Luke Tucker | 5 Dec 16:44 2008

google reader changes


Interestingly listed among these changes is the option to remove the count of unread items. 

- Luke

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 5, 2008 12:23:06 AM EST
Subject: jabronson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org sent you a link to content of interest

jabronson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org sent you a link to the following content:

Square is the new round.
http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2008/12/square-is-new-round.html

The sender also included this note:

googreader update

--
Sent via a FeedFlare link from a FeedBurner feed.
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/publishers/feedflare

Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock | 5 Dec 16:49 2008

Re: google reader changes

Excerpts from Luke Tucker's message of Fri Dec 05 10:44:58 -0500 2008:
> 
> Interestingly listed among these changes is the option to remove the  
> count of unread items.
> 

Ignorance is bliss?

-Nick

> - Luke
> 
> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> > From: jabronson@...
> > Date: December 5, 2008 12:23:06 AM EST
> > To: ltucker@...
> > Subject: jabronson@... sent you a link to content of interest
> >
> > jabronson@... sent you a link to the following content:
> >
> > Square is the new round.
> > http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2008/12/square-is-new-round.html
> >
> > The sender also included this note:
> >
> > googreader update
> >
> > --
> > Sent via a FeedFlare link from a FeedBurner feed.
> > http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/publishers/feedflare

--
Archive: http://www.openplans.org/projects/melkjug/lists/melkjug-development-list/archive/2008/12/1228492185475
To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
melkjug-dev@...  Please contact
melkjug-dev-manager@... for questions.

Luke Tucker | 5 Dec 17:03 2008

Re: google reader changes


Makes it feel like less of a never-ending uncompletable task.  It's  
always been sort of a core concept for an ideal melkjug for me...  
embrace the fact that you'll never have time to read everything that's  
waiting for you and try make sure you're reading the best / most  
important stuff instead.

- Luke

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock wrote:

> Excerpts from Luke Tucker's message of Fri Dec 05 10:44:58 -0500 2008:
>>
>> Interestingly listed among these changes is the option to remove the
>> count of unread items.
>>
>
> Ignorance is bliss?
>
> -Nick
>
>> - Luke
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: jabronson@...
>>> Date: December 5, 2008 12:23:06 AM EST
>>> To: ltucker@...
>>> Subject: jabronson@... sent you a link to content of interest
>>>
>>> jabronson@... sent you a link to the following content:
>>>
>>> Square is the new round.
>>> http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2008/12/square-is-new-round.html
>>>
>>> The sender also included this note:
>>>
>>> googreader update
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sent via a FeedFlare link from a FeedBurner feed.
>>> http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/publishers/feedflare
>
>
> --
> Archive: http://www.openplans.org/projects/melkjug/lists/melkjug-development-list/archive/2008/12/1228492185475
> To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
melkjug-dev@... 
> .  Please contact melkjug-dev-manager@... for  
> questions.
>

--
Archive: http://www.openplans.org/projects/melkjug/lists/melkjug-development-list/archive/2008/12/1228493000809
To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
melkjug-dev@...  Please contact
melkjug-dev-manager@... for questions.

Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock | 5 Dec 17:13 2008

Re: google reader changes

Excerpts from Luke Tucker's message of Fri Dec 05 11:03:13 -0500 2008:
> 
> Makes it feel like less of a never-ending uncompletable task.  It's  
> always been sort of a core concept for an ideal melkjug for me...  
> embrace the fact that you'll never have time to read everything that's  
> waiting for you and try make sure you're reading the best / most  
> important stuff instead.
> 

Yeah, I actually agree, I was just being snarky :) This is the reason I stopped using NetNewsWire: I "fell
behind" on my feeds to the point that I had x-thousand unread items, and it all started feeling more like a
chore than anything else.

-Nick

> - Luke
> 
> On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock wrote:
> 
> > Excerpts from Luke Tucker's message of Fri Dec 05 10:44:58 -0500 2008:
> >>
> >> Interestingly listed among these changes is the option to remove the
> >> count of unread items.
> >>
> >
> > Ignorance is bliss?
> >
> > -Nick
> >
> >> - Luke
> >>
> >> Begin forwarded message:
> >>
> >>> From: jabronson@...
> >>> Date: December 5, 2008 12:23:06 AM EST
> >>> To: ltucker@...
> >>> Subject: jabronson@... sent you a link to content of interest
> >>>
> >>> jabronson@... sent you a link to the following content:
> >>>
> >>> Square is the new round.
> >>> http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2008/12/square-is-new-round.html
> >>>
> >>> The sender also included this note:
> >>>
> >>> googreader update
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Sent via a FeedFlare link from a FeedBurner feed.
> >>> http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/publishers/feedflare
> >
> >
> > --
> > Archive: http://www.openplans.org/projects/melkjug/lists/melkjug-development-list/archive/2008/12/1228492185475
> > To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
melkjug-dev@... 
> > .  Please contact melkjug-dev-manager@... for  
> > questions.
> >
> 

--
Archive: http://www.openplans.org/projects/melkjug/lists/melkjug-development-list/archive/2008/12/1228493629171
To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
melkjug-dev@...  Please contact
melkjug-dev-manager@... for questions.

Joshua Bronson | 5 Dec 18:25 2008
Picon

feedparser mailing list?

Hi Mark,


I'm working on a web app that makes heavy use of FeedParser, and first off wanted to thank you for the great work. I was just wondering what the best way to communicate with the FeedParser developer community was. I've created/commented on a few tickets and would would love some feedback on the issues/patches. I see there's a feedparser-commits mailing list; is there a discussion list as well?

Thanks,
Josh
Luke Tucker | 5 Dec 20:17 2008

Fwd: Aza’s Thoughts » A New Ubiquity Homepage + What’s a Better Planet?


Thanks Ian!

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 5, 2008 2:10:05 PM EST
Subject: Aza’s Thoughts » A New Ubiquity Homepage + What’s a Better Planet?

A discussion you guys might want to follow:
http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/a-new-ubiquity-homepage-whats-a-better-planet/
--
Ian Bicking : ianb-bpgWs1trTWSdJdNcDFJN0w@public.gmane.org : http://blog.ianbicking.org

Joshua Bronson | 7 Dec 23:42 2008
Picon

character encoding detection

Just noticed the following from http://www.feedparser.org/docs/character-encoding.html:


Feeds may be published in any character encoding. Python supports only a few character encodings by default. To support the maximum number of character encodings (and be able to parse the maximum number of feeds), you should install cjkcodecs and iconv_codec. Both are available at http://cjkpython.i18n.org/.
Should melk.feedparser add cjkcodecs and iconv_codec to its dependencies? If so I'd be happy to toss them in.

Josh 
Rolando Penate | 8 Dec 16:36 2008

Re: character encoding detection

Whø néëdß fånçy chärâctêr ëñçödîngs?

Waste of time.

—R

On Dec 7, 2008, at 5:42 PM, Joshua Bronson wrote:

Just noticed the following from http://www.feedparser.org/docs/character-encoding.html:

Feeds may be published in any character encoding. Python supports only a few character encodings by default. To support the maximum number of character encodings (and be able to parse the maximum number of feeds), you should install cjkcodecs and iconv_codec. Both are available at http://cjkpython.i18n.org/.
Should melk.feedparser add cjkcodecs and iconv_codec to its dependencies? If so I'd be happy to toss them in.

Josh 

Joshua Bronson | 11 Dec 20:16 2008
Picon

patched feedparser

Just wanted to send out a note that melk.feedparser depends on a patched version of universal feedparser as of r1627. If you're updating from a previous revision, run "easy_install https://svn.openplans.org/melk/eggs/feedparser-4.1-patched" (from within your activated virtualenv) to grab the patched feedparser.


Gmane