NetBSD source update | 1 Aug 05:18 2010
Picon

daily CVS update output


Updating src tree:
P src/dist/pppd/pppd/ccp.h
P src/distrib/sets/lists/comp/md.amd64
P src/distrib/sets/lists/comp/md.i386
P src/distrib/sets/lists/comp/mi
P src/distrib/sets/lists/tests/mi
P src/doc/CHANGES
P src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/Makefile.common
P src/include/Makefile
U src/include/fenv.h
P src/lib/libc/stdio/vfwprintf.c
P src/lib/libm/Makefile
U src/lib/libm/arch/i387/fenv.c
U src/lib/libm/arch/x86_64/fenv.c
U src/lib/libm/man/feclearexcept.3
U src/lib/libm/man/feenableexcept.3
U src/lib/libm/man/fegetenv.3
U src/lib/libm/man/fegetround.3
U src/lib/libm/man/fenv.3
P src/share/man/man9/Makefile
U src/share/man/man9/module.9
P src/share/mk/bsd.own.mk
P src/sys/arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c
P src/sys/arch/amd64/include/Makefile
U src/sys/arch/amd64/include/fenv.h
P src/sys/arch/hpcarm/conf/WZERO3
P src/sys/arch/i386/include/Makefile
U src/sys/arch/i386/include/fenv.h
P src/sys/arch/i386/include/npx.h
(Continue reading)

KIYOHARA Takashi | 1 Aug 13:52 2010
Picon

Re: marvell relation support 20100413

Hi! all,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara <at> kk.iij4u.or.jp>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:16:16 +0900 (JST)

> Next, I want to be porting Kirkwood and Discovery Innovation with
> several developers.

I put newer patch and tar-file.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/marvell/marvell-20100801.diff
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/marvell/marvell-20100801.tar.gz

+ This doesn't support L2 cache. We should implement L2 cache support
  of NetBSD/arm.

+ SheevaPlug is not supporting gtidmac now.

+ My SheevaPlug doesn't support SATA.  It doesn't permit the access to
  the PHY register.  Therefore, SHEEVAPLUG prohibits mvsata.  ;-)

+ GbE(mvgbe) doesn't work correctly.  I am debugging it now.
  For instance, it responds to ping(1) from the NFS server.  However,
  the NFS server reports on 'bad cksum' for ICMP echo reply.
  (By tcpdump(8))

Marvell>> tftp 2000000 netbsd.gz.ub
Using egiga0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.3.1; our IP address is 192.168.3.100
Filename 'netbsd.gz.ub'.
(Continue reading)

Roy Marples | 1 Aug 19:58 2010

Re: msk dhcpcd tcpdump problem

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 15:51 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> One improvement could be to not drop the old IP address before we got
> a new lease when the link goes down/up quickly.

What would happen if an ethernet cable is swapped very quickly and the
old address conflicts with another node on the new network?

I suppose we could keep the address and when the link comes up
immediately attempt a rebind AND defend it like an IPv4LL address. We
would defend it because some DHCP servers could remain silent due to
their configuration and we need to invalidate it ASAP.

If someone files a PR - or better yet a ticket at
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/newticket then I won't forget to
look into improving this.

Probably after I finish adding some IPv6 solicitation support into
dhcpcd though.

Thanks

Roy

Roy Marples | 1 Aug 19:59 2010

Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 20:10 -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> Yeah, I've done that before in /etc/ifconfig.xx0 files.  In this case, I was trying to use the automagic
dhcpcd startup provided by a:
> 
> ifconfig_xx0="dhcp"

It's better to start dhcpcd via the rc.d script in -current and 5.1
systems.

Thanks

Roy

George Georgalis | 2 Aug 00:57 2010

Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient

On Sun 01 Aug 2010 at 06:59:34 PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
>On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 20:10 -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>> Yeah, I've done that before in /etc/ifconfig.xx0 files.  In this case, I was trying to use the automagic
dhcpcd startup provided by a:
>> 
>> ifconfig_xx0="dhcp"
>
>It's better to start dhcpcd via the rc.d script in -current and 5.1
>systems.

