Rick Castello | 21 Apr 22:34 2002

Re: [SM-DEVEL] Integrated Delete_Move_Next


     I didn't see the "Delete & Prev" and "Delete & Next" links.

     I really like these... did I miss them in the hack?
     If they weren't there, it'd be a nice option to be able to
     turn on and off.

     -Rick

Peter Walker said:
> Excellent!! I have been meaning to do this for a long time.
>
> Please let me have the patch.
>
> Can we get this on  the core code?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete.
>
> Jimmy Conner said:
>>  Even though I have a few hours before I have to wake up for work,
>>  I've been
> fiddling
>>  with something that I have wanted for awhile.  I just basically
>>  integrated the Delete_Move_Next Plugin into the core (still adding
>>  move, but its mostly done),
> but
>>  with a few changes.
>
(Continue reading)

Jimmy Conner | 22 Apr 00:51 2002

Re: Integrated Delete_Move_Next

Rick Castello said:
>
>     I didn't see the "Delete & Prev" and "Delete & Next" links.
>
>     I really like these... did I miss them in the hack?
>     If they weren't there, it'd be a nice option to be able to
>     turn on and off.
>
>     -Rick
>

  The integration of the plugin, is in fact a removal of the 2 seperate
  links, and making the "Delete" link do the job of all 3 (Look in the
  display options).  I could ofcourse add an option to put the links back,
  which might not be a bad idea now that I think about it.  I'll work on
  it some more today and see if I can get a patch out, maybe it can make
  it into 1.2.6 but it would probably be better to hold it off until 1.2.7
  so we can tinker with it and make sure we please everyone with it.
  Any other ideas while I'm tinkering with that portion of the code?  I'm
  still debugging why findNextMessage() can output a wrong message number,
  for now I added a quick fix that if the result is greater than the
  count($msort) then it returns -1, which makes the prev and next links
  work for now, but I would rather find out the root of the problem
  instead of patching it.
Jimmy

>
> Peter Walker said:
>> Excellent!! I have been meaning to do this for a long time.
>>
(Continue reading)

Konstantin Riabitsev | 22 Apr 01:01 2002

Re: Integrated Delete_Move_Next

On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 18:51, Jimmy Conner wrote:
>   display options).  I could ofcourse add an option to put the links back,
>   which might not be a bad idea now that I think about it.  I'll work on
>   it some more today and see if I can get a patch out, maybe it can make
>   it into 1.2.6 but it would probably be better to hold it off until 1.2.7
>   so we can tinker with it and make sure we please everyone with it.

1.2 branch is closed. There will be no more features introduced into it
apart from bug and security fixes.

Regards,
--

-- 
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
/ )  Duke University Physics Sysadmin
 ~   www.duke.edu/~icon/pubkey.asc
Konstantin Riabitsev | 22 Apr 01:06 2002

Status of 1.2.6

Hello, all:

As far as I know, there are only two issues that need to be addressed
before we roll 1.2.6pre1.

1. Due to multiple cross-site-scripting vulnerabilities found in
Squirrelmail which cannot be currently addressed with the existing
magicHTML code, I am writing a new html filter that would hopefully take
care of this problem once and for all. This code will replace magicHTML
once it's done (I'm close). Unfortunately, this pushes the release date
a bit further -- hopefully only by a week or so.

2. Small issue with sqm_nrn needs to be fixed -- apparently the same
code is used to produce headers for sent messages and bare lf's cause
breakage in the IMAP protocol. 

This is the state of the union.

Regards,
--

-- 
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
/ )  Duke University Physics Sysadmin
 ~   www.duke.edu/~icon/pubkey.asc
Jimmy Conner | 22 Apr 01:10 2002

Re: Integrated Delete_Move_Next

Konstantin Riabitsev said:
> On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 18:51, Jimmy Conner wrote:
>>   display options).  I could ofcourse add an option to put the links
>>   back, which might not be a bad idea now that I think about it.  I'll
>>   work on it some more today and see if I can get a patch out, maybe
>>   it can make it into 1.2.6 but it would probably be better to hold it
>>   off until 1.2.7 so we can tinker with it and make sure we please
>>   everyone with it.
>
> 1.2 branch is closed. There will be no more features introduced into it
> apart from bug and security fixes.

  That would work just as well. :)  You might want to take my little fix
  for the prev and next links then, considering server side sorting seems
  to break them, can anyone else confirm?  (Hit next through at least 2
  messages, until you come to the end of the list, the next link will
  still be there, and clicking it tries to take you to an invalid
  message.)  Maybe I'll just post a patch to fix the delete_next plugin
  when server side sorting is enalbed, until we get a devel branch.
Jimmy

>
> Regards,
> --
> 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
> / )  Duke University Physics Sysadmin
> ~   www.duke.edu/~icon/pubkey.asc

--
squirrelmail-devel mailing list
(Continue reading)

