Corwin | 1 Jun 03:06 2003
Picon
Picon

Re: GUI suggestion/fix

I am currently using the Windows BNR2beta0.10.4 version and I can use the mouse wheel to move the numbers in the spinner box. If I put my mouse pointer over the spinner textbox and move the wheel then the numbers change in the direction of the wheel movement. If the mouse pointer is over the grid with the spinner box on a grid row then the article list will move as you described. I would like some feedback if this works the same way on your system.
 
Corwin
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 9:22 AM
Subject: [BNR] GUI suggestion/fix

When you right click an article and select score, a spin box appears.
I try to change the value using my mouse wheel, but that moves the
hightlight up/down the article list instead. Am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks



Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
wangyuli_ts | 1 Jun 03:21 2003
Picon

Re: Could BNR2 do this?

Ok I have figured it out myself.
BNR is so great!
Another question though,
I downloaded all headers from one complete server and queued 
many files for downloading. I set all servers to be connect-on-demand,
but BNR only download from the server where I have downloaded all the 
headers, for other servers I need to do that manually. 
This will not happen if I dowload all headers from all servers, in 
that situation, BNR automatically downloads from all servers, one by 
one. 
Could someone tell me how to solve this problem?
Thank you. 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

llewsrac | 1 Jun 09:34 2003
Picon

Re: Infinitely downloading headers

Hi Fred

A real dumb question...., but does your monthly total double each 
time you finish refreshing??

BNReaper, using, alibis appears to be downloading the same amount of 
headers each time, but the monthly total does not indicate this nor 
does the time spent in downloading the headers. 

I wish that I had taken a diary of the last 4 or 5 times that I have 
refreshed alt.binaries.x - new group for me.

It appears to be saying to me that it is downloading 450,000 odd 
headers each time when the monthly total indicates only .1 or .2 
megs - not 34 megs each time. The time also reflects that it is not 
downloading all the headers. Hence BNReaper appears to be going 
through the motions more than actually doing???

I am currently using alibis, but seriously looking at Newsfeeds in 
the next week or so. Also you would know that I manually refresh not 
use the BNR autorefresh.

Thanks for your post on this topic - real interesting reading.

John 
PS sorry I could not respond earlier but BNR being so efficient I 
could not try anything out until today. i had used up all my 
allocatons for the month.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

chezpoupoune | 1 Jun 10:56 2003
Picon

Re: Infinitely downloading headers

--- In bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com, "llewsrac" <llewsrac <at> y...> wrote:
> Hi Fred
> 
> A real dumb question...., but does your monthly total double each 
> time you finish refreshing??
> 
> BNReaper, using, alibis appears to be downloading the same amount 
of 
> headers each time, but the monthly total does not indicate this 
nor 
> does the time spent in downloading the headers. 
> 
> I wish that I had taken a diary of the last 4 or 5 times that I 
have 
> refreshed alt.binaries.x - new group for me.
> 
> It appears to be saying to me that it is downloading 450,000 odd 
> headers each time when the monthly total indicates only .1 or .2 
> megs - not 34 megs each time. The time also reflects that it is 
not 
> downloading all the headers. Hence BNReaper appears to be going 
> through the motions more than actually doing???
> 
> I am currently using alibis, but seriously looking at Newsfeeds in 
> the next week or so. Also you would know that I manually refresh 
not 
> use the BNR autorefresh.
> 
> Thanks for your post on this topic - real interesting reading.
> 
> John 
> PS sorry I could not respond earlier but BNR being so efficient I 
> could not try anything out until today. i had used up all my 
> allocatons for the month.

Hi John

No dumb question :)
Ok, I'm sure that, for me, BNR is downloading 4 times the normal 
amount of headers. The fact is that when I refresh a group, BNR 
creates four identical tasks in the queue (or X identical tasks, if 
I have X connections for the corresponding server). And my daily 
bandwidth limit expires much sooner now that a large part of it is 
dedicated to downloading heaps of headers again and again.
And I can't limit the number of headers to download, since it will 
normally download the lower range of all the headers on the server, 
ignoring the most recent ones...

Are you sure that when you think headers are downloaded quickly, 
it's not in fact the result of the Listgroup command, which loads a 
list and not the headers themselves ?

Bye !
Fred

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Luc Neville | 1 Jun 12:39 2003
Picon

RE: Re: Unwanted maximization

it is the animated button.
and i tried to reproduce the behaviour and came to the conclusion that bnr2
should be resized from a maximized state and after that use the refresh
button. i've tested it with the group|refresh from the menu but this one
doesn';t maximize.

