Kyle Wheeler | 1 May 03:49 2008
Picon

Re: coloring body


On Wednesday, April 30 at 03:31 PM, quoth Ravi Uday:
>Hi,
>
>I have this in my .muttrc
>
>color body      blue		black  "((To:) .*)|((Cc:) .*)"
>
>This does the job for one line. But most of the times To / Cc will be
>extending to next 2-3 line due to long listings of names.
>Is there a way to color entire To/Cc field list ?

color hdrdefault blue black

~Kyle
--

-- 
Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the 
comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it 
is violating all his laws.
                                                          -- John Adams
Kyle Wheeler | 1 May 03:52 2008
Picon

Re: mutt can't lock nfs mounted 'sent' on fedora 8


On Wednesday, April 30 at 12:40 PM, quoth Dave Burns:
> Maybe I was not clear. I don't want my sent messages to be saved. I 
> want a cron job to be able to send email with attachments, which mutt 
> does nicely.

Ah! Well then. Add this to the relevant muttrc:

     unset record

~Kyle
--

-- 
I have great faith in fools; my friends call it self-confidence.
                                                     -- Edgar Allen Poe
Chris G | 1 May 13:04 2008
Picon

autoview/mailcap/elinks question

I have moved from using lynx as my HTML mail viewer to using elinks
which, for some types of HTML in particular, works much better.

However it's still not as good as it could be.  I have "auto_view
text/html" in my muttrc file.  I have "text/html; elinks -force-html
%s; copiousoutput" in my .mailcap.  HTML E-Mail is displayed 80
columns wide even when I have a much wider window and colours (i.e.
background etc.) are not set properly.

If I hit 'v' in the index and save the HTML part of the message to a
file and then view that file using elinks I get a much better version,
it uses the available width of the window and sets background colours
etc. 

Is there anything I can do to get the better version via auto_view?

--

-- 
Chris Green

Chris G | 1 May 16:40 2008
Picon

Re: autoview/mailcap/elinks question

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:04:09PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> I have moved from using lynx as my HTML mail viewer to using elinks
> which, for some types of HTML in particular, works much better.
> 
> However it's still not as good as it could be.  I have "auto_view
> text/html" in my muttrc file.  I have "text/html; elinks -force-html
> %s; copiousoutput" in my .mailcap.  HTML E-Mail is displayed 80
> columns wide even when I have a much wider window and colours (i.e.
> background etc.) are not set properly.
> 
> If I hit 'v' in the index and save the HTML part of the message to a
> file and then view that file using elinks I get a much better version,
> it uses the available width of the window and sets background colours
> etc. 
> 
> Is there anything I can do to get the better version via auto_view?
> 
I've been playing with this, and getting nowhere.

I think what I essentially want is a way to get into elinks
interactive mode (i.e. give elinks control) using autoview. Is it
possible to do this?  As far as I can tell adding "needsterminal" to
the mailcap entry that already has "copiousoutput" does nothing at
all.  The tin information on this actually says that having both
"copiousoutput" and "needsterminal" is probably an error.

--

-- 
Chris Green

(Continue reading)

Kyle Wheeler | 1 May 17:18 2008
Picon

Re: autoview/mailcap/elinks question


On Thursday, May  1 at 12:04 PM, quoth Chris G:
> I have moved from using lynx as my HTML mail viewer to using elinks 
> which, for some types of HTML in particular, works much better.

Personally, I prefer w3m, because it uses line-drawing characters for 
tables.

> However it's still not as good as it could be.  I have "auto_view 
> text/html" in my muttrc file.  I have "text/html; elinks -force-html 
> %s; copiousoutput" in my .mailcap.  HTML E-Mail is displayed 80 
> columns wide even when I have a much wider window and colours (i.e. 
> background etc.) are not set properly.
>
> If I hit 'v' in the index and save the HTML part of the message to a 
> file and then view that file using elinks I get a much better version, 
> it uses the available width of the window and sets background colours 
> etc.

The important thing to realize here is that you're using elinks two 
different ways here. When you trigger elinks from the view menu ('v'), 
mutt is calling elinks and allowing it to control the terminal and do 
things like control it's own scrolling and take input from the user 
and such. When mutt calls elinks for doing auto_view, mutt connects 
elinks' output to a pipe so that mutt can capture that output and 
display it. The big difference as far as elinks is concerned is that 
in the first case it has a connection to the terminal. It can find out 
how big the terminal is, and so can adjust itself. In the auto_view 
case, however, elinks doesn't have any way to ask the terminal how big 
it is, so it has to rely on it's configuration. Specifically, when it 
(Continue reading)

Kyle Wheeler | 1 May 17:20 2008
Picon

Re: autoview/mailcap/elinks question


On Thursday, May  1 at 03:40 PM, quoth Chris G:
> I think what I essentially want is a way to get into elinks 
> interactive mode (i.e. give elinks control) using autoview. Is it 
> possible to do this?

