FreeBSD bugmaster | 3 Oct 13:07 2011
Picon

Current problem reports assigned to freebsd-usb <at> FreeBSD.org

Note: to view an individual PR, use:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=(number).

The following is a listing of current problems submitted by FreeBSD users.
These represent problem reports covering all versions including
experimental development code and obsolete releases.

S Tracker      Resp.      Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o usb/160911   usb        The usb flash drive JetFlash Transcend 16GB 1100 doesn
o usb/160436   usb        ucom wedges machine on parity error ?
o usb/160301   usb        [patch] missing device usb and device ucom entries in 
o usb/160299   usb        MicroSDHC-to-USB adapters do not work in FreeBSD 8.x
o usb/160192   usb        [install] Installation from USB-Stick doesn't find the
o usb/159611   usb        [PATCH] USB stick extrememory Snippy needs quirks
o usb/159274   usb        USB 3.0 Etron EJ168A does not work.
f usb/159191   usb        [fusefs-ntfs] write on fusefs-ntfs mounted partition r
o usb/157376   usb        LaCie USB disk not recognized
o usb/156898   usb        [keyboard] usb keyboard does not work while boot (ps2 
o usb/156735   usb        Need Quirk for Goflex USB Disk Drives
o usb/156725   usb        USB stack stall cause complete system input loss
o usb/156596   usb        [ehci] Extremely high interrupt rate on ehci/uhci IRQ1
o usb/156000   usb        rum(4) Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in ke
o usb/155996   usb        NanoBSD not booted as Disk
o usb/155784   usb        Problem with Transcend StoreJet 25M3 (2AJ1) on Asus M2
o usb/155663   usb        [usbdevs] [patch] Add support for Supertop Nano 1GB US
o usb/155496   usb        [usb][patch] support BUFFALO WLI-U2-SG54HG wireless
o usb/154753   usb        [usbdevs] [patch] Support for Qualcomm USB modem/stora
o usb/154710   usb        [ugen] Conexant USB Modem is not working in 8.x. In 7.
o usb/154506   usb        [umass] Copying dir with large files makes FreeBSD loa
(Continue reading)

Mike Tancsa | 6 Oct 23:09 2011
Picon

Error messages at bootup with usb dial modem

Not sure if this is a bug or quirk of my Alix box's hardware or the modem, but with a recent RELENG_8, I get the
following errors at bootup time with the attached usb modem

usb_alloc_device: set address 3 failed (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed, USB_ERR_IOERROR
usbd_req_re_enumerate: addr=3, set address failed! (USB_ERR_IOERROR, ignored)
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed, USB_ERR_IOERROR

What are these, and are they "normal" or do I need to tune something ?

a boot dmesg with hw.usb.debug=1 is at http://www.tancsa.com/usb-error.txt along with usbconfig's
verbose output

# usbconfig 
ugen0.1: <OHCI root HUB AMD> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen1.1: <EHCI root HUB AMD> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=SAVE
ugen0.2: <Back-UPS RS 1500 FW8.g7 .D USB FWg7 American Power Conversion> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW
(1.5Mbps) pwr=ON
ugen0.3: <USB Modem Conexant> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

ugen0.3: <USB Modem Conexant> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

  bLength = 0x0012 
  bDescriptorType = 0x0001 
  bcdUSB = 0x0110 
  bDeviceClass = 0x0002 
  bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000 
  bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000 
  bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040 
  idVendor = 0x0572 
(Continue reading)

FreeBSD bugmaster | 10 Oct 13:07 2011
Picon

Current problem reports assigned to freebsd-usb <at> FreeBSD.org

Note: to view an individual PR, use:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=(number).

The following is a listing of current problems submitted by FreeBSD users.
These represent problem reports covering all versions including
experimental development code and obsolete releases.

S Tracker      Resp.      Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o usb/160911   usb        The usb flash drive JetFlash Transcend 16GB 1100 doesn
o usb/160436   usb        ucom wedges machine on parity error ?
o usb/160301   usb        [patch] missing device usb and device ucom entries in 
o usb/160299   usb        MicroSDHC-to-USB adapters do not work in FreeBSD 8.x
o usb/160192   usb        [install] Installation from USB-Stick doesn't find the
o usb/159611   usb        [PATCH] USB stick extrememory Snippy needs quirks
o usb/159274   usb        USB 3.0 Etron EJ168A does not work.
f usb/159191   usb        [fusefs-ntfs] write on fusefs-ntfs mounted partition r
o usb/157376   usb        LaCie USB disk not recognized
o usb/156898   usb        [keyboard] usb keyboard does not work while boot (ps2 
o usb/156735   usb        Need Quirk for Goflex USB Disk Drives
o usb/156725   usb        USB stack stall cause complete system input loss
o usb/156596   usb        [ehci] Extremely high interrupt rate on ehci/uhci IRQ1
o usb/156000   usb        rum(4) Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in ke
o usb/155996   usb        NanoBSD not booted as Disk
o usb/155784   usb        Problem with Transcend StoreJet 25M3 (2AJ1) on Asus M2
o usb/155663   usb        [usbdevs] [patch] Add support for Supertop Nano 1GB US
o usb/155496   usb        [usb][patch] support BUFFALO WLI-U2-SG54HG wireless
o usb/154753   usb        [usbdevs] [patch] Support for Qualcomm USB modem/stora
o usb/154710   usb        [ugen] Conexant USB Modem is not working in 8.x. In 7.
o usb/154506   usb        [umass] Copying dir with large files makes FreeBSD loa
(Continue reading)

Juergen Lock | 11 Oct 18:47 2011
Picon

Re: Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:23:41PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> Hi!
> 
>  My dad likes to paint a bit so I got him a Wacom tablet as a present
> (Bamboo Pen & Touch), and I thought I could help getting it working
> on FreeBSD while I was at it...  [...]

