New York City (US) - Linux/FreeBSD System Administrator
Scrollmotion Inc <sysadmin-job-201109 <at> smint.us>
2011-09-20 19:05:48 GMT
Linux/FreeBSD Systems Administrator in New York City US (no remote work,
no help with relocation).
Scrollmotion, a leading App development company, is seeking a
Linux/FreeBSD system administrator to work out of it’s New York office.
Mix of Ubuntu Linux and FreeBSD (mostly Ubuntu, but number of FreeBSD
may increase once second admin with FreeBSD experience is on board).
Most servers are VMs hosted at Rackspace.
Users on a mostly Mac environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Linux/FreeBSD setup, administration, performance tuning, monitoring,
maintaining fault tolerance, and account management
* Backups, disaster Recovery management and testing
* Performs application upgrades and updates during change control windows
* Create and maintain up-to-date documentation
* Provide level 2 tech support for users in NY office (light)
* 3+ years experience in a Linux or FreeBSD environment
* Experience with: Apache, Postfix, sudo
* Experience with any virtualization servers (Xen, VMware, Citrix) or cloud
services (Amazon AWS, Rackspace)
* Shell scripting
* Experience with a database system and some SQL (basic queries for
* Team player