Xia Qingran | 1 Apr 06:09 2009
Picon

Re: "killall -9 firefox" can not make JWCHAT's client offline on ejabberd-2.0.3 !

> It will be configurable since ejabberd 2.1.0:
>  HTTP-Poll: turn session timeout into a config file parameter
>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-135
>
> Also related:
>  HTTP-Bind: allow configuration of max_inactivity timeout
>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-512
>
>
> ---
> Badlop,
> ProcessOne

Has the code of svn trunk done this? If it is, I will try to deploy
the latest code.

Thanks again!

--

-- 
夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia <at> gmail.com
Sent from Beijing, 11, China
Samuel Goldwyn  - "I don't think anyone should write their
autobiography until after they're dead."
Xia Qingran | 1 Apr 06:33 2009
Picon

Re: 100 mb per c2s connection (+patch)

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Mickael Remond
<mickael.remond <at> process-one.net> wrote:
> Hello Anton,
>
> The socket send timeout and disconnection features was only going to be
> pushed in ejabberd 2.1, because the send timeout API require a recent
> Erlang R12 version.
> Fully supporting that API will require dropping support for Erlang R11.
> This is the type of thing we have pushed to customer however that have
> made the switch to R12 and that will go into 2.1 version.
>

Hi, Mickael

Can you open your release schedule or milestone of ejabberd?
I want to know what time I can run 2.0.5 or even 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.3.

Best regards,
--

-- 
夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia <at> gmail.com
Sent from Beijing, 11, China
Rodney Dangerfield  - "I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't
want to interrupt her."
JayaPrakash | 1 Apr 07:19 2009
Picon

Re: [ejabberd} ejabberd_component connection

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.
Here, I need to say that dev.ongobiz.com is localhost.
Even then ejabberd is not able to connect to Opensips server.
Do you have any idea how to connect these.

Thanks
JayaPrakash

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:04:45 +0400
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm <at> users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [ejabberd] ejabberd_component connection
To: ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
Message-ID: <49D214ED.40601 <at> domain007.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

JayaPrakash wrote:

>   {5347, ejabberd_service, [
[...]
>                            {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
[...]
> modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_host", "dev.ongobiz.com")
[...]
> ERROR:xmpp:net_connect: connect() failed: Connection refused

Ejabberd listens on localhost and your component tries to connect to a
possibly non-localhost address to which dev.ongobiz.com resolves.

_______________________________________________
ejabberd mailing list
ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd
JayaPrakash | 1 Apr 09:17 2009
Picon

ejabberd_communication_with_Opensips

Hi All,
I am trying to communicate Opensips server with ejabberd server.(both are located at the same machine)
Opensips is configured to connect to ejabberd in component mode at port 5347.
ejabberd is configuered to accept connections from outer servers as shown below.
*****************************************************************************************************************************
{listen,
 [
%% Component Connection
  {5347, ejabberd_service, [
                           {access, all},
                           {shaper_rule, fast},
                           {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
                           {hosts, "localhost.dev.ongobiz.com", [{password, "secret"}]}
                           ]},
%dev.ongobiz.com is the host name of ejabberd_server.
---------------------------------
{{s2s_host, "localhost"}, allow}.
---------------------------------
{s2s_use_starttls, true}.
{s2s_certfile, "/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.pem"}.
{s2s_default_policy, allow}.
---------------------------------
*******************************************************************************************************************************
Now Opensips is trying to connect to ejabberd. However, it is not connected.
ejabberd log file is keep on generating the following error.

=INFO REPORT==== 2009-04-01 12:26:16 ===
I(<0.272.0>:ejabberd_listener:112) : (#Port<0.132787>) Accepted connection {{127,0,0,1},36511} -> {{127,0,0,1},5347}

=INFO REPORT==== 2009-04-01 12:26:16 ===
I(<0.1428.4>:ejabberd_service:115) : ({socket_state,gen_tcp,#Port<0.132787>,<0.1427.4>}) External service connected

