Purge-db4o release candidate (snapshot 19)
The client layer rewrite aka purge-db4o is finished. That is, it is
feature complete, and has had a reasonable amount of testing (but needs
- No longer uses db4o to store anything, but will migrate from old
node.db4o*'s (downloads and uploads will be restarted)
- Should be much more reliable, and cause much less disk I/O
- Uses the multi-container code even for persistent inserts
- Improved disk crypto (I may improve this further)
- Trivial changes to FCP
- New metadata format (fixes some minor bugs, but we use the old one for
now by default)
- Handles low disk space much better. Migration may use significant disk
space; if we have less than 512MB left, transient requests will fail to
avoid breaking the system, if we have less than 1GB left, persistent
requests will fail / not start.
- Various bugfixes
- Rename RandomAccessThing to RandomAccessBuffer, etc.
The latest version is here:
Signed tag "purge-db4o-snapshot-19"
Commit hash 9b7c9204fa5461ddbfa3236f81e257e379dc86eb
Uploaded jar and signature:
CHK <at> WiSJI8wGPKMZ4KJhxO7EHzd3k4OtJBmay95IQ2dUbS0,4ChtKmFXtb5EOegUgQQZ85EWpijCdUyKubelVP9AOU0,AAMC--8/freenet.purge-db4o-snapshot-19.jar
CHK <at> FwVHzsL8zuRv6cJix2B14xm~8fH2EZsO68nyggIwoqQ,P0etmFePAHcKmgBKJTtnFckxQ7ZX97qM4Wg43bokPus,AAMC--8/freenet.purge-db4o-snapshot-19.jar.sig