Thomas | 5 Aug 12:43 2005
Picon

RP 8 install

Hi All:
I have a new Installation of eCS 1.2 on my machine.  I am in the process 
of trying to get my "SB Live! 24bit" sound card to work with UniAud 
drivers.  Roderick says it should work. 
The best that I could accomplish with this combo was,  some entries were 
added in the MMPM2.ini file and some new tabs were added to the 
Multimedia Setup Notebook.  So far,  the Hardware Manager gives no 
indication of knowing about it.
Unimix is not usable because several .dll files were not delivered with 
the s/w package.  I was told that "LIBC06x" was needed, and I have it in 
place.  Now Unimix says it needs "LIBC04" as well.
ODIN is installed.  Version 20020627. 
I have now turned my attention to getting the Sound Card working and 
installing Real Player. 
Does anybody know if it makes a difference which is installed first?
Isn't there an installation program for Real Player?  Or what's the best 
way to install Real Player?

Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org

Leo Koelemij | 5 Aug 13:24 2005
Picon

Re: RP 8 install

Thomas,

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:43:23 +0200, Thomas wrote:

> Hi All:
> I have a new Installation of eCS 1.2 on my machine.  I am in the process 
> of trying to get my "SB Live! 24bit" sound card to work with UniAud 
> drivers.  Roderick says it should work. 
> The best that I could accomplish with this combo was,  some entries were 
> added in the MMPM2.ini file and some new tabs were added to the 
> Multimedia Setup Notebook.  So far,  the Hardware Manager gives no 
> indication of knowing about it.
> Unimix is not usable because several .dll files were not delivered with 
> the s/w package.  I was told that "LIBC06x" was needed, and I have it in 
> place.  Now Unimix says it needs "LIBC04" as well.

I know nothing of Sound Blaster, ask Roderick.

> ODIN is installed.  Version 20020627. 

Right

> I have now turned my attention to getting the Sound Card working and 
> installing Real Player. 
> Does anybody know if it makes a difference which is installed first?

I think it does not matter.

> Isn't there an installation program for Real Player?  Or what's the best 
> way to install Real Player?
(Continue reading)

Jimmy Williams | 5 Aug 16:16 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: RP 8 install

It does matter!!!
Neither ODIN nor any of its applications have the ability
to fix a defective hardware facility.  All RealPlayer releases
expect that the user has correctly operating Display and
Sound facilities before one attempts to install their product.
If your sound or display facilities are not functioning
normally under native OS2 then don't even bother with  things
like RealPLayer, WinAmp or even WarpVision.

JW

Leo Koelemij wrote:

>Thomas,
>
>
>On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:43:23 +0200, Thomas wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Hi All:
>>I have a new Installation of eCS 1.2 on my machine.  I am in the process 
>>of trying to get my "SB Live! 24bit" sound card to work with UniAud 
>>drivers.  Roderick says it should work. 
>>The best that I could accomplish with this combo was,  some entries were 
>>added in the MMPM2.ini file and some new tabs were added to the 
>>Multimedia Setup Notebook.  So far,  the Hardware Manager gives no 
>>indication of knowing about it.
>>Unimix is not usable because several .dll files were not delivered with 
>>the s/w package.  I was told that "LIBC06x" was needed, and I have it in 
(Continue reading)

Steve Wendt | 5 Aug 18:43 2005

Re: RP 8 install

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Jimmy Williams wrote:

> If your sound or display facilities are not functioning
> normally under native OS2 then don't even bother with  things
> like RealPLayer, WinAmp or even WarpVision.

??? I think they'll work fine without sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org

Thomas | 5 Aug 21:13 2005
Picon

Re: RP 8 install

Steve Wendt wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Jimmy Williams wrote:
>
>> If your sound or display facilities are not functioning
>> normally under native OS2 then don't even bother with  things
>> like RealPLayer, WinAmp or even WarpVision.
>
>
> ??? I think they'll work fine without sound.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org
>
>
Steve:
You may be correct.  But I sorta had my heart set on a hearing a Radio 
Program from the USA every week day.  Which would defeat the whole 
purpose for installing and getting Real Player to run on my PC.

