Caerwyn Jones | 1 Apr 01:58 2008
Picon

Re: any audio device out there?

Its worked for me on Linux too. But the code is not in the inferno-os
dist.  You can copy Salva's code easily enough from acme-sac
http://code.google.com/p/acme-sac/source/browse/trunk/sys/emu/Linux/audio-oss.c

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:46 AM, hugo rivera <uair00@...> wrote:
> At least on Windows, as far as I know.
>  Saludos
>
>  Hugo
>
>  2008/3/31, hiro <23hiro@...>:
>
>
> > On which platforms does hosted Inferno have a working audio device?
>  >
>  >  --
>  >
>  > hiro
>  >
>

hiro | 1 Apr 02:37 2008

Re: any audio device out there?

Great. I feared having to use windows.
I assume there is no alsa version.
Why isn't it included in inferno-os, too?

On 3/31/08, Caerwyn Jones <caerwynj@...> wrote:
> Its worked for me on Linux too. But the code is not in the inferno-os
>  dist.  You can copy Salva's code easily enough from acme-sac
>  http://code.google.com/p/acme-sac/source/browse/trunk/sys/emu/Linux/audio-oss.c
>
>
>  On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:46 AM, hugo rivera <uair00@...> wrote:
>  > At least on Windows, as far as I know.
>  >  Saludos
>  >
>  >  Hugo
>  >
>  >  2008/3/31, hiro <23hiro@...>:
>  >
>  >
>  > > On which platforms does hosted Inferno have a working audio device?
>  >  >
>  >  >  --
>  >  >
>  >  > hiro
>  >  >
>  >
>

--

-- 
hiro
(Continue reading)

hiro | 1 Apr 05:11 2008

MIPS32

I've got a Linux/MIPS32 here and I'm thinking about building emu for it.
I would like to know how difficult it would be to compile. Do I only
have to write a special mkfile-Linux-mips, or is there more, which i
just don't see yet?
--

-- 
hiro

hiro | 1 Apr 06:20 2008

Re: MIPS32

I see that I will need some special lib9.h and fputctl.h. I knew it,
this is way too difficult for me.

Salva Peiró | 1 Apr 12:18 2008
Picon

Re: any audio device out there?

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:58 AM, Caerwyn Jones <caerwynj@...> wrote:
> Its worked for me on Linux too. But the code is not in the inferno-os
>  dist.  You can copy Salva's code easily enough from acme-sac
>  http://code.google.com/p/acme-sac/source/browse/trunk/sys/emu/Linux/audio-oss.c
>
>

It was announced on the inferno-list,
so you can get more details searching the list for "devaudio for Linux"

a time ago I did a small cleanup of it, here's the result:
http://code.google.com/p/inferno-lab/source/browse/trunk/67/emu/Linux/audio-oss.c?r=38

--

-- 
salva

nevidomsky nevidomsky | 1 Apr 12:53 2008
Picon

How to build emu for Windows XP

I read that instruction. https://umdrive.memphis.edu/blstuart/htdocs/msvc8.html
1. I installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.
2. I installed Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5.
3. What does exact mean in next step "Add the newly installed directories to the environment variables." I haven't still known. Is it "Control Panel->System-> Advanced Tab-> Environment Variables"?
4. For next step I ran command prompt. (Start menu->Programs->Microsoft Windows SDK v6.1->CMD Shell).
5. I went to Inferno directory and I was trying to compile emu.
* cd c:\Inferno\emu\Nt\
* nmake mkfile.
But command prompt shows some errors.
I edited mkfile, but it was vainly. Is it a wrong way?

===========================================

SYSTARG=Nt
OBJTYPE=386
#uncomment following line for full Microsoft debug symbols
#LDEBUG=-debug -debugtype:cv -pdb:none

<c:/inferno/mkconfig
SYSTARG=Nt
OBJTYPE=386

#Configurable parameters

CONF=emu #default configuration
CONFLIST=emu
CLEANCONFLIST=

INSTALLDIR=$ROOT/$SYSTARG/$OBJTYPE/bin #path of directory where kernel is installed

#end configurable parameters

OSX=os
WINX=win

# <$ROOT/mkfiles/mkfile-$SYSTARG-$OBJTYPE #set vars based on target system
# < c:/Inferno/mkfiles/mkfile-Nt-386 #set vars based on target system

###############=$ROOT/mkfiles/mkfile-$SYSTARG-$OBJTYPE
TARGMODEL= Nt
TARGSHTYPE= rc
CPUS= 386

