Re: Mailman 2.1.6 beta 1
Barry Warsaw <barry <at> python.org>
2005-01-17 00:08:55 GMT
On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 18:29, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I put together a tarball for Mailman 2.1.6 beta 1
I forgot to add the NEWS file excerpt of changes since 2.1.5:
- Most of the installation instructions have been moved to a latex
document. See admin/www/mailman-install/index.html for details.
- VERP_PROBES is disabled by default.
- bin/withlist can be run without a list name, but only if -i is given.
Also, withlist puts the directory it's found in at the end of sys.path,
making it easier to run withlist scripts that live in $prefix/bin.
- bin/newlist grew two new options: -u/--urlhost and -e/--emailhost which
lets the user provide the web and email hostnames for the new mailing
list. This is a better way to specify the domain for the list, rather
than the old 'mylist <at> hostname' syntax (which is still supported for
backward compatibility, but deprecated).
- Added the ability for Mailman generated passwords (both member and list
admin) to be more cryptographically secure. See new configuration
variables USER_FRIENDLY_PASSWORDS, MEMBER_PASSWORD_LENGTH, and
ADMIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH. Also added a new bin/withlist script called
reset_pw.py which can be used to reset all member passwords. Passwords
generated by Mailman are now 8 characters by default for members, and 10
characters for list administrators.
- Allow editing of the welcome message from the admin page (1085501).