Filippo Natali | 1 Dec 11:28 2004
Picon

Re: advocacy/74578: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24

on 01.12.2004 11:20 FreeBSD-gnats-submit <at> FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Thank you very much for your problem report.
> It has the internal identification `advocacy/74578'.
> The individual assigned to look at your
> report is: freebsd-advocacy. 
> 
> You can access the state of your problem report at any time
> via this link:
> 
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=74578
> 
> 
>>Category:       advocacy
>>Responsible:    freebsd-advocacy
>>Synopsis:       [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24
>>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 01 10:20:26 GMT 2004
> 
> 

shame on me, I forgot to change the default category in gtk-send-pr to
"ports"

regards,
Filippo
_______________________________________________
freebsd-advocacy <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-advocacy
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-advocacy-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"

(Continue reading)

Filippo Natali | 1 Dec 11:10 2004
Picon

advocacy/74578: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24


>Number:         74578
>Category:       advocacy
>Synopsis:       [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Priority:       low
>Responsible:    freebsd-advocacy
>State:          open
>Quarter:        
>Keywords:       
>Date-Required:
>Class:          maintainer-update
>Submitter-Id:   current-users
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 01 10:20:26 GMT 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Filippo Natali
>Release:        FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE i386
>Organization:
Widestore srl 
>Environment:

System: FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Thu Nov 18 16:24:25 CET 2004
    filippo <at> cagnina.hq.widestore.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CAGNINA

>Description:

Update net/whois to 4.6.24

(Continue reading)

Filippo Natali | 1 Dec 11:30 2004
Picon

Re: advocacy/74578: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24

The following reply was made to PR advocacy/74578; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Filippo Natali <filippo.natali <at> widestore.net>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit <at> FreeBSD.org, freebsd-advocacy <at> FreeBSD.org
Cc: Filippo Natali <filippo <at> widestore.net>
Subject: Re: advocacy/74578: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:28:14 +0100

 on 01.12.2004 11:20 FreeBSD-gnats-submit <at> FreeBSD.org wrote:
 > Thank you very much for your problem report.
 > It has the internal identification `advocacy/74578'.
 > The individual assigned to look at your
 > report is: freebsd-advocacy. 
 > 
 > You can access the state of your problem report at any time
 > via this link:
 > 
 > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=74578
 > 
 > 
 >>Category:       advocacy
 >>Responsible:    freebsd-advocacy
 >>Synopsis:       [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24
 >>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 01 10:20:26 GMT 2004
 > 
 > 

 shame on me, I forgot to change the default category in gtk-send-pr to
 "ports"

(Continue reading)

Josef El-Rayes | 1 Dec 11:49 2004
Picon

Re: ports/74578: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24

Synopsis: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/whois to 4.6.24

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-advocacy-≥freebsd-ports
Responsible-Changed-By: josef
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Dec 1 10:48:21 GMT 2004
Responsible-Changed-Why: 
Correct wrong category/responsible fields.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=74578
_______________________________________________
freebsd-advocacy <at> freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-advocacy
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-advocacy-unsubscribe <at> freebsd.org"

Re: Open-Source project

[Please forgive the cross-posting to advocacy, and
the possibility that this is no longer questions material,
and any personal affronts :-) ]

From: "Dylan Nicolini" <dvnicolini <at> comcast.net>

Dear Sir:

I am very eager to contribute to the FreeBSD project. Currently, I am a
Junior in college, majoring in Computer Science. I believe in the theory of
open source very strongly, and I would love the oppurtunity to contribute to
this project. If there are any suggestions on where to start I am very open
to anything.

Dylan Nicolini

Cezar Fistik wrote:

>Hi Dylan,
>
>I believe this kind of questions has been answered here thousands of times.
>Anyway, open source is a term with a very broad meaning, but if you are
>interested to contribute to FreeBSD, this could be a good starting point.
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing/index.html
>
>Regards,
>Cezar
>  
>
(Continue reading)

Mit Rowe | 6 Dec 03:12 2004

Grants

Hi, folks!

I'm Mit, and i've been your ca.FreeBSD.Org hostmaster for many years. 
I'm pretty quiet on a international scale, but i've been active as a 
local  advocate for the FreeBSD community in every community i have 
involvement in since a copy of FreeBSD 2.0 landed on my desk in early '95.

I have also considered it my duty to encourage FreeBSD mirrors in 
Canada, but I have been constantly frustrated by my ability to have 
corporations provide long-term resources to the FreeBSD Project in terms 
of WWW, FTP, and CVSUp mirrors of the FreeBSD releases, source, and 
documentation.

