Paul van der Vlis | 1 Aug 10:31 2005
Picon

NX-client config

Hello,

I am new to Thinstation 2.1.1 and I have some questions about the config 
of the NX-client in thinstation.conf.network.

I have problems with lines with a "-" in it, like:
SESSION_1_NX_ADVANCED_DISABLE_TCP_NO-DELAY="false"

This kind of lines gives an error in the terminal in the client after 
logging in, and don't come into the config-file.

Further I have problems with groupnames with a space in it. When the 
groupname is 'share chosen' and the config line is 'share number="0"', 
it must become something like this:
SESSION_1_NX_SHARE_CHOSEN_SHARE_NUMBER="0"

But this makes a groupname of 'share' and a config line 'chosen share 
number="0"', what is wrong.

Further I am wondering that I cannot change the username. NXclient 
always says "root", even when I use:
SESSION_1_NX_LOGIN_AUTH="EMPTY_PASSWORD"
SESSION_1_NX_LOGIN_USER="paul"

I am glad with any help ;-)

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.
Groningen, Netherlands.

(Continue reading)

Paul van der Vlis | 1 Aug 11:31 2005
Picon

Adding a /root/.ssh/known_hosts

Hello,

I want to add a /root/.ssh/known_hosts file to my client. How can this 
be done?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
Trevor Batley | 1 Aug 13:43 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: NX-client config

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 10:31 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I am new to Thinstation 2.1.1 and I have some questions about the config 
> of the NX-client in thinstation.conf.network.
> 
> I have problems with lines with a "-" in it, like:
> SESSION_1_NX_ADVANCED_DISABLE_TCP_NO-DELAY="false"
> 
> This kind of lines gives an error in the terminal in the client after 
> logging in, and don't come into the config-file.

What error?
I can't see anything particularly wrong with the script, but that
doesn't mean there isn't....:^)
> 
> Further I have problems with groupnames with a space in it. When the 
> groupname is 'share chosen' and the config line is 'share number="0"', 
> it must become something like this:
> SESSION_1_NX_SHARE_CHOSEN_SHARE_NUMBER="0"
> 
> But this makes a groupname of 'share' and a config line 'chosen share 
> number="0"', what is wrong.

A bit hard to determine where the break will happen.... At the moment it
assumes that groups are one word, unless they are 'known'. That one
isn't tagged as a 'known' dual word group. Do you know of any others?

If you are building locally (on a linux box), you can hack the nx.init
script (in packages/nx/etc) and add SHARE into line 42 (ie. 'VNC|
(Continue reading)

B.J. Kramer | 1 Aug 13:51 2005

Re: placing icons on desktop selectively

Yes, you're absolutely right, so that's what I did. In fact, as I only 
really need ICA (and ICA_MGR), I made icons for those two, and also 
xterm. I did that because I want access to firefox, a command line, and 
microcom (serial port terminal emulator which I added myself) purely for 
diagnostic purposes in case a user has trouble connecting.

Thanx for the help,
-B.J.

TechFan wrote:
> I am not near my build environment.  It is possible to select which 
> items have desktop items. . .by specifying ON with the icon settings on 
> each item.  Maybe someone else has this syntax near them. . .
> 
> B.J. Kramer wrote:
> 
>> I like the way programs are placed in the blackbox menu, but I really 
>> like having my ICA session icons on the desktop. It seems I have two 
>> choices:
>> 1) all apps (including ICA sessions) show up the menu
>> 2) all apps (including ICA sessions) show up on the desktop
>>
>> Is there any way I can get all the apps in the menu, but my ICA 
>> sessions on the desktop? If I set ICONMODE=Manual (globally), the 
>> programs don't exist on the desktop or in the right-click menu.
>>
>> Possible?
>>
>> -B.J.
>>
(Continue reading)

Paul van der Vlis | 1 Aug 14:23 2005
Picon

Re: NX-client config

Trevor Batley schreef:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 10:31 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> 
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am new to Thinstation 2.1.1 and I have some questions about the config 
>>of the NX-client in thinstation.conf.network.
>>
>>I have problems with lines with a "-" in it, like:
>>SESSION_1_NX_ADVANCED_DISABLE_TCP_NO-DELAY="false"
>>
>>This kind of lines gives an error in the terminal in the client after 
>>logging in, and don't come into the config-file.
> 
> What error?

/etc/thinstation.network: 37:
SESSION_1_NX_ADVANCED_DISABLE_TCP_NO-DELAY=false: not found

> I can't see anything particularly wrong with the script, but that
> doesn't mean there isn't....:^)

It has to do with the "-" sign. "rdp optimization for low-bandwidth
link" gives the same problem. Can you make a line with a "-" sign in it?

>>Further I have problems with groupnames with a space in it. When the 
>>groupname is 'share chosen' and the config line is 'share number="0"', 
>>it must become something like this:
>>SESSION_1_NX_SHARE_CHOSEN_SHARE_NUMBER="0"
>>
(Continue reading)

Trevor Batley | 1 Aug 14:43 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: NX-client config

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 14:23 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> /etc/thinstation.network: 37:
> SESSION_1_NX_ADVANCED_DISABLE_TCP_NO-DELAY=false: not found

Ah, that helps. I hadn't thought of looking in the thinstation.network
script.

