DAMA Phoenix Welcomes Bill Belknap
2007-09-12 21:48:36 GMT
We're excited to have William C. Belknap, Author, National DAMA Conference Speaker, and Career Coach, join us on November 15th, 2007! There are a few opportunities still available for your organization to participate in this event.
If you'd like to SPONSOR a table or HOST THE EVENT please contact Melanie Pai 480-678-0407 mel <at> techmavin.net, before November 1st.
Also, be sure to RSVP for your organization or team as soon as possible! Details Below:
Please welcome William C. Belknap
National DAMA Conference Speaker and Career Coach
The "Seven Secrets" To Managing A Successful Technical Career for Data Management Professionals
- And How They Are Similar To Designing A Data Governance Program -
November 15, 2007 1 - 5PM
1. Competence âª What is it? âªâª Technical vs Managerial vs Leadership âª How do I know if I have it? âª Am I hiding it? âª How do I get more of it?
2. Networking âª NOT the kind associated with looking for a job. âª How networking can help improve your competence. âª How it can help your employer. âª How to do it when there never seems to be enough time to do it. âª Why it has to become a way of life.
3. Interviewing skills âª NOT interviewing outside your company but inside. âª Most common interviewing mistakes professionals make when interviewing internally.
4. Building alliances âª One of the most critical skills you need to master inside your company.
5. Mentoring âª Formal mentoring versus informal mentoring and why you need to do both.
6. Self promotion âª Politically correct and incorrect ways to "toot your own horn."
7. Volunteering âª Why you should never have to ask, "why wasn't I picked to be on that task force?" âª TIPS on when to volunteer and when not to.
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured