joerg hanke | 2 Feb 00:59 2010
Picon

compilation of rdpfs code

hi ryan,

when i try to compile your code from caprica, i get:

rdpfs.c:3809: warning: ‘struct fuse_pollhandle’ declared inside parameter list
rdpfs.c:3809: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which 
is probably not what you want
rdpfs.c:3896: error: unknown field ‘flag_nullpath_ok’ specified in initializer
rdpfs.c:3896: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a 
cast
rdpfs.c:3919: error: unknown field ‘ioctl’ specified in initializer

am i missing s.th. ?
( suse 11.2 / amd64 )

joerg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
xrdp-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel
Nolte Burke | 1 Feb 08:56 2010

one user multiple unique desktop sessions

Is there some way to have one user account that, for every new remote desktop connection, creates a new and
unique desktop to work with?
I want to set it up so that you login to the terminal server and it just pulls up a web browser that the user can
interact with. However, the same PAM account should have multiple different possible sessions running
concurrently so that each person connected has their own mouse, keyboard, and display.

Can you point me in the correct direction with which to accomplish this? I'm assuming it's some sort of Xvnc
parameter or Xserver configuration with regards to being able to resume sessions. Alternatively, there
may be code within xrdp that is detecting whether or not a particular user has already logged in and simply
connecting them to the existing back-end VNC display. I'd be willing to rewrite a portion of code or
whatever to accomplish this, if necessary. I just need to know what the best point of entry is.
-Nolte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
藤槻泰宏 | 2 Feb 17:01 2010

Keyboard issue and Japanese Keyboard Layout

Hi,

I am xrdp 0.5 user in Japan.
In Japanese environments, xrdp cannot recognize some keys, e.g. \
(Key133 in km**-.ini)
so, I wrote patch to recognize these keys.
In my environments, this patch works well.

And, I also made Japanese Keyboard Layout file, km-e0010411.ini .
There are some km***.ini files in a Japanese environment.

- km-0411.ini
- km-e0010411.ini
- km-e0200411.ini
- km-e0210411.ini

I tested km-e0010411.ini only.
Perhaps, other files are the same content as km-e0010411.ini .

thanks,

yasuhiro (thaniwa)
Attachment (xrdp-0.5.0-xrdp-lang-c.patch): application/octet-stream, 721 bytes
Attachment (xrdp-0.5.0-xrdp-xrdp_types-h.patch): application/octet-stream, 1033 bytes
Attachment (km-e0010411.ini): application/octet-stream, 11 KiB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
(Continue reading)

| 3 Feb 09:09 2010

a question about xrdp

Hi,we met a problem here: we installed the Redhat AS5.4 on the server,and created 30 users'  account,but we can't  connect to server  after  22 to 25 users logged on with xrdp-0.4.1,it always reported "password failed",but we  connected with SSH with the same account and password,it could work,it's really strange,i don't know why,is it related to the LAN network loan ,
the server is DELL PowerEdge R710 ,Memory is 16G,CPU is Xeon E5506 2.13G×2 Dual Quad
and the content of sesman.ini  is  below:
 
[Globals]
ListenAddress=127.0.0.1
ListenPort=3350
EnableUserWindowManager=1
UserWindowManager=startwm.sh
DefaultWindowManager=startwm.sh
 
[Security]
AllowRootLogin=1
MaxLoginRetry=4
TerminalServerUsers=tsusers
TerminalServerAdmins=tsadmins
 
[Sessions]
MaxSessions=40
KillDisconnected=0
IdleTimeLimit=0
DisconnectedTimeLimit=0
 
[Logging]
LogFile=./sesman.log
LogLevel=DEBUG
EnableSyslog=0
SyslogLevel=DEBUG
 
[X11rdp]
param1=-bs
param2=-ac
 
[Xvnc]
param1=-bs
param2=-ac


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
xrdp-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel
Itamar Reis Peixoto | 3 Feb 21:11 2010
Picon

