Danny Smith | 1 Feb 05:13 2004
Picon

mingwex/getopt.c vs POSIXLY_CORRECT

Hello

This is a mingw issue, but effects cygwin -mno-cygwin apps (probably
setup) too so I cross-post to see what antipathy (a new word: as in
"antipathy rules, OK") I raise.

The cygwin implementation of getopt and getopt_long effectively defaults
to POSIXLY_CORRECTness by virtue of: 
#define IS_POSIXLY_CORRECT (getenv("POSIXLY_INCORRECT_GETOPT") == NULL)

Now, that environmental variable is bit strange to me, particularly in a
native environment such as mingw that doesn't have a clue about PC, I
propose this patch, for mingw subdir, so that the default implementation
of mingw's getopt matches the documentation in NetBSD man page. In
effect this means that the permute and in_order BSD extensions (the
latter also a default GNUC extension) are enabled for mingw.

Unless I hear reasonable arguments against this, I will commit the patch
after 48 hours.

Danny

mingw/ChangeLog

2004-02-02  Danny Smith  <dannysmith@...>

	* mingwex/getopt.c: Define IS_POSIXLY_CORRECT as per
	NetBSD getopt_long.c

retrieving revision 1.2
(Continue reading)

Rafael Kitover | 1 Feb 20:24 2004
Picon

RE: [ITP] aspell-de-0.50.2 - German dictionary files for aspell

Good to go and +1 from me.

-- 
Rafael

>-----Original Message-----
>From: cygwin-apps-owner@...
[mailto:cygwin-apps-owner <at> cygwin.com] On
>Behalf Of Dr. Volker Zell
>Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 5:13 AM
>To: cygwin-apps@...
>Subject: [ITP] aspell-de-0.50.2 - German dictionary files for aspell
>
>Hi
>
>I would like to contribute and maintain the aspell-de package:
>
> *  http://aspell.net/                  (Homepage)
> *  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/ (Download location)
>
>   !!!!!!!!!  downloadsize 5 MB !!!!!!!!!
>
>Ciao
>  Volker
>
>--
>
>Here is the setup.hint file:
>
>sdesc: "German dictionary files for aspell"
(Continue reading)

Andreas Seidl | 1 Feb 20:54 2004
Picon
Picon

[ITP] TeXmacs: A scientific wysiwyg Editor and Interface for Computer Algebra Systems


Someone wanted more X-applications?

I would like to contribute and maintain TeXmacs:

* http://texmacs.org (Homepage)
* ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/targz/TeXmacs-1.0.3.2-src.tar.gz
                                                         (Download)

Obtaining this package for review:

wget
http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/TeXmacs/TeXmacs-1.0.3.2-1-src.tar.bz2
wget
http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/TeXmacs/TeXmacs-1.0.3.2-1.tar.bz2
wget http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/TeXmacs/setup.hint

Alternatively, this package can be downloaded and installed through
setup.exe by adding http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin to your
server list.

----- setup.hint -----
sdesc: "A scientific wysiwyg Editor and Interface for Computer Algebra
Systems."
ldesc: " GNU TeXmacs is a free scientific text editor, which was both
inspired by TeX and GNU Emacs. The editor allows you to write
structured documents via a wysiwyg (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) and
user friendly interface. New styles may be created by the user. The
program implements high-quality typesetting algorithms and TeX fonts,
which help you to produce professionally looking documents.
(Continue reading)

Nicholas Wourms | 1 Feb 22:27 2004
Picon

Re: mingwex/getopt.c vs POSIXLY_CORRECT

danny_r_smith wrote:

> Hello
> 
> This is a mingw issue, but effects cygwin -mno-cygwin apps (probably
> setup) too so I cross-post to see what antipathy (a new word: as in
> "antipathy rules, OK") I raise.
> 
> The cygwin implementation of getopt and getopt_long effectively defaults
> to POSIXLY_CORRECTness by virtue of: 
> #define IS_POSIXLY_CORRECT (getenv("POSIXLY_INCORRECT_GETOPT") == NULL)
> 
> Now, that environmental variable is bit strange to me, particularly in a
> native environment such as mingw that doesn't have a clue about PC, I
> propose this patch, for mingw subdir, so that the default implementation
> of mingw's getopt matches the documentation in NetBSD man page. In
> effect this means that the permute and in_order BSD extensions (the
> latter also a default GNUC extension) are enabled for mingw.

According to Chuck, this was only done because the default behaviour 
broke strace under Cygwin.

> Unless I hear reasonable arguments against this, I will commit the patch
> after 48 hours.

I don't think the above applies since the last time I checked, strace 
only works on Cygwin applications.

