David Brownlee | 3 Oct 14:38 2005

Chiswick 5th october evening/UKUUG BSD minicon

     UKUUG minicon:

 	The UKUUG is having a BSD minicon at the spring LISA conf.
 	An opportunity for some NetBSD-advocacy, perhaps ?  pkgsrc,
 	maybe ? http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2006/

 	If replying to this please drop regional-london <at> netbsd.org
 	from the cc list.

     Chiswick 5th october evening:

 	If you're in London and not adverse to meeting other
 	NetBSD users/developers then I'd suggest joining the
 	regional-london <at> netbsd.org list - posts tend to be very
 	infrequent.

 	Beer & food evening for anyone interested...

 	Meeting in the 'George IV' pub in Chiswick around 7pm (Left
 	out of Turnham Green tube, under railway bridge, walk until
 	Chiswick High Road then turn right, cross over and its
 	behind a set of parking spaces).

             http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=521100&y=178470

 	... followed either by steak (apparently the vegiburgers are
 	also quite nice) in the Lone Star restaurant (midway between
 	Turnham Green tube & Chiswick High Road:  has a large Indian
 	in front), or Gormet Burger Kitchen (turn left instead of
 	right at Chiswick High Road, and on the right after a petrol
(Continue reading)

Julian Coleman | 6 Oct 22:37 2005
Picon

Re: Chiswick 5th october evening/UKUUG BSD minicon

>     UKUUG minicon:
> 
> 	The UKUUG is having a BSD minicon at the spring LISA conf.
> 	An opportunity for some NetBSD-advocacy, perhaps ?  pkgsrc,
> 	maybe ? http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2006/

Durham is close to me.  I should be able to help with a stand/bring kit.

J

--

-- 
  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/

Zafer Aydogan | 4 Oct 20:47 2005
Picon

NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card

Hello List,

my Bank offers me the possibility to have my Credit Card with a Motif of my
own choice. I thought about using the NetBSD Flag. Is it allowed in terms of
Licensing to use the NetBSD Flag on the CC or can I use the old Picture with
the little Demons holding the Flag ?

https://produktabschluss.postbank.de/ipvk/motivKarte/start.jsp

Z.

Jeremy C. Reed | 7 Oct 19:23 2005
Picon

BSDA exam objectives released (press release)

BSD Certification Group Publishes BSD Associate Exam Objectives

October 6, 2005 -- The BSD Certification Group announced the
publication of the exam objectives for the BSD Associate (BSDA)
certification exam.  The BSDA certification is designed to be an
entry-level certification on BSD Unix systems administration. This
certification is scheduled to launch in the second quarter of 2006.

The exam objectives are detailed in a Certification Requirements
document which also contains the official description for the BSDA
certification exam, a description of the intended audience, and a
chart of applicable commands and documentation to assist the exam
candidates in their studies.

"Understanding concepts and their realisation is most important in
both education and certifications," said Hubert Feyrer, a member
of the BSD Certification Group. "In this document, we identify
areas where there are differences and similarities for the BSDs,
so common concepts can be learned as well as by what specific
implementations each of the systems achieves their feature standout."

"This document provides resources upon which students, teachers,
and we as a certification group can build BSD training and
certification upon," said Feyrer who has been teaching university
and college classes on system administration and open source for
several years.

The BSDA exam objectives will be made available in several languages
and are available for download from the BSD Certification Group's website.

(Continue reading)

Wouter Schoot | 9 Oct 16:16 2005

Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card

Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> my Bank offers me the possibility to have my Credit Card with a Motif of my
> own choice. I thought about using the NetBSD Flag. Is it allowed in terms of

That's fun!

> Licensing to use the NetBSD Flag on the CC or can I use the old Picture with
> the little Demons holding the Flag ?

http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/disclaimer.html#logo-usage

  Non-commercial use.   The NetBSD Project hereby licenses The NetBSD 
Logo for non-commercial products and non-commercial web sites. 
Acceptable non-commercial use of The NetBSD Logo includes:

     * As a logo to identify NetBSD-related web pages, e.g. if licensee 
is a NetBSD user or NetBSD supporter,
     * As a logo to identify NetBSD-related content in presentations 
given at conferences.