Re: a question about xrdp

2010/2/3 李 <leexin_99 <at> 163.com>:
> Hi,we met a problem here: we installed the Redhat AS5.4 on the server,and
> created 30 users'  account,but we can't  connect to server  after  22 to 25
> users logged on with xrdp-0.4.1,it always reported "password failed",but we
> connected with SSH with the same account and password,it could work,it's
> really strange,i don't know why,is it related to the LAN network loan ,
> the server is DELL PowerEdge R710 ,Memory is 16G,CPU is Xeon E5506
> 2.13G×2 Dual Quad
> and the content of sesman.ini  is  below:
>
> [Globals]
> ListenAddress=127.0.0.1
> ListenPort=3350
> EnableUserWindowManager=1
> UserWindowManager=startwm.sh
> DefaultWindowManager=startwm.sh
>
> [Security]
> AllowRootLogin=1
> MaxLoginRetry=4
> TerminalServerUsers=tsusers
> TerminalServerAdmins=tsadmins
>
> [Sessions]
> MaxSessions=40
> KillDisconnected=0
> IdleTimeLimit=0
> DisconnectedTimeLimit=0
>
> [Logging]
> LogFile=./sesman.log
> LogLevel=DEBUG
> EnableSyslog=0
> SyslogLevel=DEBUG
>
> [X11rdp]
> param1=-bs
> param2=-ac
>
> [Xvnc]
> param1=-bs
> param2=-ac
>
>

try my package in fedora epel repo.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#howtouse

su -c 'rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-3.noarch.rpm'

su -c 'yum  -y install xrdp'

su -c 'service xrdp restart'

-- 
------------

Itamar Reis Peixoto

e-mail/msn/google talk/sip: itamar <at> ispbrasil.com.br
skype: itamarjp
icq: 81053601
+55 11 4063 5033
+55 34 3221 8599

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
_______________________________________________
xrdp-devel mailing list
xrdp-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xrdp-devel
Ted Mittelstaedt | 4 Feb 00:13 2010
Picon

Error on building X11rdp server

Hi All,

  I am trying to build the X11rdp server (because mainly I do not want
to use vncserver)

  I followed the instructions here to download the code and compile -
and I am getting
the same error:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/xrdp-authenticates-but-does-not-load-x-server-rdp-592138/

I am doing this on FreeBSD 7.2 so this really isn't a
platform-specific bug, it has something to
do with printproto - I have printproto-1.0.4 installed on the server.

This exact same bug is also noted in Gentoo:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=217339

their "workaround" was to revert to printproto-1.0.3 I think.

Here is the error:

 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include
-I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include
-I../hw/xfree86/dixmods/extmod -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H
-DXFree86Server -DXFree86LOADER
-DDEFAULTPOLICYFILE=\"/usr/local/lib/xserver/SecurityPolicy\" -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing
-D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -D_THREAD_SAFE
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I../include
-I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes
-I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render
-I../randr -I../fb -g -O2 -MT xprint.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/xprint.Tpo
-c xprint.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/xprint.o
In file included from xprint.c:87:
/usr/local/include/X11/extensions/Printstr.h:761: error: expected
specifier-qualifier-list before 'PrivateRec'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpGetPageDimensions':
xprint.c:761: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:762: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:765: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:769: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpSetImageResolution':
xprint.c:823: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'imageRes'
xprint.c:824: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:825: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpGetImageResolution':
xprint.c:874: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'imageRes'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpCreateContext':
xprint.c:979: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c:980: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'imageRes'
xprint.c:982: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:983: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:984: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:985: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:986: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:987: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:988: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:989: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:990: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:991: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:992: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:993: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:994: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:995: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:996: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:997: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'XpFreeContext':
xprint.c:1218: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1227: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1232: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1234: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1245: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1246: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'XpFreePage':
xprint.c:1368: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1369: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'InitContextPrivates':
xprint.c:1399: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'devPrivates'
xprint.c: At top level:
xprint.c:1427: warning: no previous prototype for
'XpAllocateContextPrivateIndex'
xprint.c:1433: warning: no previous prototype for 'XpAllocateContextPrivate'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpStartJob':
xprint.c:1520: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1521: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpEndJob':
xprint.c:1569: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1570: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1584: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1585: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1592: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1593: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'DoStartDoc':
xprint.c:1619: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c:1624: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1625: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpEndDoc':
xprint.c:1707: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1708: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1723: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1724: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'DoStartPage':
xprint.c:1756: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c:1764: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1765: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1814: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1815: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpEndPage':
xprint.c:1897: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1898: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpPutDocumentData':
xprint.c:1969: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:1971: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpGetDocumentData':
xprint.c:2006: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:2019: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:2042: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c:2044: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c:2045: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c:2046: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'clientSlept'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpGetAttributes':
xprint.c:2089: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:2091: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpSetAttributes':
xprint.c:2161: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:2183: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:2185: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c: In function 'ProcXpGetOneAttribute':
xprint.c:2241: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
xprint.c:2243: error: 'struct _XpContext' has no member named 'funcs'
make[1]: *** [xprint.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/distfiles/manual-build/x11rdp_xorg71/xorg-server-X11R7.1-1.1.0/Xext'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
error make xorg-server
web-mail#

