Robert Watson | 1 Jun 02:02 2007
Picon

Re: watch(8) stuck in devdrn


On Thu, 31 May 2007, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2007-05-31 18:38, Robert Watson <rwatson <at> freebsd.org> wrote:
>> I was using watch(8) this afternoon, and on trying to quit, ran into this:
>>
>>   peppercorn:~> ps axl | grep watch
>>     0 14200 14194   0  -8  0  3416  1056 devdrn D     p2-   0:00.01 watch -W tt
>>
>> It was running on a pty, but the target tty was ttyv1.
>
> If you have kern.pts.enable=1 you may have to use:
> http://hg.hellug.gr/freebsd/src-keramida/file/944ac3982de1/pty-devdrn
>
> Without this patch and kern.pts.enable=1 all ptys seem to get stuck in 
> devdrn on process exit.  AFAIK, Kostik Belousov and Tor Egge know this and 
> are already working on a fix:

I'm not using pts.enable on this box.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge
_______________________________________________
freebsd-current <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"

Ted Faber | 1 Jun 02:05 2007
Picon

Re: glibmm exceptions broken after recent upgrades on CURRENT (debug info included)

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:57:10PM -0400, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:32:13 -0700
> Ted Faber <faber <at> ISI.EDU> wrote:
> 
> > On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 01:34:30PM -0700, Ted Faber wrote:
> > > I've attached a short example that exhibits the problem and a dump
> > > of the stack trace from gdb.  All this is a pretty recent -CURRENT
> > > and new ports. 
> > 
> > The example code doesn't seem to have made it.  Sorry, it's here.
> > 
> % g++ `pkg-config --cflags --libs glibmm-2.4` test.c -o test
> % ./test UTF-8
> И
> error
> 
> Works here.

So there is *a* configuration that works.  Are you using the new gcc?

hut:~$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.0 20070514 [FreeBSD]
hut:~$ pkg_info | grep glibmm
glibmm-2.12.9,1     C++ interfaces for glib2
glibmm-reference-2.12.9_2,1 Programming reference for devel/glibmm

(Continue reading)

Hidetoshi Shimokawa | 1 Jun 02:11 2007
Picon

Re: watch(8) stuck in devdrn

The problem doesn't seem specific to tty sub system.
I have similar problem with scsi_target.

On 6/1/07, Robert Watson <rwatson <at> freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 31 May 2007, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>
> > On 2007-05-31 18:38, Robert Watson <rwatson <at> freebsd.org> wrote:
> >> I was using watch(8) this afternoon, and on trying to quit, ran into this:
> >>
> >>   peppercorn:~> ps axl | grep watch
> >>     0 14200 14194   0  -8  0  3416  1056 devdrn D     p2-   0:00.01 watch -W tt
> >>
> >> It was running on a pty, but the target tty was ttyv1.
> >
> > If you have kern.pts.enable=1 you may have to use:
> > http://hg.hellug.gr/freebsd/src-keramida/file/944ac3982de1/pty-devdrn
> >
> > Without this patch and kern.pts.enable=1 all ptys seem to get stuck in
> > devdrn on process exit.  AFAIK, Kostik Belousov and Tor Egge know this and
> > are already working on a fix:
>
> I'm not using pts.enable on this box.
>
> Robert N M Watson
> Computer Laboratory
> University of Cambridge
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-current <at> freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current
(Continue reading)

Alexander Nedotsukov | 1 Jun 03:03 2007
Picon

Re: glibmm exceptions broken after recent upgrades on CURRENT (debug info included)

Ted,

There is a problem on your side. From you backtrace I can see use of 
/usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 which is wrong. Most likely this points 
out to incomplete upgrade.

Alexander.

