CD-ROM
>> or a read-only CompactFlash. It should be pretty easy (almost trivial)
>> to use it for making "Live" CD-ROMs.
>>
>> Should I check the script in?
>
>
> There's a lot to be said to not putting whole FILE systems
> into an MFS, but just parts of it.
>
>
(Continue reading)

Simas Mockevicius | 3 Feb 09:55 2004
Picon

xml

Hi,

link: http://xmlsoft.org/encoding.html

I have readed this stuff, and now I can make from xml html, but symbols in 
the generated html file looks something like that: &#382;
it is not ok, I think, because in the generated html headers charset is 
ISO-8859-1, and I need -13.
maybe someone knows about this something?

--
Sincerely,
Simas Mockevicius.


Gmane