Fix for Mac OSX 10.8/9 emu drawing issue
2013-11-28 05:44:57 GMT
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification[(10) smtp.vitanuova.com. [22.214.171.124]:25: Connection timed out]
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:
inferno-list <at> vitanuova.com
Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)
Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
----- Original message -----
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
X-Received: by 10.112.143.166 with SMTP id sf6mr1866046lbb.29.1383574367326;
Mon, 04 Nov 2013 06:12:47 -0800 (PST)
Received: from [192.168.1.10] ([126.96.36.199])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPSA id vs11sm22979245lac.3.2013.11.04.06.12.45
(version=TLSv1 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Mon, 04 Nov 2013 06:12:46 -0800 (PST)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:12:45 +0400
From: "dmitry.a.novikov <at> gmail.com" <dmitry.a.novikov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.1.0
Subject: Acme UI bug?
References: <e252ea54-be28-4de7-a3b9-7d1d09aeca6c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> <418ab30a-bfd5-42f3-9204-a43137dfa20f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
I've just started learning Inferno and met this issue...
Acme 'Snarf's only the first symbol of those are selected. If I copy
from host (Win7 x64) and 'Paste' into Acme then it works as expected.
Has anyone also met it?
Can anyone provide any help with this issue?
Thanks in advance!
So, GSOC ended. More importantly, summer is ending, as is my suffering at the hands of 3XºC temperatures.I expected to have more things done by this point.This is mostly my fault for starting work without a proper understanding of the existent code/vm.Still, a mostly functional single-threaded interpreter is working.On tests/assembly.dart there's some simple examples for printing factorials or ellapsed time.The large majority of the Sys module isn't implemented, neither are multiplexing and channels. Modules/linkage also aren't finished.
I'll keep going until at least all these are done, albeit at a lower pace.The part of the code that's used to simulate C primitives/structs could probably make for a self-contained library, after I do some major improvements and cleanup. Should be useful for emulators and similar things.For the curious, there's two .txt files on the repository root.- todo.txt : list of future improvements is on the repository- errata.txt : list of things incorrect/missing on the current documentationThanks to Charles, my mentor, and random people on irc that helped me with installing inferno and other annoying stuff.See you soon
Been tying up some loose ends related to memory management.Memory allocation now supports several pools. Each pool uses a splay tree for free blocks and another for used blocks.
I tried to encapsulate address-pool memory mapping inside a VirtualAddress class. Since Dart doesn't allow subclassing int, and my pointer classes are kind of crappy atm, it's been difficult to work that in, so that functionality is pretty scattered for now.
I'm currently working on module(s) loading.Rather than a list of instructions, a full module should be loaded, complete with code,data,type descriptors,etc.
There's some preliminary scheduling/channels code in place, but nothing will really work withouth proper modules.
Bit of a slow week, what with the vacation and the airplanes and what not.I've fixed some bugs with array creating/indexing and some with pointers, both seem to be working okay now.Need to do some more testing on strings to be sure, but I think it's working with both ascii & runes.Again, dart reflection is lacking. I cooked up a noSuchMethod for structs/unions that removes the need to tediously add getters/setters.Technically, it works, but it floods the entire codebase with warnings. I've googled a bit and it seems the dart team is still discussing how to work around it, so for now I'll keep the getters/setters.I've also ported the structs and defines of the Sys module, mostly because I was bored and tired and wanted something simple to do.
Go doesn't seem to have an operating system project to prove out its worthiness as a systems language. At the same time, I would rather write Go than Limbo. And since I use Inferno everyday I would like it to be more lively. But I can't write an operating system alone. So I wondered whether there was community interest in rewriting Inferno in Go, to create a virtualized cross-platform OS layer in Go, and with an extension language also in Go. I was thinking of calling it Goth (Go to Hell), to honor both Go and Inferno. (Seriously, not a joke like gofy). I would think the first thing to write would be a Go version of emu, but someone might have a better idea.--