The following use of The NetBSD Logo is not acceptable, and no license 
is granted for such use:

     * Use is unrelated to The NetBSD Foundation, to The NetBSD Project, 
or to the NetBSD operating system,
     * The logo is used in a detrimental way for The NetBSD Foundation.

It's not quite NetBSD related, but I'm not sure. Maybe others have 
opinions on this.

(Continue reading)

Mike Cheponis | 10 Oct 01:18 2005

Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card

The REAL question is:  Can the NetBSD Foundation offer a NetBSD-logoed credit card that would kick back a
small amount to help fund development?

Colleges do this, as do many other institutions.

-Mike

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Wouter Schoot wrote:

> Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 16:16:26 +0200
> From: Wouter Schoot <wouter <at> schoot.org>
> To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer <at> gmx.org>
> Cc: netbsd-advocacy <at> NetBSD.org
> Subject: Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card
> 
> Zafer Aydogan wrote:
>> my Bank offers me the possibility to have my Credit Card with a Motif of my
>> own choice. I thought about using the NetBSD Flag. Is it allowed in terms 
>> of
>
> That's fun!
>
>> Licensing to use the NetBSD Flag on the CC or can I use the old Picture 
>> with
>> the little Demons holding the Flag ?
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/disclaimer.html#logo-usage
>
> Non-commercial use.   The NetBSD Project hereby licenses The NetBSD Logo for 
> non-commercial products and non-commercial web sites. Acceptable 
(Continue reading)

wrzymski | 10 Oct 01:24 2005
Picon

Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card

2005/10/9, Wouter Schoot <wouter <at> schoot.org>:
> Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> It's not quite NetBSD related, but I'm not sure. Maybe others have
> opinions on this.
>
> mvg,
> Wouter

What's the difference between printing logo on someone Credit Card,
T-Shirt, or putting sticker with NetBSD image on Notebook ?

"Non-commercial and personal use of the images is permitted, provided
that it remains unmodified."

#wrz#

Hubert Feyrer | 10 Oct 05:56 2005

Wanted: "Powered by NetBSD" logo


After going over logo uselines with another project recently, I stumbled 
across the NetBSD Logo Usage Guideline[1] tonight. It seems there is a 
"Powered by NetBSD" Logo mentioned, but ... noone has made one yet[2]! Any 
takers? Send them to www <at> , and if you're lucky it may get chosen!
Feel free to bounce copies to netbsd-advocacy <at>  as well, for public
entertainment & discussion.

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/disclaimer.html#logo-usage
[2] http://www.netbsd.org/images/powered-by-NetBSD.png

  - Hubert

Peter Seebach | 10 Oct 05:59 2005
Picon

Re: Wanted: "Powered by NetBSD" logo

In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0510100555050.26629 <at> m24s24.vlinux.de>, Hubert Feyrer 
writes:
>
>After going over logo uselines with another project recently, I stumbled 
>across the NetBSD Logo Usage Guideline[1] tonight. It seems there is a 
>"Powered by NetBSD" Logo mentioned, but ... noone has made one yet[2]! Any 
>takers? Send them to www <at> , and if you're lucky it may get chosen!

Hubert, of course, forgot to mention the prize:  A free copy of NetBSD,
fully licensed for private or commercial use!

-s

Hubert Feyrer | 10 Oct 06:09 2005

Re: Wanted: "Powered by NetBSD" logo

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Peter Seebach wrote:
> Hubert, of course, forgot to mention the prize:  A free copy of NetBSD,
> fully licensed for private or commercial use!

Dang, forgot that...
to make it a bit more attractive, I'll add license of g4u
(see www.feyrer.de/g4u/).
:-)

(Then again, looking at the logo page, I wonder why none of the logos 
there was chosen...)

  - Hubert


Gmane