Hiroyuki Yamamoto | 2 Aug 11:57 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34171] Re: local account creation

Hello,

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:26:30 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila <at> kinali.ch> wrote:

> Current sylpheed account creation wizard does not allow to create an
> account of type local anymore. This was used either for hosts that
> had local mail delivers (yes, these still exist) or if you wanted
> to create an alias email adress for sending mail, whos received
> mails end up in an other, already created account. As i'm one of
> those crazy people who think that one email account is enough and
> forward everything to that one master account, tend to use quite
> a few alias email addresses for various purposes. Hence i'm missing
> the feature to declare a local account (aka alias). Would it be
> possible to reenable that feature?

Open 'Configuration - Edit accounts...' and click 'Add' button.
This will show the classic account dialog.

--

-- 
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>

Chawoosh | 2 Aug 12:41 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34172] Re: local account creation

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:57:19 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> 
> Hello,
> 
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:26:30 +0200
> Attila Kinali <attila <at> kinali.ch> wrote:
> 
> > Current sylpheed account creation wizard does not allow to create an
> > account of type local anymore. This was used either for hosts that
> ............................
> 
> Open 'Configuration - Edit accounts...' and click 'Add' button.
> This will show the classic account dialog.
> 
> -- 
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>
> 
End where must be incoming folder?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old cat <sleeping.cat <at> rbcmail.ru>

Attila Kinali | 3 Aug 15:48 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34173] Re: local account creation

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:57:19 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Open 'Configuration - Edit accounts...' and click 'Add' button.
> This will show the classic account dialog.

Thanks a lot!

Though it would be a good idea if you could switch to the
old dialog in the wizzard. Ie by adding a button 
"advanced setup" or something like this.

			Attila Kinali
--

-- 
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.
		-- African proverb

Hiroyuki Yamamoto | 4 Aug 07:14 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34174] Attachment Tool Plug-in added

Hello,

I have added 'Attachment Tool Plug-in' into the svn repository.

Currently this plug-in only has a feature to remove attachments from
selected messages.

This plug-in is mainly provided as a working example of the plug-in
feature of Sylpheed. This plug-in is distributed under the GNU LGPL.

This plug-in also requires svn trunk/3.1beta3 (doesn't work on the
previous version).

How to build this plug-in:

1. install Sylpheed (./configure && make && sudo make install)
2. cd plugin/attachment_tool/
3. sudo make install-plugin
4. (sudo ldconfig)

See also plugin/attachment_tool/README.

Enjoy :)

--

-- 
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>

Reed Loden | 4 Aug 08:10 2010

[sylpheed:34175] Re: Attachment Tool Plug-in added

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:14:47 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> How to build this plug-in:
...

After updating my svn checkout, I'm seeing the following
warning while running autogen.sh:

plugin/attachment_tool/Makefile.am:15: variable `test_la_LIBADD' is defined but no program or
plugin/attachment_tool/Makefile.am:15: library has `test_la' as canonical name (possible typo)

~reed

--

-- 
Reed Loden - <reed <at> reedloden.com>

Hiroyuki Yamamoto | 4 Aug 08:44 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34176] Re: Attachment Tool Plug-in added

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 01:10:34 -0500
Reed Loden <reed <at> reedloden.com> wrote:

> After updating my svn checkout, I'm seeing the following
> warning while running autogen.sh:
> 
> plugin/attachment_tool/Makefile.am:15: variable `test_la_LIBADD' is
> defined but no program or plugin/attachment_tool/Makefile.am:15:
> library has `test_la' as canonical name (possible typo)

Fixed. Thanks.

--

-- 
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>

Chawoosh | 4 Aug 13:21 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34177] Re: Attachment Tool Plug-in added

Thank you!

It's good that it works, but not good that it accessible only by means Tools menu. Can it be called from
context menu on attachment?
Yes, and why it make empty attachment but not remove it at all? Or it's sweet future? :)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:14:47 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> 
> Hello,
> 
> I have added 'Attachment Tool Plug-in' into the svn repository.
> 
> Currently this plug-in only has a feature to remove attachments from
> selected messages.
> 
> This plug-in is mainly provided as a working example of the plug-in
> feature of Sylpheed. This plug-in is distributed under the GNU LGPL.
> 
> This plug-in also requires svn trunk/3.1beta3 (doesn't work on the
> previous version).
> 
> How to build this plug-in:
> 
> 1. install Sylpheed (./configure && make && sudo make install)
> 2. cd plugin/attachment_tool/
> 3. sudo make install-plugin
> 4. (sudo ldconfig)
> 
(Continue reading)

Petr Kovar | 9 Aug 02:52 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:34178] Sylpheed FAQ revision 2.2 released

Sylpheed FAQ revision 2.2 released on 2010-08-09
================================================

New revision of Sylpheed FAQ has been officially released from the Sylpheed
Documentation Project to reflect changes in the upcoming Sylpheed 3.1.

You can view the FAQ either as a multi-page or single-page HTML document at:

http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/en/doc_faq.html

Or download it together with source DocBook XML files in a .tar.gz or .zip
archive from:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sylpheeddoc/files/

The source DocBook XML files are also available in the Project CVS
repository, see:

https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=cvs&group_id=20952

Changes over the past 4 months
------------------------------

* New Q&A "Can I run multiple instances of Sylpheed?"
* New Q&A "Execute command for my dynamic signature seems not to be
working!"
* Updated Q&A on environment variables
* Updated Q&A on automatic name completion
* Updated Q&A on Sylpheed plug-ins
* Other minor edits throughout the document
(Continue reading)

Ricardo Mones | 9 Aug 18:14 2010
X-Face
Picon

[sylpheed:34179] Re: Sylpheed FAQ revision 2.2 released

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 02:52:24AM +0200, Petr Kovar wrote:
> Sylpheed FAQ revision 2.2 released on 2010-08-09
> ================================================
[...]
> * To better comply with the GFDL license, the source DocBook XML files
> together with the plain text copy of the GFDL license and appropriate legal
> notice are now distributed in tarballs with each documentation release, and
> the exact way of how to obtain the source files is mentioned explicitly in
> the document; thanks to Ricardo Mones for pointing these legal issues out

  Thanks for fixing this. Unfortunately the testing distribution entered
  "freeze" mode 3 days ago, so this one won't be part of Squeeze, the next
  stable release.

  regards,
--

-- 
  Ricardo Mones 
  ~
  Quantity derives from measurement, figures from quantities, 
  comparisons from figures, and victories from comparisons. 
                                                              Sun Tzu
richard lucassen | 10 Aug 11:59 2010

[sylpheed:34180] whislist: "reset check mail timer" option

Hello Hiroyuki and the list,

I have something for the wishlist:

An option to reset the "check mail timer" as long as I'm actively
working with Sylpheed. This means that the "check mail timer" is only
working when Sylpheed is in idle mode.

Reason: I have a very large IMAP folder structure and it takes,
depending on the bandwidth I have at that particular moment, from a few
seconds to more than a minute to check for new messages. When Sylpheed
is checking for mail automagically, there are two annoying things:

- I am not able to access the mail: "message can't be displayed"

- When pressing "send" I get a "can't save message to outbox" error

Reseting the timer would be a valuable option. The default can be set
to "off" IMHO. What I do now is switch off the "check automatically"
when I'm on a slow network.

Another valuable option would be a "stop" button, to stop checking
mail. Now I can't stop Sylpheed from checking mail, I have to wait for
a timeout (e.g. when the mobile network is disconnected, slow or changes
IP)

Richard.

--

-- 
___________________________________________________________________
(Continue reading)


Gmane