FreeBSD has a port for xrdp but not for the x11rdp server.

Thanks!
Ted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
Jay Sorg | 4 Feb 09:37 2010
Picon

Re: one user multiple unique desktop sessions

> Is there some way to have one user account that, for every new remote desktop connection, creates a new and
unique desktop to work with?
> I want to set it up so that you login to the terminal server and it just pulls up a web browser that the user can
interact with. However, the same PAM account should have multiple different possible sessions running
concurrently so that each person connected has their own mouse, keyboard, and display.
>
> Can you point me in the correct direction with which to accomplish this? I'm assuming it's some sort of Xvnc
parameter or Xserver configuration with regards to being able to resume sessions. Alternatively, there
may be code within xrdp that is detecting whether or not a particular user has already logged in and simply
connecting them to the existing back-end VNC display. I'd be willing to rewrite a portion of code or
whatever to accomplish this, if necessary. I just need to know what the best point of entry is.
> -Nolte

You will need to change one line of code.
You might have a problem running out of resources over time because of
disconnected sessions.
What version of xrdp do you want to use?

Jay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
Nolte Burke | 4 Feb 09:49 2010

Re: one user multiple unique desktop sessions

Well,
I'm currently using the version from FreeBSD ports for 7.2. I'm not entirely sure how I would go about
patching that port so as to maintain FreeBSD compatibility. Is there some way to make xrdp/Xvnc close the
X11 instance upon termination of a connection--even if based on Xvnc's timeout for inactivity and then
xrdp noticing this has occured and shut down any contingent X processes that would cause false-detects
when sesman looks for an open display.
Honestly, I'm open to any suggestions.
I want to just have a web browser come up (which I have so far) upon connecting. But, I don't want there to be the
possibility of any subsequent connections sharing that session where another user might have logged on.
Is there a script like startwm.sh that executes every time someone connects and not just when its creating a
new X11 session? Maybe then I could just kill the existing Firefox process being ran by that user.

I've already made the necessary changes to the parameters passed to Xvnc to manipulate display colours,
prevent multiple users from sharing the same screen, and a few others tweaks. I'll probably end up having
sesman cycle through several temporary user accounts to get around the login issue, but it still doesn't
solve timing unused sessions out. It also requires that the xrdp.ini file gets re-parsed every time a new
connection comes in (which, from what I can tell, it does--correct me if I'm wrong). 