Update your ports

Ted Faber wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:57:10PM -0400, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
>   
>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:32:13 -0700
>> Ted Faber <faber <at> ISI.EDU> wrote:
>>
>>     
>>> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 01:34:30PM -0700, Ted Faber wrote:
>>>       
>>>> I've attached a short example that exhibits the problem and a dump
>>>> of the stack trace from gdb.  All this is a pretty recent -CURRENT
>>>> and new ports. 
>>>>         
>>> The example code doesn't seem to have made it.  Sorry, it's here.
>>>
>>>       
>> % g++ `pkg-config --cflags --libs glibmm-2.4` test.c -o test
>> % ./test UTF-8
>> И
>> error
(Continue reading)

Ted Faber | 1 Jun 03:50 2007
Picon

Re: glibmm exceptions broken after recent upgrades on CURRENT (debug info included)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:03:12AM +0900, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:
> Ted,
> 
> There is a problem on your side. From you backtrace I can see use of 
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 which is wrong. Most likely this points 
> out to incomplete upgrade.

First of all, I'm sure you're right; there's something wrong on my end.
I appreciate you helping me find it.

I've upgraded to  libsigc++-2.0.17_1 under the new compiler, which
installed /usr/local/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 .  gdb is reporting the
library as /usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 because /usr/X11R6 is now a
symlink to /usr/local (after the upgrade) and the /usr/X11R6/lib prefix
comes before /usr/local/lib in ldconfig's search path.  They're the same
file:

hut:~$ ls -li /usr/local/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 /usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0
4970046 -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  46766 May 30 21:18 /usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0
4970046 -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  46766 May 30 21:18 /usr/local/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0

I believe that the library (sigc) is the most recent one, and I know
it's been g++ 4.2.0 compiled.  I've actually been through every library
in the ldd listing from my little test program and they've all been
recompiled from ports using the new compiler.

Do you have a guess what might be wrong with my libsigc++ that I haven't
tried looking for?

Thanks again for the help.
(Continue reading)

Daniel O'Connor | 1 Jun 03:56 2007
Picon

Re: The mailman bug

On Thursday 31 May 2007 20:08, Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
> IMHO, if and, or when a user sends a message to a list address as CC,
> the mailman should exchange and, or correct the headers To: and Cc:
> by applying some fuzzy logic so that the receivers may filter
> messages from the lists by looking at To: header only.
>
> Plz feel free to forward this message to maintainers of mailman.

I think you'll find they disagree with you already :)

Filter by List-Id it is the canonical way to determine if the email came 
from a given list.

--

-- 
Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
"The nice thing about standards is that there
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 5596 B766 97C0 0E94 4347 295E E593 DC20 7B3F CE8C
Jiawei Ye | 1 Jun 03:47 2007
Picon

Re: watch(8) stuck in devdrn

On 6/1/07, Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa <at> freebsd.org> wrote:
> The problem doesn't seem specific to tty sub system.
> I have similar problem with scsi_target.
>
> On 6/1/07, Robert Watson <rwatson <at> freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 31 May 2007, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >
> > > On 2007-05-31 18:38, Robert Watson <rwatson <at> freebsd.org> wrote:
> > >> I was using watch(8) this afternoon, and on trying to quit, ran into this:
> > >>
> > >>   peppercorn:~> ps axl | grep watch
> > >>     0 14200 14194   0  -8  0  3416  1056 devdrn D     p2-   0:00.01 watch -W tt
> > >>
> > >> It was running on a pty, but the target tty was ttyv1.
> > >
> > > If you have kern.pts.enable=1 you may have to use:
> > > http://hg.hellug.gr/freebsd/src-keramida/file/944ac3982de1/pty-devdrn
> > >
> > > Without this patch and kern.pts.enable=1 all ptys seem to get stuck in
> > > devdrn on process exit.  AFAIK, Kostik Belousov and Tor Egge know this and
> > > are already working on a fix:
> >
> > I'm not using pts.enable on this box.
> >
> > Robert N M Watson
> > Computer Laboratory
> > University of Cambridge
> > _______________________________________________
> > freebsd-current <at> freebsd.org mailing list
(Continue reading)

Alexander Kabaev | 1 Jun 04:19 2007
Picon

Re: glibmm exceptions broken after recent upgrades on CURRENT (debug info included)