#-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
#Van: jsnavely.geo [mailto:jsnavely.geo <at> yahoo.com]
#Verzonden: Sunday, June 01, 2003 12:43 AM
#Aan: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
#Onderwerp: [BNR] Re: Unwanted maximization
#
#
#--- In bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com, "Luc Neville" <l.sneville <at> c...> wrote:
#> not sure if this is mentioned already. if so, i'm sorry.
#>
#> whenever i refresh a group from the group tab itself and my window
#> is not maximized, it gives back the results and maximizes my BNR
#> window. i'd like to see it not maximizing itself unless ofcourse
#> when you specifically maximize the program yourself.
#>
#> i'm using version 0.10.4 with windows xp
#>
#> Luc Neville
#
#Are you talking about the animated refresh button that updates the
#Message-List to show new messages, or the Group | Refresh command
#from the main menu?  I usually keep BNR2 running in the lower half
#of my screen with Excel running in the upper half and I do not
#experience auto-maximization when I use either one of these features.
#
#
#
#Important Addresses:
#Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
#Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
#Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
#List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
#Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
#BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/
#
#Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
#
#

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Dustin Rodriguez | 1 Jun 13:01 2003
Picon

Re: Re: Could BNR2 do this?

In order for BNR2 to know the article numbers for the articles you marked
for download, you have to download the headers from each server.  In theory,
BNR could just connect to the servers and try to request the article by its
unique Message-ID, but right now it cannot do that.

Dustin Rodriguez

----- Original Message -----
From: "wangyuli_ts" <wangyuli_ts <at> yahoo.com.cn>
To: <bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 9:21 PM
Subject: [BNR] Re: Could BNR2 do this?

> Ok I have figured it out myself.
> BNR is so great!
> Another question though,
> I downloaded all headers from one complete server and queued
> many files for downloading. I set all servers to be connect-on-demand,
> but BNR only download from the server where I have downloaded all the
> headers, for other servers I need to do that manually.
> This will not happen if I dowload all headers from all servers, in
> that situation, BNR automatically downloads from all servers, one by
> one.
> Could someone tell me how to solve this problem?
> Thank you.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Dave Warren | 1 Jun 13:10 2003
Picon

Re: Re: Could BNR2 do this?

Dustin Rodriguez <drodriguez <at> ma.rr.com> wrote:
> In order for BNR2 to know the article numbers for the articles you
> marked for download, you have to download the headers from each
> server.  In theory, BNR could just connect to the servers and try to
> request the article by its unique Message-ID, but right now it cannot
> do that.

It's not officially supported, but it's on the wishlist.

However, if you use XHDR instead of XOVER, you will signficantly reduce the
headers you need to download.  XHDR allows BNR2 to download the Article list
and Message-ID list first, and will only download the other headers if the
article isn't already known to BNR2.

--

-- 
If a train station is for trains to stop at, then I think I'm making good use of my work station.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Stefan Schlörholz | 1 Jun 16:19 2003
Picon
Picon

Re: Re: Could BNR2 do this?

wangyuli_ts schrieb am Sonntag, 1. Juni 2003 03:21:

Hello ?????,

> Ok I have figured it out myself.
> BNR is so great!

And what is the solution?

It would is is very much apreciated if you post sollutions to problems 
as well. There are other people out there who suffer the same problem 
and are thankful for solutions.

So if you get a solution, please post it. Other people do not need to 
think about a solution any longer.

Also, please mark the posting with "SOLVED", "SOLUTION" or similar.

BTW, what's your real name?

cu

Stefan

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

murraypaul2002 | 1 Jun 21:34 2003
Picon

Bug: Score clockskround to -128 when first part bonus applied

If you add a download at maximum score (127), the +1 for first part 
is applied, and the first part gets a score of -128. I don't think 
that should happen.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

jsnavely.geo | 2 Jun 02:14 2003
Picon

Re: Could BNR2 do this?

--- In bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com, "Dustin Rodriguez" <drodriguez <at> m...> wrote:
> In order for BNR2 to know the article numbers for the articles you
> marked for download, you have to download the headers from each
> server.  In theory, BNR could just connect to the servers and try
> to request the article by its unique Message-ID, but right now it
> cannot do that.
> 
> Dustin Rodriguez

BNR2 does now have the ability to download by Message-ID, it just doesn't have any means of keeping track of
which servers to try and which it has already tried other than by Article-ID's stored in the Server-Group tables.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Important Addresses:
Post message: bnr1 <at> yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  bnr1-subscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bnr1-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com
List owner:  bnr1-owner <at> yahoogroups.com
Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bnr1
BNR homepage: http://www.bnr2.org/ 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Gmane