Cheers,
Nicholas
(Continue reading)

Lapo | 1 Feb 23:33 2004
Picon

Re: Pending patches for generic build script


Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

|Lapo Luchini: http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-08/msg00323.html
|Lapo Luchini: http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00273.html

Please notice there's a newer version floating around, also.. and...
with a little less whitespace differences 0=)

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-01/msg00177.html

Lapo

--
L a p o   L u c h i n i
l a p o  <at>  l a p o . i t
w w w . l a p o . i t /
http://www.megatokyo.it
Robert R Schneck-McConnell | 2 Feb 01:34 2004
Picon

Please upload: ssmtp-2.60.4-2

Please upload a new version of ssmtp:

http://math.berkeley.edu/~schneck/ssmtp/setup.hint
http://math.berkeley.edu/~schneck/ssmtp/ssmtp-2.60.4-2.tar.bz2
http://math.berkeley.edu/~schneck/ssmtp/ssmtp-2.60.4-2-src.tar.bz2

This may be your default behavior anyway: I think ssmtp-2.38.7 should
remain the previous version in this case.

Thanks!

Robert

David Fritz | 2 Feb 07:24 2004
Picon
Picon

Re: mingwex/getopt.c vs POSIXLY_CORRECT

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> danny_r_smith wrote:
> 
>> Hello
>>
>> This is a mingw issue, but effects cygwin -mno-cygwin apps (probably
>> setup) too so I cross-post to see what antipathy (a new word: as in
>> "antipathy rules, OK") I raise.
>>
>> The cygwin implementation of getopt and getopt_long effectively defaults
>> to POSIXLY_CORRECTness by virtue of: #define IS_POSIXLY_CORRECT 
>> (getenv("POSIXLY_INCORRECT_GETOPT") == NULL)
>>
>> Now, that environmental variable is bit strange to me, particularly in a
>> native environment such as mingw that doesn't have a clue about PC, I
>> propose this patch, for mingw subdir, so that the default implementation
>> of mingw's getopt matches the documentation in NetBSD man page. In
>> effect this means that the permute and in_order BSD extensions (the
>> latter also a default GNUC extension) are enabled for mingw.
> 
> 
> According to Chuck, this was only done because the default behaviour 
> broke strace under Cygwin.
> 

strace (and ssp) could be trivially fixed with a one character patch.

FWIW, I recently went through the entire archive of Cygwin mailing lists 
researching why this change was made. An analysis, my conclusions and a 
few patches (that have thus far been completely ignored) are here:
(Continue reading)

Dean Scarff | 2 Feb 07:51 2004

Re: [ITP] TeXmacs: A scientific wysiwyg Editor and Interface for Computer Algebra Systems

Andreas Seidl wrote:

> 
> Someone wanted more X-applications?
> 
> I would like to contribute and maintain TeXmacs:

> 
> ----- setup.hint -----
> sdesc: "A scientific wysiwyg Editor and Interface for Computer Algebra
> Systems."
> ldesc: " GNU TeXmacs is a free scientific text editor, which was both
> inspired by TeX and GNU Emacs. The editor allows you to write
> structured documents via a wysiwyg (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) and
> user friendly interface. New styles may be created by the user. The
> program implements high-quality typesetting algorithms and TeX fonts,
> which help you to produce professionally looking documents.
> 

I vote pro.

--

-- 
Dean

Lapo Luchini | 2 Feb 10:39 2004
Picon

Re: ccrypt review [Was: Pending Packages List, 2003-12-19]

seidlcw-hi6Y0CQ0nG0@... wrote:

> The .html file resides now in /usr/share/doc/ as well. The modified 
> package can be downloaded from
> 
> http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/ccrypt-1.6-2-src.tar.bz2 
> http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/ccrypt-1.6-2.tar.bz2 
> wget http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/setup.hint

Ops, sorry... I had flu. (very bad, 1 week and I still suffer...)

This seems a perfectly packaged package now, only "doubt" I have is that 
I don't know how to check these:

usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/jka-compr-ccrypt.el
usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/jka-compr-ccrypt.elc

but I guess it's perfectly normal, given that I know nothing about EMACS 0=)

Lapo

--

-- 
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@... (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)

Andreas Seidl | 2 Feb 11:57 2004
Picon
Picon

Re: ccrypt review [Was: Pending Packages List, 2003-12-19]

Lapo Luchini wrote:

> Ops, sorry... I had flu. (very bad, 1 week and I still suffer...)

Get well soon!

> This seems a perfectly packaged package now, only "doubt" I have is
> that I don't know how to check these:
> 
> usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/jka-compr-ccrypt.el 
> usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/jka-compr-ccrypt.elc

"Simply" add

(setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" load-path))
(require 'jka-compr-ccrypt "jka-compr-ccrypt.el")

to your .emacs file in your home directory. Then, if you open an
encrypted file, emacs will ask for a password. The first time you want
to save the buffer, emacs will ask again twice, but for later savings in
this session the password will be remembered. So far I have tested this
emacs mode only once, as I use this program mainly from the command line.

Andreas.
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/


Gmane