Petr Kovar | 1 Mar 03:29 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33737] Re: Sylpheed 3.0 released

Hi!

Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>, Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:22:37 +0900:

> Hello,
> 
> The new stable version Sylpheed 3.0 (3.0-win32) has been released.
> 
> It is the major update release since the release of 2.0, five years
> ago. Sylpheed 3.0 introduces multi-threading, plug-in system, refined
> address book, new setup dialog, performance improvements, and more.

Congratulations & celebrations! I wish the Sylpheed project many more
successful years to come! And thank you! :-)

(...)

>           o The feature to customize the color label text was added.

What I'd appreciate though is to add some descriptive text and/or "table"
header text above the said color label text customization. Something like
"Here you can customize color label text" should be sufficient in my
opinion. I think the current dialog is a little bit misleading as it may
not be clear enough what can user do with those text fields.

Best,
Petr Kovar

Hiroyuki Yamamoto | 1 Mar 06:38 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33738] Re: documentation?

Hello,

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:17:47 -0500
Bruce Bowler <bbowler <at> bigelow.org> wrote:

> Did I miss the documentation on the plugin architecture available
> with V3.0.0?

Please see PLUGIN.txt in the tarball.

I will set up a wiki page for plug-in development soon.

--

-- 
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>

Hiroyuki Yamamoto | 1 Mar 07:01 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33739] Re: Sylph-Searcher install question

Hello,

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:03:24 -0700
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold <at> peoplepc.com> wrote:

> 1.2.0 Win32 (XP).  I used the installer, read the instructions and ran
> Start Database. It opens the DOS window and a few lines down gives the
> message, "Unexpected EOF on client connection," after which it seems
> to hang. Since EOF is presumably End of File, it seems that something
> must be wrong.  Any ideas?  Thanks,

It means the database client (Sylph-Searcher) closed the connection.
It is expected (at least for Sylph-Searcher).

You can keep the console window open (or minimize it) until you
shutdown the database (press Ctrl-C, or select 'Stop Database').

--

-- 
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp>

Gene Goldenfeld | 1 Mar 07:19 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33740] Re: Sylph-Searcher install question

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:01:19 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:03:24 -0700
> Gene Goldenfeld <genegold <at> peoplepc.com> wrote:
> 
> > 1.2.0 Win32 (XP).  I used the installer, read the instructions and
> > ran Start Database. It opens the DOS window and a few lines down
> > gives the message, "Unexpected EOF on client connection," after
> > which it seems to hang. Since EOF is presumably End of File, it
> > seems that something must be wrong.  Any ideas?  Thanks,
> 
> It means the database client (Sylph-Searcher) closed the connection.
> It is expected (at least for Sylph-Searcher).
> 
> You can keep the console window open (or minimize it) until you
> shutdown the database (press Ctrl-C, or select 'Stop Database').

What console window?  When I start sylph-searcher.exe, whether before or
after starting the database, I always get the following error:

sylph-searcher.exe - Application error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xe06d7363). Click on OK
to terminate the application.

What should I do to get things going.  Thanks.

Gene

(Continue reading)

Rich Coe | 1 Mar 13:49 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33741] 3.0.0 current message changed after execute

Hi Hiroyuki-san,

I have a folder that had over 2000 unread messages in it, of about 2500 total.
After deleting about 1000 messages, I clicked execute, and the current message
was moved to an unread message in the middle of the unread messages.
    36 new, 1195 unread, 1396 total

Sylpheed v3.0.0rc

This might have something to do with the folder being mis-sorted after 
the delete.  I also noticed some of the messages were not correctly sorted
according to the tree structure.

Rich
--

-- 

Gene Goldenfeld | 1 Mar 19:09 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33742] Re: Sylph-Searcher install question

Is there anyone using sylpher-searcher with Win32?  I'd be grateful
if you would explain how you set it up and invoke it. I've hit the dead
end of an error message and closed connection. Thanks,

Gene

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:19:46 -0700
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold <at> peoplepc.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:01:19 +0900
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y <at> kcn.ne.jp> wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:03:24 -0700
> > Gene Goldenfeld <genegold <at> peoplepc.com> wrote:
> > 
> > > 1.2.0 Win32 (XP).  I used the installer, read the instructions and
> > > ran Start Database. It opens the DOS window and a few lines down
> > > gives the message, "Unexpected EOF on client connection," after
> > > which it seems to hang. Since EOF is presumably End of File, it
> > > seems that something must be wrong.  Any ideas?  Thanks,
> > 
> > It means the database client (Sylph-Searcher) closed the connection.
> > It is expected (at least for Sylph-Searcher).
> > 
> > You can keep the console window open (or minimize it) until you
> > shutdown the database (press Ctrl-C, or select 'Stop Database').
> 
> What console window?  When I start sylph-searcher.exe, whether before
> or after starting the database, I always get the following error:
> 
(Continue reading)

Ron | 1 Mar 21:08 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33743] Re: Keyboard shortcuts

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:02:33 +0100 Simon Effenberg
<savar <at> schuldeigen.de> wrote:
> IIRC i only set the following in my .gtkrc-2.0
> 
> gtk-can-change-accels = 1
> 
> now i'm able to do "right click" on the thread, places the mouse over
> "Mark thread as read" and ex. push CTRL+ALT+r and these combination is
> set (showed in the menu right after the menu entry text)..
> 
> i don't know if it is possible in windowmaker as well but i think it
> should..
> 
> /s
I made that change, and I'm able to do as you described, including displaying in the menu text.
Unfortunately, the hotkey doesn't work when I press it. I tried a few different ones (ctrl-r, shift-r, ~,
etc), it didn't seem to honour it. 

Any thoughts?

--

-- 
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org
http://www.twitter.com/iagox86

Einar Lielmanis | 2 Mar 13:23 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33744] Re: Keyboard shortcuts

> Ron:
> I made that change, and I'm able to do as you described, including
> displaying in the menu text. Unfortunately, the hotkey doesn't work
> when I press it. I tried a few different ones (ctrl-r, shift-r, ~,
> etc), it didn't seem to honour it. 

> Any thoughts?

Well, you can also go the manual editing route:

- close sylpheed (otherwise your changes will be overwritten)
- edit ~/.sylpheed*/menurc
- find, uncommenting if necessary, the line you're interested in
- add your own shortcut, e.g

...
(gtk_accel_path "<Main>/Message/Mark/Mark thread as read" "<Shift>r")
...

- save, run sylpheed, enjoy keyboard happiness!

Einar.

Einar Lielmanis | 2 Mar 13:38 2010
Picon

[sylpheed:33745] Same address, different full name


I have set up a couple of blank accounts in sylpheed, using the
same email address, but different full name. The reason for that is a
control over the various degrees of formality / language of
the email / recipient (e.g I can be Einar, Einar Lielmanis, Einārs
Lielmanis, etc.).

So, I would love if sylpheed would try taking the full name into an
account when replying: Right now it defaults to the first account it
finds with matching email address.

Or can this be solved in some different way?

Einar.

Tobias Rapp | 2 Mar 14:45 2010

[sylpheed:33746] Suggestion: Ignore trash folder in notification icon

Hi!

When new messages are retrieved this is signaled by the notification icon in
the tray area. It would be great if the trash folder and subfolders within it
(I usually configure the junk mail folder as a subfolder within trash) would
be ignored when notifying the user for new messages.

My Environment: Sylpheed 3.0.0, Windows XP, IMAP

Tobias


Gmane