seeking group comment and input
2007-07-02 03:34:42 GMT
regarding Creative Commons topics raised in this Flickr Forum thread (700+ posts in 3 days)
A few salient Creative Commons topics excerpted from the thread:
- since Flickr does not allow photo-specific CC version specification (just 1 of the 6 license-types, not version), how does a Flickr user specify a version they want to apply to a specific photo; how does a user prevent Flickr from automatically upgrading the CC version without their consent?
- whether PictureSandbox is a licensee of the photo in the case where the photo appears as a thumbnail in search results presented on the PictureSandbox website (which uses the Flickr API to return such results), even if just for a moment
- whether PictureSandbox overlaying a watermark in search results (which says (CC) image owner's name) constitutes a "derivative work" and therefore "use" of the photo
- whether PictureSandbox is the licensee in the case where a user uses the "phreetings" (photo + greeting) interface on the PictureSandbox website ( http://www.picturesandbox.com/card ) to create a phreeting and send it to a friend, or whether the user is the licensee of the photo
- whether PictureSandbox is responsible for policing the contents of a CC-licensed image to ensure it does not contain someone else's copyrighted work (i.e. someone stealing someone else's photo and uploading to Flickr, and applying a CC license to it)
- can PictureSandbox witness/notarize a Creative Commons license between image owner (the licensor) and the user (the Licensee) when the image owner is not made aware of this?
I look forward to input and help from this community. There are lots of open topics and questions that may have never been asked before.
thank you all in advance,
_______________________________________________ cc-licenses mailing list cc-licenses@... http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/cc-licenses