Dov Zamir | 7 Mar 09:27 2007

Hebrew Mailman Support

Hi All,

Just joined this list, and am intersted in adding Hebrew support.
Where can I find all the information I need to add the support?

Dov Zamir.

Mark Sapiro | 7 Mar 16:15 2007
Picon

Re: Hebrew Mailman Support

Dov Zamir wrote:
>
>Just joined this list, and am intersted in adding Hebrew support.
>Where can I find all the information I need to add the support?

You can start at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization>.

--

-- 
Mark Sapiro <msapiro <at> value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Jan Veuger | 9 Mar 20:36 2007

Re: wrong conjugation of a verb in dutch translation of Mailman (digest mail)

Dieter Adriaenssens wrote: 

> The mail sent to the digest-subscribers of a mailinglist, contains a 
> wrong conjugation in the dutch version of the mail: 

I will deal with this matter separately from this mailinglist, as they are  
only of interest to the dutch translators. 

Jan Veuger 
Dutch translation 
http://www.janveuger.com/mailman

Dieter Adriaenssens wrote:

> The mail sent to the digest-subscribers of a mailinglist, contains a
> wrong conjugation in the dutch version of the mail:

I will deal with this matter separately from this mailinglist, as they are only of interest to the dutch translators.

Jan Veuger
Dutch translation
http://www.janveuger.com/mailman
Dov Zamir | 14 Mar 20:30 2007

want to test run translation

Hi fellow translators,

I have reached the stage in my Hebrew translation where I would now like
to test run my work. I already have Mailman installed from an RPM on my
FC6 server with Sendmail, and would like to replace the present
configuration with the one including my translation.

Does anyone have a recipe for compilng Mailman so that it will correctly
replace the RPM installation?

Any other suggestions from your own experience?

TIA
Dov.

_________________________________________________________________________
This message has been scanned by Kibbutz Beit Kama's Anti Virus software,
and is believed to be clean of any viruses.
_________________________________________________________________________

Dov Zamir | 20 Mar 15:54 2007

Re: Hebrew Mailman Support

> Dov Zamir wrote:
>>
>>Just joined this list, and am intersted in adding Hebrew support.
>>Where can I find all the information I need to add the support?
>
> You can start at
> <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization>.

Hi Mark,

I have now finished translating the Mailman package to Hebrew, although I
am certain that there are still many errors. In any case, I understand
that I should send the translation on to you. Do I do this on or off list?

Also, is there a way I can see the results of  my translation? Can I
compile Mailman with Hebrew support enabled?

I tried to compile the package that I downloaded, but it complianed that
it was unable to import Korean:-(

TIA

Dov Zamir
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro <at> value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
> San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan
>
> _________________________________________________________________________
> This message has been scanned by Kibbutz Beit Kama's Anti Virus software,
(Continue reading)

Pertti Uusiluoto | 21 Mar 14:24 2007
Picon

Broblem?

That it

--

-- 

                 WebWork
____________________________
 Name:.Pertti Uusiluoto
 Tel:....+358 44 933935

 TimeZone: UFD +2
 Finland
____________________________

Barry Warsaw | 21 Mar 18:23 2007

Re: Hebrew Mailman Support


Hi Dov,

On Mar 20, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Dov Zamir wrote:

> I have now finished translating the Mailman package to Hebrew,  
> although I
> am certain that there are still many errors. In any case, I understand
> that I should send the translation on to you. Do I do this on or  
> off list?

It's probably best to open a patch issue on SourceForge and attach  
your .po file to the patch.  Then send a link to that issue here.   
One of us will pull it into svn from there.

> Also, is there a way I can see the results of  my translation? Can I
> compile Mailman with Hebrew support enabled?

You can.  There's a few things you'll need to do to make your  
translations available to you (we should really make this much  
easier).  You'll have to add an entry for it in Defaults.py.in --  
just cargo cult it in from one of the other languages, changing the  
language code and charset as appropriate.

You'll need to add the directory structure until messages (and  
possibly templates too, if you've translated them) and then update  
the Makefile.in's to include Hebrew's language code.  Put your .po  
file in the right place, then re-run ./configure; make; make install.

Let us know if you get stuck anywhere.  I can probably try to pay  
(Continue reading)

Dov Zamir | 21 Mar 20:44 2007

Re: Hebrew Mailman Support

????? Barry Warsaw:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi Dov,
>
> On Mar 20, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Dov Zamir wrote:
>
>> I have now finished translating the Mailman package to Hebrew, 
>> although I
>> am certain that there are still many errors. In any case, I understand
>> that I should send the translation on to you. Do I do this on or off 
>> list?
>
> It's probably best to open a patch issue on SourceForge and attach 
> your .po file to the patch. Then send a link to that issue here. One 
> of us will pull it into svn from there.
OK, Will do. I just want to see how it looks first, and get rid of any 
obvious bads.
>
>> Also, is there a way I can see the results of my translation? Can I
>> compile Mailman with Hebrew support enabled?
>
> You can. There's a few things you'll need to do to make your 
> translations available to you (we should really make this much 
> easier). You'll have to add an entry for it in Defaults.py.in -- just 
> cargo cult it in from one of the other languages, changing the 
> language code and charset as appropriate.
>
> You'll need to add the directory structure until messages (and 
(Continue reading)

Dov Zamir | 21 Mar 21:27 2007

Re: Hebrew Mailman Support

Hi Barry,
????? Barry Warsaw:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi Dov,
>
> On Mar 20, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Dov Zamir wrote:
>
>> I have now finished translating the Mailman package to Hebrew, 
>> although I
>> am certain that there are still many errors. In any case, I understand
>> that I should send the translation on to you. Do I do this on or off 
>> list?
>
> It's probably best to open a patch issue on SourceForge and attach 
> your .po file to the patch. Then send a link to that issue here. One 
> of us will pull it into svn from there.
>
>> Also, is there a way I can see the results of my translation? Can I
>> compile Mailman with Hebrew support enabled?
>
> You can. There's a few things you'll need to do to make your 
> translations available to you (we should really make this much 
> easier). You'll have to add an entry for it in Defaults.py.in -- just 
> cargo cult it in from one of the other languages, changing the 
> language code and charset as appropriate.
>
> You'll need to add the directory structure until messages (and 
> possibly templates too, if you've translated them) and then update the 
(Continue reading)

Barry Warsaw | 21 Mar 21:39 2007

Re: Hebrew Mailman Support


Hi Dov,

On Mar 21, 2007, at 4:27 PM, Dov Zamir wrote:

> A little more investigation shows that there is script under .../ 
> mailman/bin called paths.py, which explicitly imports Korean and  
> Japanese.
> Here's the error message:
>
> Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "bin/update", line 46, in ?
> import paths
> File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.py", line 60, in ?
> import korean
> ImportError: No module named korean
> make: *** [update] 1 ????

Look carefully higher up in your build output.  Did you get errors  
while trying to build those codecs?  You could always just disable  
those (comment them out) from paths.py.in, since you probably won't  
need them.  Be sure to re-run configure; make; make install if you do  
though.

> (Sorry for the Hebrew)

Unfortunately, Mail.app apparently can't show the Hebrew to me, which  
is too bad 'cause I'd love to see it!

(Continue reading)


Gmane