No.

The closest you can get is to tell mutt to use elinks as an external 
pager (i.e. set pager='elinks -force-html'); this has nothing to do 
with autoview.

~Kyle
--

-- 
A man cannot be held responsible for what his mind does while he's 
asleep.
                                                     -- Jean Luc Picard
Chris G | 1 May 17:36 2008
Picon

Re: autoview/mailcap/elinks question

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 10:18:27AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Thursday, May  1 at 12:04 PM, quoth Chris G:
> > I have moved from using lynx as my HTML mail viewer to using elinks 
> > which, for some types of HTML in particular, works much better.
> 
> Personally, I prefer w3m, because it uses line-drawing characters for 
> tables.
> 
> > However it's still not as good as it could be.  I have "auto_view 
> > text/html" in my muttrc file.  I have "text/html; elinks -force-html 
> > %s; copiousoutput" in my .mailcap.  HTML E-Mail is displayed 80 
> > columns wide even when I have a much wider window and colours (i.e. 
> > background etc.) are not set properly.
> >
> > If I hit 'v' in the index and save the HTML part of the message to a 
> > file and then view that file using elinks I get a much better version, 
> > it uses the available width of the window and sets background colours 
> > etc.
> 
[snip]

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, I'll go away and digest it! :-)

--

-- 
Chris Green

Marianne Promberger | 1 May 21:04 2008
Picon

send encrypted mail from commandline?

Can mutt send encrypted mail from the commandline? The mail should
always be encrypted to myself.

I tried the following:

cp ~/.muttrc ~/muttrcenc

in ~/.muttrcenc: 

-----
set pgp_autoencrypt=yes
set pgp_encrypt_only_command="/usr/lib/mutt/pgpewrap gpg --batch
--quiet --no-verbose --output - --encrypt --textmode --armor
--always-trust -- -r 80AD9916 -- %f"
-----

where 80AD9916 is my public key ID. 

Then I tried 

echo "some text" | mutt -F ~/.muttrcenc me <at> localhost

I get the message, but it's not encrypted.

Background:

I'd like to use procmail to automatically encrypt some messages I
receive and forward them on to a gmail account for storage.

I currently do this using in ~/.procmailrc:
(Continue reading)

Jorge Luis | 2 May 00:10 2008

hcache compilation errors

Mutt Users,

I'm trying to build mutt 1.5.17 with hcache enabled.  The compilation is
bombing out with the following error:

if gcc -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/mutt\"
-DSYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DBINDIR=\"/usr/local/bin\"
-DMUTTLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H=1 -I. -I.
-I.  -I. -I. -I./imap  -Iintl -I/usr/include// -I./intl  -Wall -pedantic
-g -O2 -MT hcache.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/hcache.Tpo" -c -o hcache.o
hcache.c; \
	then mv -f ".deps/hcache.Tpo" ".deps/hcache.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/hcache.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
hcache.c:994:12: error: invalid suffix "x" on integer constant
make[2]: *** [hcache.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jorge/src/mutt-1.5.17'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jorge/src/mutt-1.5.17'
make: *** [all] Error 2

My configure switches are --prefix=/usr/local --enable-imap --enable-pop
--with-ssl --with-sasl --enable-hcache --enable-smtp

Does anyone have experience with this error?

The build is on a new installation of Ubuntu 8.04; all the relevant
development libraries are installed, I believe.

Thanks,

(Continue reading)

Kyle Wheeler | 2 May 00:26 2008
Picon

Re: hcache compilation errors


On Thursday, May  1 at 06:10 PM, quoth Jorge Luis:
>hcache.c:994:12: error: invalid suffix "x" on integer constant

That generally means that your MD5 program isn't working as mutt 
expected it to. Do you have a working 'md5' program?

At the beginning of the hcachever.sh file, it should have a line that 
looks like this:

     MD5=somethingerother

What's the "somethingerother" on your system? On my OSX box, it's md5.

Mutt looks for the programs "md5", "md5sum" and "openssl" in that 
order, and expects them to behave in a particular way.

If you don't have any of the three, install one (e.g. install 
openssl).

~Kyle
--

-- 
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't 
intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
                                                      -- Neil Armstrong

Gmane