Platonides | 1 Aug 01:10 2010
Picon

Re: deploy wiki tree?

Quiring, Sam wrote:
> I've tried dumpHTML.  Our pages all have a sidebar off the the left.
> dumpHTML dumps this sidebar along with the true page content.  I need an
> automatic way to eliminate this sidebar.
> 
> Our sidebar has a link, Printable version, that displays the page
> without the sidebar.  Is there any way to get dumpHTML (or the
> Collections extension) to click this link and dump the resulting page?

It is done on purpose. Look at how you can type an existing article name
in the search box and be sent to it.
To change the skin edit SkinOffline.php
jidanni | 1 Aug 03:08 2010

Re: MediaWiki version statistics

>>>>> "TS" == Tim Starling <tstarling <at> wikimedia.org> writes:
TS> On 31/07/10 00:24, Steve VanSlyck wrote:
>> "Dial home" or "phone home" is a euphimism from the movie ET.

TS> If it was a reference to ET I would have said "phone" not "dial". It
TS> could, however, be a reference to Stargate.

TS> -- Tim Starling

Tim, I posted my reply to
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=19540#c18
as your blog blocks Taiwan users and is WONTFIX
Alok Watve | 1 Aug 06:10 2010
Picon

Re: Help with "Hello World" extension

Thanks a lot for the help (And patience).
The page cache is now cleared but even after the refresh, I still see
the original wiki command as the final result. I don't know what to
do.
I will try to get permission on the log files (its not my system)

Alok

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Ross McKay <rosko <at> zeta.org.au> wrote:
> Jan Luca wrote:
>
>>I don't create a parser extension, but on special pages you output a text
>>with $wgOut->addWiki( '<wikitext>' ); or $wgOut->addHtml( '<html text>' );
>
> With special pages, the extension is creating the whole page and must
> feed all of the output. With tag and parser extensions, the extension is
> only handling a magic word and must return either wikitext to be further
> parsed or HTML to be directly embedded in the output.
> --
> Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
> Man's Prayer:
> "I'm a man, but I can change.
>  If I have to.
>  I guess." - Red Green
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
(Continue reading)

Michael Kingery (HL7 | 1 Aug 06:16 2010

Re: Protect tab not working the way I expected

No, I don't think it's not a wrong message, it's not working correctly.
It is correctly telling me that the page is protected; the problem is
that it's still letting me edit the page despite that. It should stop me
from editing it because I'm not logged in as a sysop.

Mike Kingery
Director of Technical Services
Health Level Seven International
+1 (919) 636-4032

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces <at> lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces <at> lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
church.of.emacs.ml
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 5:53 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Protect tab not working the way I expected

On 07/30/2010 09:04 PM, Michael Kingery (HL7) wrote:
> WARNING: This page has been locked so that only users with sysop
> privileges can edit it.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but if it's simply a wrong
interface message, you can fix it by editing this page on your wiki:

MediaWiki:Protectedpagewarning
Michael Kingery (HL7 | 1 Aug 06:18 2010

Re: Protect tab not working the way I expected

Are there any notes that indicate that this issue has been corrected by
a more recent release?

Shouldn't the protect prevent you from editing a page that has been
protected? It says that the page can only be edited by a Sysop, but it's
allowing anyone to edit it.

Mike Kingery
Director of Technical Services
Health Level Seven International
+1 (919) 636-4032

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces <at> lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces <at> lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Platonides
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 6:49 PM
To: mediawiki-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Protect tab not working the way I expected

Michael Kingery (HL7) wrote:
> Here's the basic information about my install:
> 
> MediaWiki         1.12.0
> PHP                 5
> Database          MySQL
> 
> What I'm looking to do is to allow any user with edit permissions to
be
> able to Protect a page so that only Sysops are able to edit /
unprotect
(Continue reading)

Alok Watve | 1 Aug 06:21 2010
Picon

Re: Help with "Hello World" extension

Hello Ross,

I think I found the problem. It was related to the file encoding on
Windows/Unix system.I was editing the file in windows and running it
on Unix. I was using FTP to transfer the files and Filezilla was set
to use "Automatic"transfer mode. I forced it to "binary" and that
solved the problem.

Thanks a ton for your help and patience. I really appreciate it,
Alok

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Alok Watve <alok.watve <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the help (And patience).
> The page cache is now cleared but even after the refresh, I still see
> the original wiki command as the final result. I don't know what to
> do.
> I will try to get permission on the log files (its not my system)
>
> Alok
>
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Ross McKay <rosko <at> zeta.org.au> wrote:
>> Jan Luca wrote:
>>
>>>I don't create a parser extension, but on special pages you output a text
>>>with $wgOut->addWiki( '<wikitext>' ); or $wgOut->addHtml( '<html text>' );
>>
>> With special pages, the extension is creating the whole page and must
>> feed all of the output. With tag and parser extensions, the extension is
>> only handling a magic word and must return either wikitext to be further
>> parsed or HTML to be directly embedded in the output.
(Continue reading)

Ross McKay | 1 Aug 06:36 2010
Picon

Re: Help with "Hello World" extension

Alok Watve wrote:

>I think I found the problem. It was related to the file encoding on
>Windows/Unix system.I was editing the file in windows and running it
>on Unix. I was using FTP to transfer the files and Filezilla was set
>to use "Automatic"transfer mode. I forced it to "binary" and that
>solved the problem.

Yay! Bugs you when it's something like that, eh? Best of luck building
the real extension now :)
--

-- 
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"The documentation and sample application having failed me,
 I resort to thinking. This desperate tactic works, and I
 resolve that problem and go on to the next"
 - Michael Swaine,  "Programming Paradigms",  Dr Dobb's Journal
Benjamin Lees | 1 Aug 14:34 2010
Picon

Re: Protect tab not working the way I expected

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Michael Kingery (HL7) <mkingery <at> hl7.org> wrote:
> No, I don't think it's not a wrong message, it's not working correctly.
> It is correctly telling me that the page is protected; the problem is
> that it's still letting me edit the page despite that. It should stop me
> from editing it because I'm not logged in as a sysop.

You gave all logged-in users the right to edit protected page with this line:
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['protect'] = true;
Remove that line if that's not what you want.
K. Peachey | 1 Aug 14:37 2010
Picon

Re: Protect tab not working the way I expected

You may be looking for something like:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRestrictionLevels
Anne Wilson | 1 Aug 19:18 2010
Picon

Associating an openid account with an existing user account

Can someone please point me to any reading about this subject?  So far I
haven't found anything that explains how to do it.  I tried the obvious,
from my user account preferences, but when I gave my openid account name I
was told that it belonged to someone else - so obviously this is not the way
to do it :-)

Anne
--

-- 
KDE Community Working Group
New to KDE Software? -
get help from http://userbase.kde.org

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l <at> lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Gmane