LINUX CLUSTER ADMINISTRATOR
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with us. Get started!
This position Manages the High Performance Computing (HPC) Clusters for the Company's Technical Center. Provides user, software and hardware support to Engineering Analysts, their Workstations and the HPC Clusters. Assists IT group with other service requests, projects and user support. Interfaces with other divisions as needed.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Provide hardware support for servers in HPC Distributed and vSMP Clusters.
• Install and configure new servers in HPC Clusters.
• Install, update and troubleshoot Cluster management software on Distributed Cluster.
• Install, update and configure vSMP foundation software on vSMP Cluster
• Install and maintain the analysis software running on the HPC Clusters.
• Provide hardware support for workstations used by Analysts.
• Install and maintain software running on Analysis workstations.
• Troubleshoot OS and workload manager problems affecting analysis jobs running on HPC Clusters.
• Troubleshoot OS and software configuration problems Analysts have on their workstations.
• Assist IT group with other projects and service requests.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or technically equivalent preferred
• 5+ years’ experience with Linux/UNIX system administration
• Familiar with High Performance Computing (HPC) concepts, Beowulf Cluster configuration and management
• Familiar with installing and updating engineering and analysis applications
• Familiar with HPC resource managers and batch scheduling
• Experienced writing scripts (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.) to automate system administration tasks
• Experience troubleshooting server hardware problems and replacing/installing hardware components like memory and disk drives
• Compelling customer service ethic
Bri Hatch, Systems and Security Engineer. http://www.ifokr.org/bri/
I have a deep and profound love for this new licensing set
up. I get all misty even writing about it.