I missed the original post somehow... but I have been very happy
with dhclient=NO in rc.conf and in /etc/ifconfig.xxx

up
!dhclient $int

is there a reason that should not work in -current/5.1?

Malcolm Herbert | 2 Aug 01:41 2010
Picon

multiple DHCP IPs per interface?

slightly off topic, but how would I get dhclient or dhcpcd to request
and manage more than one IP per interface?  

--

-- 
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch <at> mjch.net                                                left blank

GENERAL ADDO ACHEAMPONG | 2 Aug 07:58 2010
Picon

CONSIGNMENT DELIVERY PENDING

From The Desk Of The General
West Africa Diplomatic Office
Delivery Unit
Accra-Ghana.
Tel; 00 233 24-888-5182
Fax: 00 233 021 567643

Attention:

It has come to my notice of your consignment, which has been fully scrutinized and found not to have any
needed certificate of payments left on it, but it is not yet been delivered to you. We in the Presidency are
determined to get rid of fraudulent extortion of monies from people with official antics of documents and
payments, which are not supposed to be.

Once your consignment has been cleared, you need not pay any money to anybody for anything. That is strictly
against the law of fair dealing's am General Addo Acheampong (Rtd), Honourable Special Adviser/Aid to
President John Evans Atta-Mills of Ghana, and the file of this your consignment was brought to my office,
now on my table and your consignment not found wanting in any requirements or payments. I am wondering, why
it has not yet been delivered to you.

I am hereby with this notice requiring that you forward your delivery address to my office direct, so I order
the diplomats to deliver to you directly, and see who will hold back your consignment delivery. You should
also send an identification of yourself too / B: no payment whatsoever is required of you to make to any
officer here, all you need do is to send your delivery address and the diplomat delivers to you direct or you
receive it in their designated point of collection nearest to you.

And the only payment you are going to pay here is to the government diplomats here and there charges to
deliver consignments to America, Canada, Europe and Asia, Australia is $2.500, Three Thousand Five
Hundred Dollars, you will only pay (%10) ten percent of the total sum for delivery of you consignment up
front ($250)and you will pay the balance at the point of delivery.
(Continue reading)

Roy Marples | 2 Aug 03:58 2010

Re: multiple DHCP IPs per interface?

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 09:41 +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> slightly off topic, but how would I get dhclient or dhcpcd to request
> and manage more than one IP per interface?

Generally, you cannot.
Technically you can if you set a unique clientid per alias, which I'm
not sure NetBSD supports.

But lets try another tac - why do you want this?

Thanks

Roy

Roy Marples | 2 Aug 03:59 2010

Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 15:57 -0700, George Georgalis wrote:
> On Sun 01 Aug 2010 at 06:59:34 PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> >On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 20:10 -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> >> Yeah, I've done that before in /etc/ifconfig.xx0 files.  In this case, I was trying to use the automagic
dhcpcd startup provided by a:
> >> 
> >> ifconfig_xx0="dhcp"
> >
> >It's better to start dhcpcd via the rc.d script in -current and 5.1
> >systems.
> 
> I missed the original post somehow... but I have been very happy
> with dhclient=NO in rc.conf and in /etc/ifconfig.xxx
> 
> up
> !dhclient $int
> 
> is there a reason that should not work in -current/5.1?

None what so ever.
But this is about dhcpcd, not dhclient :)

Thanks
Roy

Malcolm Herbert | 2 Aug 05:10 2010
Picon

Re: multiple DHCP IPs per interface?


On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 02:58 +0100, "Roy Marples" <roy <at> marples.name> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 09:41 +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > slightly off topic, but how would I get dhclient or dhcpcd to request
> > and manage more than one IP per interface?
> 
> Generally, you cannot.
> Technically you can if you set a unique clientid per alias, which I'm
> not sure NetBSD supports.
> 
> But lets try another tac - why do you want this?

mainly for dynamic testing purposes - running multiple copies of
application code on the same set of ports but on different IPs ...
rather than create and manage these manually it would be nice to spool
up a new IP as the test environment is built and torn down later ... 

This is something that Solaris does to provision IPs for zones by DHCP
... each zone IP alias has a client id made up of the zone name, as far
as I can tell ... 

--

-- 
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch <at> mjch.net                                                left blank


Gmane