Graham Perrin | 6 Apr 10:01 2009
Picon
Picon

[chandler-dev] What is your experience using code from Open Source Application Foundation?


FYI

I stumbled across
<http://www.mahalo.com/answers/technology-and-internet/what-is-your-experience-using-code-from-open-source-application-foundation> 
--

-- 
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/What-is-your-experience-using-code-from-Open-Source-Application-Foundation--tp2591810p2591810.html
Sent from the chandler-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev

Jacob Floyd | 11 Apr 00:33 2009
Picon

[chandler-dev] chandlerdb and pylucene-2.4.1-1

Hey Andi (and anyone else who can give some input),

Does chandlerdb 0.7-37 work with pylucene-2.4.1 or 2.4.*? I've just
built chandlerdb against the osaf patched db, and pylucene-2.4.1 and
get the following error when running the tests:

=== Start snippet of test output ===
======================================================================
ERROR: testZlibEncrypted (tests.TestText.TestText)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/tests/TestText.py",
line 30, in setUp
  super(TestText, self).setUp()
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/util/RepositoryTestCase.py",
line 44, in setUp
  self._openRepository(ramdb)
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/util/RepositoryTestCase.py",
line 34, in _openRepository
  self.rep.create(ramdb=self.ramdb, refcounted=True)
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/persistence/DBRepository.py",
line 119, in create
  self._create(**kwds)
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/persistence/DBRepository.py",
line 175, in _create
  self.store.open(**kwds)
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/persistence/DBRepository.py",
line 1119, in open
  self._index.open("__index.db", txn, **kwds)
 File "/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/chandlerdb-0.7.37/work/chandler-1.0.2/internal/chandlerdb/chandlerdb/persistence/LuceneContainer.py",
(Continue reading)

Andi Vajda | 11 Apr 00:53 2009

Re: [chandler-dev] chandlerdb and pylucene-2.4.1-1


On Apr 10, 2009, at 15:33, Jacob Floyd <techgurufloyd+osaf <at> gmail.com>  
wrote:

> Hey Andi (and anyone else who can give some input),
>
> Does chandlerdb 0.7-37 work with pylucene-2.4.1 or 2.4.*?

No, probably not since I changed array support in JCC in version 2.0.

That part of the Lucene store extensions needs to be reworked.
The changes should be minimal, look at the svn history of PyLucene's  
test_PythonDirectory.py.

But, to do this properly, one needs to take on the task of upgrading  
PyLucene in the chandler build.

Given, at least, that no new functionality is introduced by this  
upgrade that chandler lacks or desires, I don't think you'll get much  
interest in it.

Andi..

> I've just
> built chandlerdb against the osaf patched db, and pylucene-2.4.1 and
> get the following error when running the tests:
>
> === Start snippet of test output ===
> ======================================================================
> ERROR: testZlibEncrypted (tests.TestText.TestText)
(Continue reading)

Jacob Floyd | 12 Apr 05:27 2009
Picon

Re: [chandler-dev] chandlerdb and pylucene-2.4.1-1

> That part of the Lucene store extensions needs to be reworked.
> The changes should be minimal, look at the svn history of PyLucene's
> test_PythonDirectory.py.

That seems to have been just the ticket I needed. Based on the various changes visible in svn, I made a patch
for chandlerdb/persistence/LuceneContainer.py which is attached (I hope that's ok on this list, if not
let me know, and I'll post it some other way) It seems to work for me, all the tests apparently pass, but
please do a sanity check on what I changed.

> But, to do this properly, one needs to take on the task of upgrading
> PyLucene in the chandler build.
>
> Given, at least, that no new functionality is introduced by this
> upgrade that chandler lacks or desires, I don't think you'll get much
> interest in it.

ok. Well we'll see what happens with this patch then. Thanks for looking it over.

Thank you,
Jacob Floyd
Attachment (LuceneContainer.py.diff): application/octet-stream, 2930 bytes
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev
Jacob Floyd | 12 Apr 05:50 2009
Picon

Re: [chandler-dev] chandlerdb and pylucene-2.4.1-1

With the patch I sent, I get all oks, but there's some extra output, that I don't know if I should worry about,
or if it's normal. Here's the output from some of the tests (What I skipped passed with a simple ok, or was
clearly intended output). Thanks again for all your help!

running test
running egg_info
writing chandlerdb.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to chandlerdb.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to chandlerdb.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'chandlerdb.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
writing manifest file 'chandlerdb.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/chandlerdb/util/c.so -> chandlerdb/util
copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/chandlerdb/schema/c.so -> chandlerdb/schema
copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/chandlerdb/item/c.so -> chandlerdb/item
copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/chandlerdb/persistence/c.so -> chandlerdb/persistence
testDifference (tests.TestAbstractSets.TestAbstractSets) ... ok
testDuplicate (tests.TestAbstractSets.TestAbstractSets) ... Set
'Union((UUID('04lQcoD517u8Gg00PNUgx6'), 'set'), (UUID('04nwswD517u8Gg00PNUgx6'), 'set'))',
value of attribute 'set' on <Movie: m2 0116d0ca-2714-11de-8a90-000cf1e10846> has duplicated source
(<Movie: m4 01184572-2714-11de-8a90-000cf1e10846>, writers)
ok
testFilter (tests.TestAbstractSets.TestAbstractSets) ... ok
testIntersection (tests.TestAbstractSets.TestAbstractSets) ... ok
''' SNIP '''
testDeferredReindexing (tests.TestIndexes.TestIndexes) ... Attributes (('frenchTitle',
'title')) in index (<Actor: KHepburn 0dd312c4-2714-11de-8a90-000cf1e10846>, movies, f) are
correlated but the kind of the items being indexed is not declared. This correlation will not be heeded
during view merges
ok
(Continue reading)