O= obj
OS= obj

AR= LIB
ARFLAGS= -nologo
ARPREFIX= -out:

AS= ml
ASFLAGS= -c\
-nologo\
-coff\
-Cx\
-Zm\
-DQUIET\
-Di386\

CC= cl
CFLAGS= -c\
-nologo\
-W3\
-Zi\
-Yd\
-MT\
-D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400\
-I$ROOT/Nt/386/include\
-I$ROOT/include\
$XCFLAGS\

ANSICPP=
LD= link
LDFLAGS= $LDEBUG -nologo -incremental:no -map -force:multiple
# LDFLAGS= -nologo -incremental:no -debug

SYSLIBS= binmode.obj

YACC= yacc
YFLAGS= -d

##########-

<| $SHELLNAME ../port/mkdevlist $CONF #sets $IP, $DEVS, $PORT, $LIBS

OBJ=\
$OSX.$O\
$WINX.$O\
$CONF.root.$O\
lock.$O\
fp.$O\
vlrt.$O\
$DEVS\
$PORT\

HFILES=\

CFLAGS='-DROOT="'$ROOT'"' -DEMU -I. -I../port -I$ROOT/$SYSTARG/$OBJTYPE/include -I$ROOT/include -I$ROOT/libinterp $CTHREADFLAGS $CFLAGS $EMUOPTIONS
SYSLIBS= $SYSLIBS wsock32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib advapi32.lib winmm.lib mpr.lib
KERNDATE=`{$NDATE}

default:V: i$CONF.exe

<c:/Inferno/emu/port/portmkfile

i$CONF.exe: $OBJ $CONF.c $CONF.root.h $LIBFILES
$CC $CFLAGS '-DKERNDATE='$KERNDATE $CONF.c
$LD $LDFLAGS -out:$target $OBJ $CONF.$O $LIBFILES $SYSLIBS

install:V: i$CONF.exe
cp i$CONF.exe $INSTALLDIR/$CONF.exe

===========================================
Have anyone got the solution of compile emu for WindowsXP?
Thanks!

Richard Miller | 1 Apr 12:36 2008

Re: MIPS32

Do you want big- or little-endian?  I can suppliy mkfile-Linux-spim and
other requisite files which I use to run emu on the (little-endian)
Linksys WRT54G.  You shouldn't need to change much to switch from
mipsel to mipseb.

hiro | 1 Apr 16:11 2008

Re: any audio device out there?

> It was announced on the inferno-list,
>  so you can get more details searching the list for "devaudio for Linux"
>
>  a time ago I did a small cleanup of it, here's the result:
>  http://code.google.com/p/inferno-lab/source/browse/trunk/67/emu/Linux/audio-oss.c?r=38

Thanks.

Brian L. Stuart | 1 Apr 16:12 2008
Picon

Re: How to build emu for Windows XP

Okay, there are several little things here that
may be part of your issues.

> 2. I installed Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5.

This might be problematic.  MS makes changes with just
about every version that break some things.  The modifications
I document work with the 2003 version of the SDK.  You'll
probably find that additional changes will need to be made
for the 2008 version.

> 3. What does exact mean in next step "Add the newly installed directories to
> the environment variables." I haven't still known. Is it "Control
> Panel->System-> Advanced Tab-> Environment Variables"?

That's the place to set them.  You'll need to set (or add)
to the variables, BIN, LIB, and INCLUDE.

Make sure that BIN lists not only the directory containing
cl.exe but also the relevant Inferno executable one.  The
default location on that would be c:\Inferno\Nt\386\bin.

> 5. I went to Inferno directory and I was trying to compile emu.
> * cd c:\Inferno\emu\Nt\
> * nmake mkfile.

You want to do:

cd c:\Inferno\emu
mk

> But command prompt shows some errors.
> I edited mkfile, but it was vainly. Is it a wrong way?

The only change you'll want to make to emu/Nt/mkfile
is to remove ie from the CONFLIST line, as I see you
have by the mkfile you've included.  But you also need
to modify the mkconfig file in the Inferno root directory.
Out of the box, it expects to be building on a Plan 9
system.

BLS

Brian L. Stuart | 1 Apr 16:50 2008
Picon

Re: How to build emu for Windows XP

> That's the place to set them.  You'll need to set (or add)
> to the variables, BIN, LIB, and INCLUDE.
> 
> Make sure that BIN lists not only the directory containing
> cl.exe but also the relevant Inferno executable one.  The
> default location on that would be c:\Inferno\Nt\386\bin.

I just realized I misspoke.  That should be the Path
environment variable, not BIN.

BLS


Gmane