-Nolte

On Feb 4, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Jay Sorg wrote:

>> Is there some way to have one user account that, for every new remote desktop connection, creates a new and
unique desktop to work with?
>> I want to set it up so that you login to the terminal server and it just pulls up a web browser that the user can
interact with. However, the same PAM account should have multiple different possible sessions running
concurrently so that each person connected has their own mouse, keyboard, and display.
>> 
>> Can you point me in the correct direction with which to accomplish this? I'm assuming it's some sort of
Xvnc parameter or Xserver configuration with regards to being able to resume sessions. Alternatively,
there may be code within xrdp that is detecting whether or not a particular user has already logged in and
simply connecting them to the existing back-end VNC display. I'd be willing to rewrite a portion of code or
whatever to accomplish this, if necessary. I just need to know what the best point of entry is.
>> -Nolte
> 
> You will need to change one line of code.
> You might have a problem running out of resources over time because of
> disconnected sessions.
> What version of xrdp do you want to use?
> 
> Jay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
Nolte Burke | 4 Feb 10:37 2010

Re: one user multiple unique desktop sessions

Also, is there some way to make the profile chooser that first comes up automatically pick a connection or
default to the first one if its the only configuration setup?
-Nolte

On Feb 4, 2010, at 12:49 AM, Nolte Burke wrote:

> Well,
> I'm currently using the version from FreeBSD ports for 7.2. I'm not entirely sure how I would go about
patching that port so as to maintain FreeBSD compatibility. Is there some way to make xrdp/Xvnc close the
X11 instance upon termination of a connection--even if based on Xvnc's timeout for inactivity and then
xrdp noticing this has occured and shut down any contingent X processes that would cause false-detects
when sesman looks for an open display.
> Honestly, I'm open to any suggestions.
> I want to just have a web browser come up (which I have so far) upon connecting. But, I don't want there to be
the possibility of any subsequent connections sharing that session where another user might have logged on.
> Is there a script like startwm.sh that executes every time someone connects and not just when its creating
a new X11 session? Maybe then I could just kill the existing Firefox process being ran by that user.
> 
> I've already made the necessary changes to the parameters passed to Xvnc to manipulate display colours,
prevent multiple users from sharing the same screen, and a few others tweaks. I'll probably end up having
sesman cycle through several temporary user accounts to get around the login issue, but it still doesn't
solve timing unused sessions out. It also requires that the xrdp.ini file gets re-parsed every time a new
connection comes in (which, from what I can tell, it does--correct me if I'm wrong). 
> 
> 
> -Nolte
> 
> On Feb 4, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Jay Sorg wrote:
> 
>>> Is there some way to have one user account that, for every new remote desktop connection, creates a new
and unique desktop to work with?
>>> I want to set it up so that you login to the terminal server and it just pulls up a web browser that the user
can interact with. However, the same PAM account should have multiple different possible sessions
running concurrently so that each person connected has their own mouse, keyboard, and display.
>>> 
>>> Can you point me in the correct direction with which to accomplish this? I'm assuming it's some sort of
Xvnc parameter or Xserver configuration with regards to being able to resume sessions. Alternatively,
there may be code within xrdp that is detecting whether or not a particular user has already logged in and
simply connecting them to the existing back-end VNC display. I'd be willing to rewrite a portion of code or
whatever to accomplish this, if necessary. I just need to know what the best point of entry is.
>>> -Nolte
>> 
>> You will need to change one line of code.
>> You might have a problem running out of resources over time because of
>> disconnected sessions.
>> What version of xrdp do you want to use?
>> 
>> Jay
> 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
KC8LDO | 7 Feb 10:37 2010
Picon

Logged in users list?

I installed Xrdp on an Fedora-11 box, Seems to work as expected. Just one 
problem. I can't list who else is logged in UNLESS they have an open 
terminal window! Otherwise they don't show up using "users" or "who" 
command. Is this normal? How do I go about finding out who is currently 
logged in like this?

I'm not on a mailing list for this so an email reply would be very welcomed.

Regards;

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

What's the difference between ignorance
and stupidity? Well ignorance can be cured
through education, while stupidly is
something you're born with. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com

Gmane