Thomas 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org

Thomas | 9 Aug 22:36 2005
Picon

Real Player File Question

Hi All:
I have a RP installer and the installer wants to know how many RP 
....setup.exe files are sutable for ODIN ?
I don't know!  There are two on my PC.  One is "rp8-setup.exe" and the 
other is "rp8-standard-u1-setup.exe".
"Rp8-setup.exe" is 5,136,384 byts big.  And "rp8-standard-u1-setup.exe" 
is 10,995,200 bytes big.  I think "standard-u1" is from Real Networks 
archive.

Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org

Ed Durrant | 9 Aug 23:26 2005
Picon

Re: Real Player File Question


Thomas wrote:

> Hi All:
> I have a RP installer and the installer wants to know how many RP 
> ....setup.exe files are sutable for ODIN ?
> I don't know!  There are two on my PC.  One is "rp8-setup.exe" and the 
> other is "rp8-standard-u1-setup.exe".
> "Rp8-setup.exe" is 5,136,384 byts big.  And 
> "rp8-standard-u1-setup.exe" is 10,995,200 bytes big.  I think 
> "standard-u1" is from Real Networks archive.
>
> Thomas
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
RP8-setup.exe is the one I have always used. I'm not sure what the other 
one you refer to is !

Cheers/2

Ed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org

Alan Beagley | 14 Aug 04:15 2005
Picon
Picon

RealPlayer and Mozilla

I've read the stuff here about getting RP8 to work, and I've 
accomplished that: "PE REALPLAY.EXE" works.

What I haven't managed to accomplish is to get RP8 activated when I go 
to a Web site where I would expect it to be invoked. Is RP8 supposed to 
set up as a plugin or as a helper app? In either case, how?

-=-
Alan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org

Mike Forester | 14 Aug 05:11 2005
Picon

Re: RealPlayer and Mozilla

Alan Beagley wrote:
> I've read the stuff here about getting RP8 to work, and I've 
> accomplished that: "PE REALPLAY.EXE" works.
> 
> What I haven't managed to accomplish is to get RP8 activated when I go 
> to a Web site where I would expect it to be invoked. Is RP8 supposed to 
> set up as a plugin or as a helper app? In either case, how?

It can't run as a plugin, obviously.  To use PE, you should write a 
batch file along the lines of

        <at> echo off
       x:
       cd "\program files\real\realplayer"
       pe realplay.exe "%1"

Then when you encounter a .ra, .rm or .ram file, tell Mozilla to use 
that .cmd file to open it, and check the box that says "always use this 
program to open files of this type".  If the site insists on using a 
plugin, as many if not most do nowadays, you're out of luck, unless you 
want to look through the HTML source and find the name of the actual 
media file, which you can then copy and paste into RealPlayer manually, 
and which may or may not work.

What will run as a plugin for Real media files, with unpredictable 
results, is WarpVision GUI.  I've actually seen it work quite nicely, 
but not very often.

--

-- 
Mike Forester <forester <at> panix.com>
(Continue reading)

Thomas | 27 Aug 08:09 2005
Picon

Real Player yet again

Hi:
I havn't had much to say for many moons because I've started over from 
scratch with ODIN and Real Player.  And I quickly came to an impass.  
What Sound Card should I use?  I have the following SB cards:  AWE32, 
AWE64, SB 4.1 digital and SB Live 24bit.
At this point I only know what doesn't work.  SB Live with UniAud does 
not work as advertised. 
I'm getting kind of nervious because I and some friends want to watch a 
WebCast on the 24 - 25 Sept.  Since there is a six hour difference in 
time my friends thought I should volunteer to record it.  Which brings 
up another question.  Where is the RECORD button in Real Player?  Or is 
that an extra cost option?  Or what would be the best way to delay the 
WebCast to be viewed at a more convienient time?

Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: odin-user-unsubscribe <at> netlabs.org
For additional commands, e-mail: odin-user-help <at> netlabs.org


Gmane