Ryan Schmidt | 2 Jul 02:57 2012

Re: [94838] trunk/dports


On Jul 1, 2012, at 14:55, afb@... wrote:

> Revision: 94838
>          https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94838
> Author:   afb@...
> Date:     2012-07-01 05:55:56 -0700 (Sun, 01 Jul 2012)
> Log Message:
> -----------
> xz: upgrade to 5.0.4
> 
> Stop splitting the port into a static xz and a shared liblzma,
> include everything in the "xz" port like done with bzip2 etc.
> Ignore the license and bloat issues that this brings, for now.
> Mark the "liblzma" port as being replaced_by the new xz port.

I thought it was nice having them split up, especially if liblzma is licensed differently from the xz
command line utilities.

But if splitting them up is no longer desired, then you also need to change any liblzma dependencies to xz in
all ports that have them, and increase their revisions. I just received an email about that for
ImageMagick, but I count 15 such ports. We can't have ports depending on ports that have been replaced_by
another port.

> Modified Paths:
> --------------
>    trunk/dports/archivers/xz/Portfile
>    trunk/dports/devel/liblzma/Portfile

(Continue reading)

Blair Zajac | 2 Jul 03:03 2012

Re: [94838] trunk/dports

On 07/01/2012 05:57 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> On Jul 1, 2012, at 14:55, afb@... wrote:
>
>> Revision: 94838
>>           https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94838
>> Author:   afb@...
>> Date:     2012-07-01 05:55:56 -0700 (Sun, 01 Jul 2012)
>> Log Message:
>> -----------
>> xz: upgrade to 5.0.4
>>
>> Stop splitting the port into a static xz and a shared liblzma,
>> include everything in the "xz" port like done with bzip2 etc.
>> Ignore the license and bloat issues that this brings, for now.
>> Mark the "liblzma" port as being replaced_by the new xz port.
>
> I thought it was nice having them split up, especially if liblzma is licensed differently from the xz
command line utilities.
>
> But if splitting them up is no longer desired, then you also need to change any liblzma dependencies to xz in
all ports that have them, and increase their revisions. I just received an email about that for
ImageMagick, but I count 15 such ports. We can't have ports depending on ports that have been replaced_by
another port.

Odd things happen now.

If you don't have liblzma or xz installed and you try to install 
ImageMagick, then it'll install liblzma (guessing for ImageMagick's 
dependency), then deactivate it and install xz (guessing for 
(Continue reading)

Blair Zajac | 2 Jul 03:05 2012

Re: [94838] trunk/dports

On 07/01/2012 06:03 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:
> On 07/01/2012 05:57 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 1, 2012, at 14:55, afb@... wrote:
>>
>>> Revision: 94838
>>>           https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94838
>>> Author:   afb@...
>>> Date:     2012-07-01 05:55:56 -0700 (Sun, 01 Jul 2012)
>>> Log Message:
>>> -----------
>>> xz: upgrade to 5.0.4
>>>
>>> Stop splitting the port into a static xz and a shared liblzma,
>>> include everything in the "xz" port like done with bzip2 etc.
>>> Ignore the license and bloat issues that this brings, for now.
>>> Mark the "liblzma" port as being replaced_by the new xz port.
>>
>> I thought it was nice having them split up, especially if liblzma is
>> licensed differently from the xz command line utilities.
>>
>> But if splitting them up is no longer desired, then you also need to
>> change any liblzma dependencies to xz in all ports that have them, and
>> increase their revisions. I just received an email about that for
>> ImageMagick, but I count 15 such ports. We can't have ports depending
>> on ports that have been replaced_by another port.
>
> Odd things happen now.
>
> If you don't have liblzma or xz installed and you try to install
(Continue reading)

Ryan Schmidt | 2 Jul 03:13 2012

Re: [94838] trunk/dports


On Jul 2, 2012, at 03:03, Blair Zajac wrote:

> If you don't have liblzma or xz installed and you try to install ImageMagick, then it'll install liblzma
(guessing for ImageMagick's dependency), then deactivate it and install xz (guessing for
ImageMagick's use_xz), and then link against xz's libraries instead of liblzma's.

Now that liblzma has been marked as replaced_by xz, it needs to be fixed to prevent installation. See 

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#replaced-by

or

http://guide.macports.org/#development.practices.rename-replace-port

or the "obsolete" portgroup.

> Could use_xz be updated to be satisfied by liblzma?

No; based on afb's intentions, it is not supposed to be possible to install liblzma anymore.