On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:05:53 -0700
Ted Faber <faber <at> ISI.EDU> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:57:10PM -0400, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:32:13 -0700
> > Ted Faber <faber <at> ISI.EDU> wrote:
> > 
> > > On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 01:34:30PM -0700, Ted Faber wrote:
> > > > I've attached a short example that exhibits the problem and a
> > > > dump of the stack trace from gdb.  All this is a pretty recent
> > > > -CURRENT and new ports. 
> > > 
> > > The example code doesn't seem to have made it.  Sorry, it's here.
> > > 
> > % g++ `pkg-config --cflags --libs glibmm-2.4` test.c -o test
> > % ./test UTF-8
> > И
> > error
> > 
> > Works here.
> 
> So there is *a* configuration that works.  Are you using the new gcc?

This would look strange if I were NOT using a new GCC :) Of course I
do.

#3  0x4810d03a in  ()
from /usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 
#4  0x4810d21d in  ()
from /usr/X11R6/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0
(Continue reading)

FreeBSD Tinderbox | 1 Jun 04:27 2007
Picon

[head tinderbox] failure on ia64/ia64

TB --- 2007-06-01 02:03:03 - tinderbox 2.3 running on freebsd-current.sentex.ca
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:03:03 - starting HEAD tinderbox run for ia64/ia64
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:03:03 - cleaning the object tree
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:03:39 - checking out the source tree
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:03:39 - cd /tinderbox/HEAD/ia64/ia64
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:03:39 - /usr/bin/cvs -f -R -q -d/home/ncvs update -Pd -A src
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:11:54 - building world (CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe)
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:11:54 - cd /src
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:11:54 - /usr/bin/make -B buildworld
>>> World build started on Fri Jun  1 02:11:55 UTC 2007
>>> Rebuilding the temporary build tree
>>> stage 1.1: legacy release compatibility shims
>>> stage 1.2: bootstrap tools
>>> stage 2.1: cleaning up the object tree
>>> stage 2.2: rebuilding the object tree
>>> stage 2.3: build tools
>>> stage 3: cross tools
>>> stage 4.1: building includes
>>> stage 4.2: building libraries
[...]
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_ia64.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_file.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getloadavg.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getswapinfo.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c
/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c: In function 'kvm_proclist':
/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:224: error: 'struct pstats' has no member named 'p_ru'
/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:359: warning: passing argument 1 of 'bintime2timeval' from incompatible
pointer type
*** Error code 1
(Continue reading)

FreeBSD Tinderbox | 1 Jun 04:51 2007
Picon

[head tinderbox] failure on powerpc/powerpc

TB --- 2007-06-01 02:27:50 - tinderbox 2.3 running on freebsd-current.sentex.ca
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:27:50 - starting HEAD tinderbox run for powerpc/powerpc
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:27:50 - cleaning the object tree
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:28:18 - checking out the source tree
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:28:18 - cd /tinderbox/HEAD/powerpc/powerpc
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:28:18 - /usr/bin/cvs -f -R -q -d/home/ncvs update -Pd -A src
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:35:31 - building world (CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe)
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:35:31 - cd /src
TB --- 2007-06-01 02:35:31 - /usr/bin/make -B buildworld
>>> World build started on Fri Jun  1 02:35:32 UTC 2007
>>> Rebuilding the temporary build tree
>>> stage 1.1: legacy release compatibility shims
>>> stage 1.2: bootstrap tools
>>> stage 2.1: cleaning up the object tree
>>> stage 2.2: rebuilding the object tree
>>> stage 2.3: build tools
>>> stage 3: cross tools
>>> stage 4.1: building includes
>>> stage 4.2: building libraries
[...]
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_powerpc.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_file.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getloadavg.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_getswapinfo.c
cc -O2 -pipe  -DLIBC_SCCS -I/src/lib/libkvm  -c /src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c
/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c: In function 'kvm_proclist':
/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:224: error: 'struct pstats' has no member named 'p_ru'
/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:359: warning: passing argument 1 of 'bintime2timeval' from incompatible
pointer type
*** Error code 1
(Continue reading)


Gmane