=INFO REPORT==== 2009-04-01 12:26:16 ===
I(<0.1428.4>:ejabberd_service:352) : terminated: {{invalid_domain,108},
                                                  [{ejabberd_router,
                                                    register_route,2},
                                                   {ejabberd_service,
                                                    '-wait_for_handshake/2-fun-0-',
                                                    1},
                                                   {lists,foreach,2},
                                                   {ejabberd_service,
                                                    wait_for_handshake,2},
                                                   {gen_fsm,handle_msg,7},
                                                   {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 2009-04-01 12:26:16 ===
** State machine <0.1428.4> terminating
** Last event in was {xmlstreamelement,
                         {xmlelement,"handshake",[],
                             [{xmlcdata,
                                  <<"f8252dbc2163057f83924dc0a8f6f10512f6b669">>}]}}
** When State == wait_for_handshake
**      Data  == {state,{socket_state,gen_tcp,#Port<0.132787>,<0.1427.4>},
                        ejabberd_socket,"280805813",
                        "localhost.dev.ongobiz.com","secret",all,true}
** Reason for termination =
** {{invalid_domain,108},
    [{ejabberd_router,register_route,2},
     {ejabberd_service,'-wait_for_handshake/2-fun-0-',1},
     {lists,foreach,2},
     {ejabberd_service,wait_for_handshake,2},
     {gen_fsm,handle_msg,7},
     {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}

Will you please suggest me how to solve this issue.

Thanks
JayaPrakash

_______________________________________________
ejabberd mailing list
ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd
Badlop | 1 Apr 12:03 2009
Picon

Re: "killall -9 firefox" can not make JWCHAT's client offline on ejabberd-2.0.3 !

2009/4/1 Xia Qingran <qingran.xia <at> gmail.com>:
>> It will be configurable since ejabberd 2.1.0:
>>  HTTP-Poll: turn session timeout into a config file parameter
>>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-135
>>
>> Also related:
>>  HTTP-Bind: allow configuration of max_inactivity timeout
>>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-512

Yes, in http_bind trunk SVN, which requires ejabberd trunk SVN.
_______________________________________________
ejabberd mailing list
ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd
Badlop | 1 Apr 12:53 2009
Picon

Re: Allow new user registration from defined range of IP

2009/3/31 Дмитрий Сиваченко <mitya <at> cavia.pp.ru>:
> Is there any possibility to allow new user registration only when client
> connects from some range of IP (defined in config file)?
>
> I want to allow registered clients to connect from any IP, but to
> allow new user registration only when client comes from our
> company's network because too many trash-spam accounts are being
> created otherwise ;(

Your users now register using mod_register,
which implements XEP-0077: In-Band Registration

mod_register does not implement filtering by IP,
and you can't use a network firewall because XEP-0077 is used over the
standard 5222 port.

A solution would be to use a web registration service in a custom
port, so you can filter access using a firewall. One web page could be
mod_register_web. I describe that possibility now.

Requirements:
* ejabberd trunk SVN (or ejabberd 2.1.0 or newer, once released)
* mod_register_web from ejabberd-modules SVN
* firewall to block the port to certain IP addresses

Screenshots:
http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_register_web

Brief how-to:
1. Install ejabberd trunk SVN
2. Configure ejabberd_captcha
3. Install mod_register_web, and configure to listen in port 5283 (for example)
4. Check you can register accounts using http://yourserver:5283/register/
5. Disable account registration in mod_register
6. Using firewall, filter what IPs can access the port 5283

--
Badlop,
ProcessOne
_______________________________________________
ejabberd mailing list
ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd
Konstantin Khomoutov | 1 Apr 15:33 2009
Picon
Picon

Re: ejabberd_communication_with_Opensips

JayaPrakash wrote:

> I am trying to communicate Opensips server with ejabberd server.(both are
> located at the same machine)
[...]
> {listen,
>  [
> %% Component Connection
>   {5347, ejabberd_service, [
>                            {access, all},
>                            {shaper_rule, fast},
>                            {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
>                            {hosts, "localhost.dev.ongobiz.com", [{password, "secret"}]}
>                            ]},
[...]
> =INFO REPORT==== 2009-04-01 12:26:16 ===
> I(<0.1428.4>:ejabberd_service:352) : terminated: {{invalid_domain,108},
>                                                   [{ejabberd_router,
>                                                     register_route,2},
[...]