This frustration has led me to think of turning to the government of 
Canada, starting from the Communications Research Centre (an agency of 
Industry Canada) and working my way up, looking for either them to host 
the FreeBSD mirror or provide a grant to someone to do so.

However, before i speak for the FreeBSD Project, i believe that i am 
honour-bound to request feed back on my intent and method; therefore, i 
ask your feedback, comments and advice on the following letter i think i 
should send first to info <at> crc.ca and see what kind of feedback i receive 
from them (which i would report back).

Also, perhaps any lurking Canadians out there could hold up their hands? 
I sometimes feel pretty lonely out here in this corner of the world :-)

Regards,
Mit

(Continue reading)

Dan Langille | 6 Dec 03:49 2004

Re: Grants

On 5 Dec 2004 at 21:12, Mit Rowe wrote:

> I have also considered it my duty to encourage FreeBSD mirrors in 
> Canada, but I have been constantly frustrated by my ability to have 
> corporations provide long-term resources to the FreeBSD Project in terms 
> of WWW, FTP, and CVSUp mirrors of the FreeBSD releases, source, and 
> documentation.
> 
> This frustration has led me to think of turning to the government of 
> Canada, starting from the Communications Research Centre (an agency of 
> Industry Canada) and working my way up, looking for either them to host 
> the FreeBSD mirror or provide a grant to someone to do so.

I know the folks at NRC that run the ftp.ca

> However, before i speak for the FreeBSD Project, i believe that i am 
> honour-bound to request feed back on my intent and method; therefore, i 
> ask your feedback, comments and advice on the following letter i think i 
> should send first to info <at> crc.ca and see what kind of feedback i receive 
> from them (which i would report back).
> 
> Also, perhaps any lurking Canadians out there could hold up their hands? 
> I sometimes feel pretty lonely out here in this corner of the world :-)

Have you seen http://www.goslingcommunity.org/ ?
--

-- 
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/

_______________________________________________
(Continue reading)

Lanny Baron | 6 Dec 04:51 2004

Re: Grants

Hi Mit,
Perhaps we can help. Contact me at your convenience.

Regards,
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Lanny Baron
Proud to be 100% FreeBSD
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM
Toll Free: 1.877.963.1900
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Mit Rowe wrote:

> Hi, folks!
>
> I'm Mit, and i've been your ca.FreeBSD.Org hostmaster for many years. 
> I'm pretty quiet on a international scale, but i've been active as a 
> local  advocate for the FreeBSD community in every community i have 
> involvement in since a copy of FreeBSD 2.0 landed on my desk in early 
> '95.
>
> I have also considered it my duty to encourage FreeBSD mirrors in 
> Canada, but I have been constantly frustrated by my ability to have 
> corporations provide long-term resources to the FreeBSD Project in 
> terms of WWW, FTP, and CVSUp mirrors of the FreeBSD releases, source, 
> and documentation.
>
> This frustration has led me to think of turning to the government of 
> Canada, starting from the Communications Research Centre (an agency of 
> Industry Canada) and working my way up, looking for either them to 
(Continue reading)

Mit Rowe | 6 Dec 05:22 2004

Re: Grants

Any help you can provide would be great!

Lanny Baron wrote:

> Hi Mit,
> Perhaps we can help. Contact me at your convenience.
>
> Regards,
> =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
> Lanny Baron
> Proud to be 100% FreeBSD
> http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM
> Toll Free: 1.877.963.1900
> =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
>
>
>
> Mit Rowe wrote:
>
>> Hi, folks!
>>
>> I'm Mit, and i've been your ca.FreeBSD.Org hostmaster for many years. 
>> I'm pretty quiet on a international scale, but i've been active as a 
>> local  advocate for the FreeBSD community in every community i have 
>> involvement in since a copy of FreeBSD 2.0 landed on my desk in early 
>> '95.
>>
>> I have also considered it my duty to encourage FreeBSD mirrors in 
>> Canada, but I have been constantly frustrated by my ability to have 
>> corporations provide long-term resources to the FreeBSD Project in 
(Continue reading)

Lanny Baron | 6 Dec 08:18 2004

Re: Grants

Hi Mit,
Like I said earlier, perhaps you can contact me tomorrow (monday) when I
am in the office. 

I look forward to hearing from you.
-- 
Regards,
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Lanny Baron
Proud to be 100% FreeBSD
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM
Toll Free: 1.877.963.1900
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
From: Mit Rowe <mit <at> mitayai.org>
Subject: Re: Grants
Date: 2004-12-06 04:22:17 GMT
Any help you can provide would be great!

Lanny Baron wrote:

> Hi Mit,
> Perhaps we can help. Contact me at your convenience.
>
> Regards,
(Continue reading)


Gmane