Andi Vajda | 12 Apr 06:39 2009

Re: [chandler-dev] chandlerdb and pylucene-2.4.1-1


On Apr 11, 2009, at 20:27, Jacob Floyd
<techgurufloyd+osaf@...>  
wrote:

>> That part of the Lucene store extensions needs to be reworked.
>> The changes should be minimal, look at the svn history of PyLucene's
>> test_PythonDirectory.py.
>
> That seems to have been just the ticket I needed. Based on the  
> various changes visible in svn, I made a patch for chandlerdb/ 
> persistence/LuceneContainer.py which is attached (I hope that's ok  
> on this list, if not let me know, and I'll post it some other way)

That's definitely ok. This is what this list is for.

> It seems to work for me, all the tests apparently pass, but please  
> do a sanity check on what I changed.

Yes, these changes are the ones I'd expect. All looks familiar.

>> But, to do this properly, one needs to take on the task of upgrading
>> PyLucene in the chandler build.
>>
>> Given, at least, that no new functionality is introduced by this
>> upgrade that chandler lacks or desires, I don't think you'll get much
>> interest in it.
>
> ok. Well we'll see what happens with this patch then. Thanks for  
> looking it over.
(Continue reading)

Andi Vajda | 12 Apr 06:41 2009

Re: [chandler-dev] chandlerdb and pylucene-2.4.1-1


On Apr 11, 2009, at 20:50, Jacob Floyd
<techgurufloyd+osaf@...>  
wrote:

> With the patch I sent, I get all oks, but there's some extra output,  
> that I don't know if I should worry about, or if it's normal. Here's  
> the output from some of the tests (What I skipped passed with a  
> simple ok, or was clearly intended output). Thanks again for all  
> your help!

The extra output looks familiar. The patch you wrote should only  
affect one or two tests anyway. Nothing looks unusual here.

Andi..

>
>
> running test
> running egg_info
> writing chandlerdb.egg-info/PKG-INFO
> writing top-level names to chandlerdb.egg-info/top_level.txt
> writing dependency_links to chandlerdb.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
> reading manifest file 'chandlerdb.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> writing manifest file 'chandlerdb.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> running build_ext
> copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/chandlerdb/util/c.so -> chandlerdb/ 
> util
> copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.5/chandlerdb/schema/c.so ->  
> chandlerdb/schema
(Continue reading)

Graham Perrin | 14 Apr 11:10 2009
Picon
Picon

[chandler-dev] Architecture of Chandler Desktop: repository: supporting Spotlight and Windows Search


In Bugzilla, I have seeded two enhancements:

support Microsoft Windows Search (formerly Windows Desktop Search)
<https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12777> 

support Spotlight on Mac OS X
<https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12778>

A quick question: 

* do both of those fit well with current and future/imagined architectures of Chandler Desktop?

I don't imagine either enhancement being realised in the near future. Just checking, early, that both are
feasible. 

FWIW, on the Mac OS X side: 

* I recall some discussion of SQLite in #chandler or #cosmo

* beyond Chandler: reading
<http://www.wuala.com/grahamperrin/public/2009/04/11/evernote-fsc-001.png> (referred from
<http://groups.diigo.com/web2/bookmark/tag/Evernote>) alongside comments re: Evernote and
SQLite and Python, I imagine that things should be fine if things go down an SQLite path

* I'd like to give more thought to interop with e.g. Apple Mail.app

* not forgetting <https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12603>.

Best, 
(Continue reading)

Grant Baillie | 16 Apr 01:28 2009

[chandler-dev] Chandler Desktop 1.0.3 released

The Chandler Project is pleased to announce the release of Chandler  
Desktop 1.0.3!

The Chandler Project is an open source, standards-based information  
manager designed for personal use and small group collaboration.

Chandler Desktop 1.0.3 is a bug fix update to the previous release,  
1.0.3. For more information, see the following blog post:

http://blog.chandlerproject.org/2009/04/15/chandler-103/

Chandler Desktop 1.0.3 is available for download for Windows, Mac, and  
Linux at:

http://chandlerproject.org/download

Additional information is available from the Chandler Project homepage.

Thanks for your interest in Chandler Desktop!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev

Robbie MacKay | 25 Apr 00:06 2009

[chandler-dev] Building Chandler 2 on Windows without Visual Studio

Hey,
I'm interested in getting involved in the development of Chandler.
But I can only find instructions on setting up a build environment in 
Linux (http://chandlerproject.org/Developers/ChandlerTwoSetup)
Has anyone managed to get Chandler 2 to build in windows?
Is there anyway to build it using Cygwin & gcc rather than Microsoft 
Visual Studio .NET 2003 ??
I've made some attempts but I'm not having much luck so wondering if 
anyone can give me some pointers?
Thanks,
Robbie MacKay.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev


Gmane