Jason Munro | 22 Apr 01:58 2002

Re: Integrated Delete_Move_Next

Jimmy Conner said:
> Konstantin Riabitsev said:
>> On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 18:51, Jimmy Conner wrote:
>>>   display options).  I could ofcourse add an option to put the links
>>>   back, which might not be a bad idea now that I think about it.
>>>   I'll work on it some more today and see if I can get a patch out,
>>>   maybe it can make it into 1.2.6 but it would probably be better to
>>>   hold it off until 1.2.7 so we can tinker with it and make sure we
>>>   please everyone with it.
>>
>> 1.2 branch is closed. There will be no more features introduced into
>> it apart from bug and security fixes.
>
>  That would work just as well. :)  You might want to take my little fix
>  for the prev and next links then, considering server side sorting
>  seems to break them, can anyone else confirm?  (Hit next through at
>  least 2 messages, until you come to the end of the list, the next link
>  will still be there, and clicking it tries to take you to an invalid
>  message.)  Maybe I'll just post a patch to fix the delete_next plugin
>  when server side sorting is enalbed, until we get a devel branch.
> Jimmy
>

Jimmy,
 Strange. With the latest CVS prev/next work fine for me. Tested with
 server, thread, and built in sorting with each of the sort types (0-6) on
 UW and Courier, using either the built in prev/next links or the plugin
 version (not the prev_del/next_del).
If you are using a recent version of CVS make sure that your config.php
does not contain values like: 'false'
(Continue reading)

Gregory Gee | 22 Apr 02:20 2002
Picon

Re: Apple's new webmail system


  I was a little slow in reading my email and the password has changed. I heard someone
say they made screen shots.  Are they available somewhere?

Greg

Craig Kelley wrote:
> 
> On 19 Apr 2002, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 00:31, Yury German [sqm] wrote:
> > > Well Apple does it again. The mail program is not innovative at all.. but
> > > the look and feel are definately top notch. Maybe the people designing the
> > > gui should peak at this. I think it is very very nice.
> >
> > We have people designing gui? Wow, I thought we just threw it together
> > whichever way we felt like doing it. :)
> 
> Well, the icons are mostly from the Mail.app for OSX;  I bet I could make
> SM look like this with some time (although we still have folder
> navigation)
> 
> --
> Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai <at> isu.edu  -- This document is rot26-encoded, and
> protected from being read by the DMCA and all other WIPO treaty nations.
> http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink <at> inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block
> 
> --
> squirrelmail-devel mailing list
> List Address: squirrelmail-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net
(Continue reading)

Rick Castello | 22 Apr 02:42 2002

Re: Apple's new webmail system


     I took some screenshots.

     http://rick.978.org/macwebmail/

     -Rick

Gregory Gee said:
>
>  I was a little slow in reading my email and the password has changed.
>  I heard someone
> say they made screen shots.  Are they available somewhere?
>
> Greg
>
>
> Craig Kelley wrote:
>>
>> On 19 Apr 2002, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
>>
>> > On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 00:31, Yury German [sqm] wrote:
>> > > Well Apple does it again. The mail program is not innovative at
>> > > all.. but the look and feel are definately top notch. Maybe the
>> > > people designing the gui should peak at this. I think it is very
>> > > very nice.
>> >
>> > We have people designing gui? Wow, I thought we just threw it
>> > together whichever way we felt like doing it. :)
>>
>> Well, the icons are mostly from the Mail.app for OSX;  I bet I could
(Continue reading)

Yury German [sqm] | 22 Apr 05:56 2002

Re: On the philosophy of icons

Michael Douma said:
>
> Todd Lyons SM modification and Ben Jackson's icons (from March), along
> with most email programs, have weak icons because the icons are neither
>  obvious, nor do they clarify ambiguity.

Can you by chance point me a little more clearer to the
message/modification and the icons?
Maybe a contest is in order for sets. This can be done pretty easily if
the rules are welld efined. Like Dimensions, Size of file and some other
things.
Thanks!

--

-- 
Yury German [Squirrelmail Mailing list]
squirrelmail <at> cozydot.com
===
"When I marry, I want it to be for love."
"Ah, a radical?"
	-- Vir and Lyndisty in Babylon 5:"Sic Transit Vir"

--
squirrelmail-devel mailing list
List Address: squirrelmail-devel <at> lists.sourceforge.net
List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-devel
http://squirrelmail.org/cvs

Konstantin Riabitsev | 22 Apr 06:08 2002

Help test new html filters.

Hey, all:

I've finished writing the html filtering code and need someone to test
it. I do have our friend Nick Cleaton testing it for
cross-site-scripting vulnerabilities, but I need other people to test
some actual HTML and see if there are any parsing issues -- especially
if someone can test some actual html that MS LookOut produces.

The code is not *blazingly* fast, but that's the nature of parsing HTML
with php. :( I'll see if I can optimize it some more, but that's not
likely to buy much.

The testcase and all necessary code is available here:
http://www.mricon.com/html/filtertest.html

Cheers,
--

-- 
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
/ )  Duke University Physics Sysadmin
 ~   www.duke.edu/~icon/pubkey.asc

Gmane