Kaya Saman | 3 Jul 22:57 2015
Picon

[GMG-Devel] Struggling to start Mediagoblin

Hi,

I've been reading through this:

http://mediagoblin.readthedocs.org/en/stable/siteadmin/deploying.html

my platform is FreeBSD 10.1 64bit.

I did manage to find a very out-of-date guide that someone posted:
http://blogs.fsfe.org/irl/2014/07/13/installing-mediagoblin-on-freebsd/

however, I have been sticking to the "official" docs.

When I try to start Mediagoblin this is the error that I keep getting:

$ ./lazyserver.sh --server-name=fcgi fcgi_host=127.0.0.1 fcgi_port=9000
Using paster config: paste.ini
Using paster from $PATH
+ export CELERY_ALWAYS_EAGER=true
+ false
+ paster serve paste.ini --server-name=fcgi fcgi_host=127.0.0.1
fcgi_port=9000 --reload
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/paster", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('PasteScript==1.7.3', 'console_scripts', 'paster')()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteScript-1.7.3-py2.7.egg/paste/script/command.py",
line 73, in run
    commands = get_commands()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PasteScript-1.7.3-py2.7.egg/paste/script/command.py",
line 115, in get_commands
(Continue reading)

[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin monthly meeting (Sat July 04, 2015 09:00)

MediaGoblin monthly meeting

Where: IRC #mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net
When: Sat Jul  4 09:00:00 2015 Pacific Time

Agenda and wiki notes are at http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Meeting

Reply to this email to add new agenda items, discuss the agenda, or discuss meeting time.

Summary: MediaGoblin has a monthly meeting to coordinate the month's activities.  This meeting occurs on
the first Saturday of every month at 9:00am Pacitic Time.

Helpful links:
* Convert to your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150704T09&p1=224&ah=1

[GMG-Devel] GMG Bug Triage Day (Thu July 02, 2015 00:00)

GNU MediaGoblin Bug Triage Day

Where: IRC #mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net
When: All day long

Help us triage bugs! Find bugs that are old, forgotten, unverified and in other states of
not-quite-doneness. Help them on their way by giving them a friendly nudge!

Issue tracker: http://issues.mediagoblin.org/

Wiki page: http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/BugTriageDay

Join us as we scour the GNU MediaGoblin issue tracker for bugs that need some help.

Bug Triage Day is a bi-weekly meeting every other Thursday.
Sebastian Spaeth | 25 Jun 14:22 2015
Picon

[GMG-Devel] 0001-Fix-print-statements-to-be-python3-compatible-5331.patch

gmane.network.federated.mediagoblin
_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@...
http://lists.mediagoblin.org/listinfo/devel
Sebastian Spaeth | 25 Jun 14:19 2015
Picon

[GMG-Devel] Fix print statements to be python3 compatible (#5331)

gmane.network.federated.mediagoblin
_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@...
http://lists.mediagoblin.org/listinfo/devel

[GMG-Devel] GMG Bug Triage Day (Thu June 18, 2015 00:00)

GNU MediaGoblin Bug Triage Day

Where: IRC #mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net
When: All day long

Help us triage bugs! Find bugs that are old, forgotten, unverified and in other states of
not-quite-doneness. Help them on their way by giving them a friendly nudge!

Issue tracker: http://issues.mediagoblin.org/

Wiki page: http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/BugTriageDay

Join us as we scour the GNU MediaGoblin issue tracker for bugs that need some help.

Bug Triage Day is a bi-weekly meeting every other Thursday.
Amelia Rose Khan | 14 Jun 14:56 2015
Picon

[GMG-Devel] Trac Spam Information from People at #trac on IRC

Hello all,

I have asked in the #trac irc channel and got some information on this which is below.

Trac people pointed me to http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter for spam registration but I thought someone already installed and enabled this. A good way to check this out is in spam filter monitoring within the plugin for trac.

I have asked Chris (paroneayea) and Simon (simonft) who have given various answers but would be good if people can start to register on Trac again.


If there is more information, I need to find please let me know.


Amelia Rose (First Name)
_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@...
http://lists.mediagoblin.org/listinfo/devel
Christopher Allan Webber | 6 Jun 20:37 2015

[GMG-Devel] Community Governance, my sabattical

Hello all,

As many of you know, now that 0.8.0 is out, I'm taking a few months of
sabattical from regular MediaGoblin work.  I'll be back, but I'm using
the next few months to recharge, go through some difficult life changes,
and do research and coding that will benefit MediaGoblin in the long
run on indirect projects.

In the meanwhile, MediaGoblin has never been a just-me project, and as
such in the last few meetings we've agreed that the best path forward is
to let various community members step up to volunteer to various roles.

Laura Arjona has done a great job of kicking that off by creating this
wiki page:

  https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/CommunityGovernance

If you'd like to point out roles, or volunteer for some, please do go
there.  If you need to find who is currently the deputy to some
MediaGoblin task, you can also find out more there.

I'm not going away, just taking a break.  I will be back.  I'm not even
fully gone, I'm happy to answer things or provide urgent help if needed,
but the more the community can help out for this, the smoother it'll go.

Expect to hear interesting things when I get back!

 - Chris

PS: if you're interested in upping your leadership skills in free
  software, this is a great time to do it! :)  If you need permissions
  to do your role, you know where to find me.
Sebastian Spaeth | 5 Jun 16:15 2015
Picon

[GMG-Devel] 0.8 and python3

Hi all,

just trying the stable (0.8?) branch with python3. I get

File "mediagoblin/tools/routing.py", line 18, in <module>
     import urlparse
ImportError: No module named 'urlparse'

which does not exist in Python3. This line should probably be:

import six.moves.urllib.parse as urlparse

Can this be fixed in the stable branch? Are there pull requests on savannah?

spaetz
Christopher Allan Webber | 4 Jun 16:37 2015

[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin 0.8.0 "A Gallery of Fine Creatures" is finally out!

Hey all!  It took a long time but I'm thrilled to announce that
MediaGoblin 0.8.0 is finally out! 

  http://mediagoblin.org/news/mediagoblin-0.8.0-gallery-of-fine-creatures.html

Lots of exciting things in this release, including expanded and improved
usage of the Pump API, which means more clients like Pumpa and Dianara
are usable with MediaGoblin! PLUS preliminary Python 3 support, improved
video thumbnailing, an upgrade to GStreamer 1.0, and more!

This one took a long time coming, longer than usual!  But it's
definitely worth it!

Thanks to all you goblins who made this happen!  Now go get it while
it's hot! :)

 - Chris

[GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin monthly meeting (Sat June 06, 2015 09:00)

MediaGoblin monthly meeting

Where: IRC #mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net
When: Sat Jun  6 09:00:00 2015 Pacific Time

Agenda and wiki notes are at http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Meeting

Reply to this email to add new agenda items, discuss the agenda, or discuss meeting time.

Summary: MediaGoblin has a monthly meeting to coordinate the month's activities.  This meeting occurs on
the first Saturday of every month at 9:00am Pacitic Time.

Helpful links:
* Convert to your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150606T09&p1=224&ah=1

Gmane