Anders F Björklund | 2 Jul 06:59 2012

Re: [94838] trunk/dports

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> xz: upgrade to 5.0.4
>> 
>> Stop splitting the port into a static xz and a shared liblzma,
>> include everything in the "xz" port like done with bzip2 etc.
>> Ignore the license and bloat issues that this brings, for now.
>> Mark the "liblzma" port as being replaced_by the new xz port.
> 
> I thought it was nice having them split up, especially if liblzma is licensed differently from the xz
command line utilities.

I thought so too, but that's not how things are done in MacPorts.

Actually I think the best would be to have liblzma included with
the system like it is in FreeBSD, but that's not happening and
MacPorts wouldn't use it anyway like it ignores zlib and bzip2.
So it's being made available in /usr/local, rather than /usr...

Feel free to hack the configure phase etc of liblzma, bumped rev.

--anders

Anders F Björklund | 2 Jul 07:04 2012

Re: [94838] trunk/dports

Blair Zajac wrote:

> If you don't have liblzma or xz installed and you try to install ImageMagick, then it'll install liblzma
(guessing for ImageMagick's dependency), then deactivate it and install xz (guessing for
ImageMagick's use_xz), and then link against xz's libraries instead of liblzma's.
> 
> Could use_xz be updated to be satisfied by liblzma?

That sounds totally wrong, use_xz is being satisfied by bin:xz:xz
like it has always been. The "liblzma" port only provided liblzma.

If port can't handle replaced dependencies, I guess they would need
to be replaced manually (i.e. swapping "liblzma" depends for "xz")

The actual library is the same, anyway.

--anders

Eric A. Borisch | 2 Jul 19:02 2012

New PPL breaks gcc4*. (Also: trac e-mail notifications missing/delayed?)

Just wanted to raise the visibility on this one.
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35057

Most (all?) gcc4* ports expect PPL version 0.(>=11); The new PPL is
version 1.0 (gcc4* builds break) with a new dylib (rev-upgrade hits,
forces a re-build doomed to fail).

I don't seem to be getting (CC:) e-mails from trac, either, FWIW.
Perhaps they're just delayed.

 -Eric
Eric A. Borisch | 2 Jul 19:36 2012

Re: New PPL breaks gcc4*. (Also: trac e-mail notifications missing/delayed?)

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Eric A. Borisch <eborisch@...> wrote:
> I don't seem to be getting (CC:) e-mails from trac, either, FWIW.
> Perhaps they're just delayed.

Scratch that; one just showed up.

The gcc issue remains.
Craig Treleaven | 2 Jul 22:25 2012
Picon

Re: [MacPorts] #34900: mythtv-core.25

At 9:22 AM -0400 6/19/12, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>At 9:19 AM -0700 6/17/12, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>On Jun 17, 2012, at 9:03 AM, MacPorts wrote:
>>  > BTW, I realize the attached files are formatted with tabs.  I can convert
>>>  to spaces easily enough and re-submit, if desired.
>>
>>If you do choose the replace attachments of the same name.
>
>OK done.  Sorry, I'm new to the process--what needs to happen to get 
>this committed?
>
Hi:

It has been two weeks; I have a couple of folks who would like to try 
out this port.  Could we please get it reviewed?

Craig

Ryan Schmidt | 3 Jul 04:40 2012

Re: [94914] trunk/dports/php/php5-midgard2/Portfile


On Jul 2, 2012, at 06:19, jwa@... wrote:

> Revision: 94914
>          https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94914
> Author:   jwa@...
> Date:     2012-07-02 04:19:42 -0700 (Mon, 02 Jul 2012)
> Log Message:
> -----------
> version bump to 10.05.7, change download site, fix livecheck, add license
> 
> Modified Paths:
> --------------
>    trunk/dports/php/php5-midgard2/Portfile
> 
> Modified: trunk/dports/php/php5-midgard2/Portfile
> ===================================================================
> --- trunk/dports/php/php5-midgard2/Portfile	2012-07-02 10:56:55 UTC (rev 94913)
> +++ trunk/dports/php/php5-midgard2/Portfile	2012-07-02 11:19:42 UTC (rev 94914)
>  <at>  <at>  -4,7 +4,8  <at>  <at> 
> PortSystem 1.0
> 
> name		php5-midgard2
> -version		10.05.6
> +version		10.05.7
> +license		GPL-2
> 
> categories	php
> maintainers	jwa
>  <at>  <at>  -14,14 +15,14  <at>  <at> 
(Continue reading)


Gmane