I guess I should have said getting it working on 8.x and later, I
suppose the input-wacom port currently in ports still can be made
to work with the old usb stack in 7.x.

 Sorry... :)
	Juergen
_______________________________________________
freebsd-ports <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"

Juergen Lock | 11 Oct 18:23 2011
Picon

Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)

Hi!

 My dad likes to paint a bit so I got him a Wacom tablet as a present
(Bamboo Pen & Touch), and I thought I could help getting it working
on FreeBSD while I was at it...  Asked hps, who kindly prepared a
webcamd update that adds support:

	svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
		checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/ports
	cd ports/multimedia/webcamd && make all install clean

which I now tested with a preliminary x11-drivers/input-wacom xorg
driver update that I prepared:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/inputwacom.patch

I had to rebuild xorg-server without hal support because apparently
hal and thus the xserver picked up webcamd's /dev/input node for
the wacom which made my mouse misbehave (proper hal configs to
ignore webcamd's device node welcome, :) and I added this to
xorg.conf:

----snip---
Section "ServerLayout"
	...
	InputDevice	"stylus"
        InputDevice	"eraser"
	...
EndSection
...
(Continue reading)

Jason Hellenthal | 11 Oct 19:54 2011
Picon

Re: Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)


On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:47:16PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:23:41PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> > Hi!
> > 
> >  My dad likes to paint a bit so I got him a Wacom tablet as a present
> > (Bamboo Pen & Touch), and I thought I could help getting it working
> > on FreeBSD while I was at it...  [...]
> 
> I guess I should have said getting it working on 8.x and later, I
> suppose the input-wacom port currently in ports still can be made
> to work with the old usb stack in 7.x.
> 

I might be missing something but does this tablet have a webcam built
into it ? this is me not understanding the use of webcamd.
_______________________________________________
freebsd-ports <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"

Juergen Lock | 11 Oct 20:21 2011
Picon

Re: Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:54:14PM -0400, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
> 
> 
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:47:16PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:23:41PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > > 
> > >  My dad likes to paint a bit so I got him a Wacom tablet as a present
> > > (Bamboo Pen & Touch), and I thought I could help getting it working
> > > on FreeBSD while I was at it...  [...]
> > 
> > I guess I should have said getting it working on 8.x and later, I
> > suppose the input-wacom port currently in ports still can be made
> > to work with the old usb stack in 7.x.
> > 
> 
> I might be missing something but does this tablet have a webcam built
> into it ? this is me not understanding the use of webcamd.

No.  webcamd has become kind of a misnomer, it's in fact just a `wrapper'
for several kinds of Linux usb kernel drivers to run them in FreeBSD
userland.  (We have now at least webcams, dvb tuners, IR transceivers,
and usb tablets. :)

 HTH,
	Juergen
_______________________________________________
freebsd-ports <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"
(Continue reading)

Michal Varga | 11 Oct 20:35 2011
Picon

Re: Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 20:21 +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:

> No.  webcamd has become kind of a misnomer, it's in fact just a `wrapper'
> for several kinds of Linux usb kernel drivers to run them in FreeBSD
> userland.  (We have now at least webcams, dvb tuners, IR transceivers,
> and usb tablets. :)
> 

Oh god, thank you for mentioning this. I've been personally keeping
webcamd out of my installations as "we don't need no stinkin webcams
here", but this is something completely different based on what you say
(especially the Wacom support).

Was there any push to rename webcamd to something more meaningful yet?

m.

--

-- 
Michal Varga,
Stonehenge (Gmail account)

_______________________________________________
freebsd-ports <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"

Juergen Lock | 11 Oct 21:31 2011
Picon

Re: Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 08:35:49PM +0200, Michal Varga wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 20:21 +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> 
> > No.  webcamd has become kind of a misnomer, it's in fact just a `wrapper'
> > for several kinds of Linux usb kernel drivers to run them in FreeBSD
> > userland.  (We have now at least webcams, dvb tuners, IR transceivers,
> > and usb tablets. :)
> > 
> 
> Oh god, thank you for mentioning this. I've been personally keeping
> webcamd out of my installations as "we don't need no stinkin webcams
> here", but this is something completely different based on what you say
> (especially the Wacom support).
> 
> Was there any push to rename webcamd to something more meaningful yet?

I'm not aware of anything like that...

	Juergen
Hans Petter Selasky | 11 Oct 21:39 2011
X-Face
Picon

Re: Testing Wacom usb tablet with webcamd svn (and mypaint)

On Tuesday 11 October 2011 21:31:02 Juergen Lock wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 08:35:49PM +0200, Michal Varga wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 20:21 +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> > > No.  webcamd has become kind of a misnomer, it's in fact just a
> > > `wrapper' for several kinds of Linux usb kernel drivers to run them in
> > > FreeBSD userland.  (We have now at least webcams, dvb tuners, IR
> > > transceivers, and usb tablets. :)
> > 
> > Oh god, thank you for mentioning this. I've been personally keeping
> > webcamd out of my installations as "we don't need no stinkin webcams
> > here", but this is something completely different based on what you say
> > (especially the Wacom support).
> > 
> > Was there any push to rename webcamd to something more meaningful yet?
> 
> I'm not aware of anything like that...

In my talk at EuroBSDcon I said that webcamd might be renamed in the future. 
Does anyone have any good suggestions?

--HPS

Gmane