> 
> > I can't see anything particularly wrong with the script, but that
> > doesn't mean there isn't....:^)
> 
> It has to do with the "-" sign. "rdp optimization for low-bandwidth
> link" gives the same problem. Can you make a line with a "-" sign in it?
> 
> >>Further I have problems with groupnames with a space in it. When the 
> >>groupname is 'share chosen' and the config line is 'share number="0"', 
> >>it must become something like this:
> >>SESSION_1_NX_SHARE_CHOSEN_SHARE_NUMBER="0"
> >>
> >>But this makes a groupname of 'share' and a config line 'chosen share 
> >>number="0"', what is wrong.
> > 
> > A bit hard to determine where the break will happen.... At the moment it
> > assumes that groups are one word, unless they are 'known'. That one
> > isn't tagged as a 'known' dual word group. Do you know of any others?
> 
> These are in NXclient 1.4: "VNC Session", "Windows Session", "share
> chosen". You can easy see them if you make a new configuration, e.g.
> with the wizzard in TS.
> 
(Continue reading)

Edwin Perez Valencia | 1 Aug 15:11 2005

Scroll mouse

Hi,

I have a PS/2 scroll Mouse, but the scroll button is not working in rdesktop sessions. What can I do?

The thinstation version is 2.0.2.

Thanks.

Shotton Jolyon | 1 Aug 15:13 2005
Picon

RE: Scroll mouse

Use 

MOUSE_PROTOCOL=IMPS/2

in the X server options.

-----Original Message-----
From: thinstation-general-admin@...
[mailto:thinstation-general-admin@...] On
Behalf Of
Edwin Perez Valencia
Sent: 01 August 2005 14:12
To: thinstation-general@...
Subject: [Thinstation-general] Scroll mouse

Hi, 
I have a PS/2 scroll Mouse, but the scroll button is not working in
rdesktop sessions. What can I do?
The thinstation version is 2.0.2.
Thanks.

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It
may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.
Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any
attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be
transferred by way of them.

-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&op=click
Paul van der Vlis | 1 Aug 15:40 2005
Picon

Re: NX-client config

Trevor Batley schreef:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 14:23 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> 
>>/etc/thinstation.network: 37:
>>SESSION_1_NX_ADVANCED_DISABLE_TCP_NO-DELAY=false: not found
> 
> Ah, that helps. I hadn't thought of looking in the thinstation.network
> script.

I have seen that it's not *really* important, because the defaults are OK.

>>>I can't see anything particularly wrong with the script, but that
>>>doesn't mean there isn't....:^)
>>
>>It has to do with the "-" sign. "rdp optimization for low-bandwidth
>>link" gives the same problem. Can you make a line with a "-" sign in it?
>>
>>>>Further I have problems with groupnames with a space in it. When the 
>>>>groupname is 'share chosen' and the config line is 'share number="0"', 
>>>>it must become something like this:
>>>>SESSION_1_NX_SHARE_CHOSEN_SHARE_NUMBER="0"
>>>>
>>>>But this makes a groupname of 'share' and a config line 'chosen share 
>>>>number="0"', what is wrong.
>>>
>>>A bit hard to determine where the break will happen.... At the moment it
>>>assumes that groups are one word, unless they are 'known'. That one
>>>isn't tagged as a 'known' dual word group. Do you know of any others?
>>
>>These are in NXclient 1.4: "VNC Session", "Windows Session", "share
>>chosen". You can easy see them if you make a new configuration, e.g.
>>with the wizzard in TS.
>>
>>I am wondering why in the configfile is
>><NXClientSettings application="nxclient" version="1.4" >
>>Normally, the nxclient version 1.4 makes a line with:
>><NXClientSettings application="nxclient" version="1.3" >
>>Strange but true, you can test it by making a a new config.
>
> Could be an issue. I think Miles changed it because I thought it was
> just a holdover from the old client. Will check....

I've checked it, and what I thought is true. Please change 1.4 in 1.3 in 
Thinstation-2.1/packages/nx/etc/nx.tpl.

>>What you tell is right, but when I edit this strings in the group 
>>"login" then I can get the first time the username I like. I just tested 
>>this by removing the ~/.nx directory on my PC.
> 
> On a clean boot? I thought I had it working at one stage and then
> realised that I had actually started it prior......

I've got it working!  NXclient don't come with user "root" but with
"paul". Most important was the setting in:
Thinstation-2.1/packages/nx/etc/nx/nxclient.conf:
<option key="Last session" value="Gnome" />

> Will play some more, although I am waiting for FreeNX 0.5 and I'll
> probably look at the 1.5 nxclient and moznx.

FreeNX 0.43 works allready with nxclient 1.5, but that's new so maybe 
there are some issues. FreenX 0.5 will work with the 1.5 backend, but 
that's something for the server-side and not for the client. (So you 
could update now.)

Do you want to change TS 2.1 or TS 2.2?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
Eliassen Einar (ErgoGroup | 1 Aug 16:40 2005
Picon

rdesktop on TS 2.1.1

 
Hello
 
 
I'm trying to run rdesktop together with ICA on the blackbox wm, but having problems with rdesktop blocking the toolbar for blackbox.
 
I have the toolbar for blackbox on auto-hide at the TopCenter location. Using the ICA client I can easily move the mouse to the top of the screen and change workspaces.
Can't do this with rdesktop. Rdesktop completely cover up everything when its running in fullscreen.
 
Anyone know if there is a way to get rdesktop to show the blackbox toolbar when its running in fullscreen ?
 
I really don't want to run rdesktop in windowed mode. :(
 
 
Regards,
 
 
Einar Eliassen

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the person(s) or organisation(s) to whom it is addressed. No-one else may copy or forward all or any of it in any form without the prior written consent of the originator. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.


Gmane