Petter Gustad | 7 Jun 11:12 2012

[mew-int 3090] error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o


I suddently got the message:

error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o

when trying to update my IMAP inbox. I can't seem to get passed this
point. Is this a known problem with a known workaround?

In my *Messages* buffer I will see:

Setting up Mew world...
Updating status...done
Setting up Mew world...done
Connecting to the IMAP server...done
Communicating with the IMAP server...
error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, o

Also:

mew-version-number is "6.4.50"

Best regards
//Petter

Harald Hanche-Olsen | 7 Jun 11:29 2012
Picon
Picon

[mew-int 3091] Re: error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o

[Petter Gustad <mew <at> gustad.com> (2012-06-07 09:12:14 UTC)]

> I suddently got the message:
> 
> error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o
> 
> when trying to update my IMAP inbox. I can't seem to get passed this
> point. Is this a known problem with a known workaround?

I don't know. Could you get a backtrace? Turn on debugging:

  M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET

and then trigger the problem. You should get a buffer called
*backtrace*. Copy its contents and post to the list.

To clean up, hit q in the *backtrace* buffer. Then turn debugging off
with the same method as above, only replacing t with nil.

> mew-version-number is "6.4.50"

I haven't upgraded to that version myself yet, so I may not be able to
help. But a backtrace may help others help you.

- Harald

Petter Gustad | 7 Jun 14:08 2012

[mew-int 3092] Re: error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche <at> math.ntnu.no>
Subject: [mew-int 3091] Re: error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument:
stringp, o
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:29:24 +0200 (CEST)

> [Petter Gustad <mew <at> gustad.com> (2012-06-07 09:12:14 UTC)]
> 
>> I suddently got the message:
>> 
>> error in process filter: mew-imap-command-uid: Wrong type argument: stringp, o
>> 
>> when trying to update my IMAP inbox. I can't seem to get passed this
>> point. Is this a known problem with a known workaround?
> 
> I don't know. Could you get a backtrace? Turn on debugging:

I upgraded to version 6.5, enabled tracing of the mew-imap-command-uid
function, and did "S" to sort the last few hundred messages --- and
now it seem to work again...

//Petter

maxigas | 13 Jun 15:48 2012
Picon

[mew-int 3093] gpg key transition

hi!

how do i tell mew about my default gpg key?

i am transitioning from my old key to my new key and i would like to choose which one to use for encryption on a
case-by-case basis as well.

it seems that mew is not aware of the default-key configuration option in gpg.conf

maxigas, kiberpunk

--

"The members of the government know our arguments very well,
the demands of the Network are clear.  They *know* what we want.
The question is how to make them *do* what we want."

Magic: http://maxigas.hu/maxigas.gpg
EE2E D824 B5C3 4544 C2B8  B75F 2183 52B5 8EC1 57C1

Kazu Yamamoto | 14 Jun 05:03 2012
Picon

[mew-int 3094] Re: gpg key transition

Hello,

> how do i tell mew about my default gpg key?

1) If you set your address to mew-pgp-signer, it is used.
2) Otherwise, the address in the From: field is used.

--Kazu

Walter Landry | 27 Jun 22:50 2012
Picon

[mew-int 3095] How to debug Imap issues

Hello,

I have a working setup for one Imap server, and I am trying to switch
it over to another Imap server.  If I switch the settings in my
.mew.el file and start a new emacs and mew, I keep getting the message

  mew-imap-namespace: Type 'C-uZ' to collect IMAP folders!

I tried to set mew-debug, but that did not give me anything.  So, what
is the best way figure out the problem?

Thanks,
Walter Landry

Kazu Yamamoto | 29 Jun 09:19 2012
Picon

[mew-int 3096] Re: How to debug Imap issues

Hello,

> I have a working setup for one Imap server, and I am trying to switch
> it over to another Imap server.  If I switch the settings in my
> .mew.el file and start a new emacs and mew, I keep getting the message
> 
>   mew-imap-namespace: Type 'C-uZ' to collect IMAP folders!
> 
> I tried to set mew-debug, but that did not give me anything.  So, what
> is the best way figure out the problem?

Can you see that 'C-uZ' actually collects IMAP folder in the *mew
debug* buffer?

--Kazu

Walter Landry | 29 Jun 13:50 2012
Picon

[mew-int 3097] Re: How to debug Imap issues

Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <kazu <at> iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
> 
>> I have a working setup for one Imap server, and I am trying to switch
>> it over to another Imap server.  If I switch the settings in my
>> .mew.el file and start a new emacs and mew, I keep getting the message
>> 
>>   mew-imap-namespace: Type 'C-uZ' to collect IMAP folders!
>> 
>> I tried to set mew-debug, but that did not give me anything.  So, what
>> is the best way figure out the problem?
> 
> Can you see that 'C-uZ' actually collects IMAP folder in the *mew
> debug* buffer?

I do not have a *mew debug* buffer.  mew-buffer-debug is set to "*Mew
debug*", but that does not exist either.  When I type 'C-uZ', I do see
a regular message "Collecting local folders...done".

Also, FYI, I am running mew-beta from Debian testing.
mew-version-number reports6.5rc2.

Thanks,
Walter Landry

Tatsuya Kinoshita | 1 Jul 12:12 2012
Picon

[mew-int 3098] Re: How to debug Imap issues

On June 29, 2012, [mew-int 3097],
wlandry (at caltech.edu) wrote:

>> Can you see that 'C-uZ' actually collects IMAP folder in the *mew
>> debug* buffer?
> 
> I do not have a *mew debug* buffer.  mew-buffer-debug is set to "*Mew
> debug*", but that does not exist either.  When I type 'C-uZ', I do see
> a regular message "Collecting local folders...done".

To collect IMAP folders, go to the %inbox, and then type 'C-uZ'.

Thanks,
--

-- 
Tatsuya Kinoshita


Gmane