I guess you don't have "localhost.dev.ongobiz.com" mentioned in the 
lists of domains ejabberd serves defined by global variable "hosts".

So it might turn out you don't really understand what "hosts" mean for 
ejabberd. If so, please read the whole installation manual first.
Jorge Guntanis | 1 Apr 17:53 2009

Re: Allow new user registration from defined range of IP

Hi Badlop,
Is this not implemented because  XEP-0077 assumes this will be taken  
care by a higher layer if needed or it just has not been implemented  
on mod_register?

Jorge

On Apr 1, 2009, at 3:53 AM, Badlop wrote:

> 2009/3/31 Дмитрий Сиваченко <mitya <at> cavia.pp.ru>:
>> Is there any possibility to allow new user registration only when  
>> client
>> connects from some range of IP (defined in config file)?
>>
>> I want to allow registered clients to connect from any IP, but to
>> allow new user registration only when client comes from our
>> company's network because too many trash-spam accounts are being
>> created otherwise ;(
>
>
> Your users now register using mod_register,
> which implements XEP-0077: In-Band Registration
>
> mod_register does not implement filtering by IP,
> and you can't use a network firewall because XEP-0077 is used over the
> standard 5222 port.
>
> A solution would be to use a web registration service in a custom
> port, so you can filter access using a firewall. One web page could be
> mod_register_web. I describe that possibility now.
>
> Requirements:
> * ejabberd trunk SVN (or ejabberd 2.1.0 or newer, once released)
> * mod_register_web from ejabberd-modules SVN
> * firewall to block the port to certain IP addresses
>
> Screenshots:
> http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_register_web
>
> Brief how-to:
> 1. Install ejabberd trunk SVN
> 2. Configure ejabberd_captcha
> 3. Install mod_register_web, and configure to listen in port 5283  
> (for example)
> 4. Check you can register accounts using http://yourserver:5283/register/
> 5. Disable account registration in mod_register
> 6. Using firewall, filter what IPs can access the port 5283
>
>
> --
> Badlop,
> ProcessOne
> _______________________________________________
> ejabberd mailing list
> ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
> http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd

_______________________________________________
ejabberd mailing list
ejabberd <at> jabber.ru
http://lists.jabber.ru/mailman/listinfo/ejabberd
Yermo Lamers | 1 Apr 20:54 2009

externally adding roster items to mod_roster_odbc? [WHITELIST]


Exec Summary:

What's the correct way to add roster entries to mod_odbc_roster/Mysql 
from PHP?

Detail:

I am using ejabberd 2.0.1-2 from the Ubuntu archives with 
mod_roster_odbc connected to Mysql.

I would like to add items to the roster from PHP.

I understand that directly inserting entries into the rosterusers Mysql 
table, especially when users are online, is likely a Bad Idea(tm). Is 
this true?

I had tried to use mod_ctrlextra to add the the rosteritems, but 
mod_ctrlextra does not support mod_odbc:

Ref: http://www.ejabberd.im/node/3356#comment-53937

Per suggestion in the post above, I created an external module, set 
service_check_from, and attempted to send the <iq> packets to add the 
roster entries.

I keep getting:

<error code='400' type='modify'><bad-request 
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error></iq>

So it's not clear to me whether I'm doing something wrong or whether 
sending <iq> packets from an external module in this fashion is simply 
not supported.

Any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks,

-- Yermo

---------------------------------------------------------------
Yermo Lamers                                        DTLink, LLC
Co-Founder & Developer                    http://www.dtlink.com

     http://www.collabinvest.net - Instant Social Investing
             Don't invest alone, Profit Together!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Xia Qingran | 2 Apr 06:14 2009
Picon

Re: externally adding roster items to mod_roster_odbc? [WHITELIST]

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Yermo Lamers <yml <at> dtlink.com> wrote:
>
> Exec Summary:
>
> What's the correct way to add roster entries to mod_odbc_roster/Mysql from
> PHP?
>

The way now I use is to write an XMPP robot to add the roster by
sending "subscribe" presence.

But I think it is a workaround method, then I will write my own
mod_roster_odbc to get the roster information from our db schema.

--

-- 
夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia <at> gmail.com

Fran Lebowitz  - "Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep."

Gmane