HEADS UP: tip/cu changes
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls <at> rek.tjls.com>
2006-04-02 19:31:17 GMT
I am in the process of replacing our present version of cu (which is
part of Taylor UUCP) with the cu frontend we've always had in usr.bin/tip
but never used. There will be some user-visible changes, most notably:
1) I have changed a number of defaults in tip. In particular, we now
default to 9600bps and 8n1 instead of 1200bps and 7e1 (of course, in
the absence of an /etc/remote file, tip doesn't do anything, so this
change may not be particularly visible).
2) The new version of 'cu' will support many common, but not all, options
from the Taylor 'cu'. In particular, it supports some of the long
options, but not all (in particular, --system is not supported).
3) We no longer use a compiled-in table of speeds. Instead, we will
accept any speed supported by the underlying tty device. Because
some of our serial drivers are buggy in this regard (they will allow
any speed to be set, but some may not work), this may give slightly
surprising results, particularly with USB serial adapters.
4) I have removed support for all dialers except "Hayes". If anyone is
actually using any other dialer I will add it back; let me know.
5) I have turned off support for the ACU log by default; it requires the
executable to be setuid and nobody seems to be using it anyway. If
anyone is actually using it I will consider converting it to use
6) I have added '~+' as an alias for '~C' for Taylor compatibility.
7) I have turned off "raisechar" by default; if anyone is using it, that