woolshum | 7 Mar 14:37 2008

Could not fetch envelope of message from IMAP server

Hi libetpan guys

I use frm example to get envelope of message from a IMAP server
But It show a lots of error message:
.....
ould not fetch envelope of message 289
could not fetch envelope of message 290
could not fetch envelope of message 291
could not fetch envelope of message 292
could not fetch envelope of message 293
could not fetch envelope of message 294
could not fetch envelope of message 295
could not fetch envelope of message 296
could not fetch envelope of message 297

a little messages could fetch OK
attachment is libetpan network log

Thank you :)
Attachment (imapproblem.tar.gz): application/x-gzip, 35 KiB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Libetpan-users mailing list
Libetpan-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libetpan-users
woolshum | 13 Mar 10:41 2008

How could I use DIGEST-MD5 and GSSAPI auth mechanism in POP3 and IMAP to get mail?

Hi, libetpan guys

My OS is ubuntu7.10

and in /usr/lib/sasl2/

there are some sasl plug-in libraries:
libanonymous.a          libcrammd5.so.2         libgssapiv2.la          liblogin.so.2.0.22      libplain.so
libanonymous.la         libcrammd5.so.2.0.22    libgssapiv2.so          libntlm.a               libplain.so.2
libanonymous.so         libdigestmd5.a          libgssapiv2.so.2        libntlm.la              libplain.so.2.0.22
libanonymous.so.2       libdigestmd5.la         libgssapiv2.so.2.0.22   libntlm.so              libsasldb.a
libanonymous.so.2.0.22  libdigestmd5.so         liblogin.a              libntlm.so.2            libsasldb.la
libcrammd5.a            libdigestmd5.so.2       liblogin.la             libntlm.so.2.0.22       libsasldb.so
libcrammd5.la           libdigestmd5.so.2.0.22  liblogin.so             libplain.a              libsasldb.so.2
libcrammd5.so           libgssapiv2.a           liblogin.so.2           libplain.la             libsasldb.so.2.0.22

but when I set DIGEST-MD5 to pop3_mailstorage_init_sasl(), imap_mailstorage_init_sasl()
and call mailfolder_connect()
It always return error

I add printf message in mailpop3_auth() of mailpop3.c, mailimap.c
after sasl_client_start()
It return SASL_NOMECH(-4) indicate "mechanism not supported"
It is the same error situation while I set GSSAPI
=======================================================================
BUT when I use DIGEST-MD5 to send mail via SMTP
It is OK

Does anyone could tell me how to fix it?
Thank you :)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Libetpan-users mailing list
Libetpan-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libetpan-users
DINH Viêt Hoà | 13 Mar 13:14 2008
Picon

Re: How could I use DIGEST-MD5 and GSSAPI auth mechanism in POP3 and IMAP to get mail?

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:41 AM,  <woolshum@...> wrote:
> Hi, libetpan guys
>
>  My OS is ubuntu7.10
>
>  and in /usr/lib/sasl2/
>
>  there are some sasl plug-in libraries:
>  libanonymous.a          libcrammd5.so.2         libgssapiv2.la
> liblogin.so.2.0.22      libplain.so
>  libanonymous.la         libcrammd5.so.2.0.22    libgssapiv2.so
> libntlm.a               libplain.so.2
>  libanonymous.so         libdigestmd5.a          libgssapiv2.so.2
> libntlm.la              libplain.so.2.0.22
>  libanonymous.so.2       libdigestmd5.la         libgssapiv2.so.2.0.22
> libntlm.so              libsasldb.a
>  libanonymous.so.2.0.22  libdigestmd5.so         liblogin.a
> libntlm.so.2            libsasldb.la
>  libcrammd5.a            libdigestmd5.so.2       liblogin.la
> libntlm.so.2.0.22       libsasldb.so
>  libcrammd5.la           libdigestmd5.so.2.0.22  liblogin.so
> libplain.a              libsasldb.so.2
>  libcrammd5.so           libgssapiv2.a           liblogin.so.2
> libplain.la             libsasldb.so.2.0.22
>
>  but when I set DIGEST-MD5 to pop3_mailstorage_init_sasl(),
> imap_mailstorage_init_sasl()
>  and call mailfolder_connect()
>  It always return error
>
>  I add printf message in mailpop3_auth() of mailpop3.c, mailimap.c
>  after sasl_client_start()
>  It return SASL_NOMECH(-4) indicate "mechanism not supported"
>  It is the same error situation while I set GSSAPI
>  =======================================================================
>  BUT when I use DIGEST-MD5 to send mail via SMTP
>  It is OK

Hello,

could you try the low-level API of POP3 and IMAP ?
The problem you are describing is strange.
mailimap_authenticate()

Could you also show your code sniplet ?

Best Regards,

--

-- 
DINH Viêt Hoà

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
Simon Banks | 13 Mar 13:49 2008

libetpan used as keystone part of Bell Canda Web Voicemail Product

Thank you for this wonderful library...

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/080204/e_bell_online_voice.html?.v=1

Sorry I forgot to notivy you last month.. <chuckle>

Regards
Simon
--

-- 
Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification.

Attachment (sbanks.vcf): text/x-vcard, 704 bytes
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 5377 bytes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Libetpan-users mailing list
Libetpan-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libetpan-users
DINH Viêt Hoà | 14 Mar 00:36 2008
Picon

Re: Could not fetch envelope of message from IMAP server

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM,  <woolshum@...> wrote:
> Hi libetpan guys
>
>  I use frm example to get envelope of message from a IMAP server
>  But It show a lots of error message:
>  .....
>  ould not fetch envelope of message 289
>  could not fetch envelope of message 290
>  could not fetch envelope of message 291
>  could not fetch envelope of message 292
>  could not fetch envelope of message 293
>  could not fetch envelope of message 294
>  could not fetch envelope of message 295
>  could not fetch envelope of message 296
>  could not fetch envelope of message 297

Hello,

I could not reproduce the problem with latest libetpan.
Can you try on the latest CVS or latest release ?

Thanks.

--

-- 
DINH Viêt Hoà

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
DINH Viêt Hoà | 16 Mar 15:26 2008
Picon

Re: Could not fetch envelope of message from IMAP server

Hello,

after some analysis, the problem is fixed in CVS.

Regards,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM,  <woolshum@...> wrote:
> Hi libetpan guys
>
>  I use frm example to get envelope of message from a IMAP server
>  But It show a lots of error message:
>  .....
>  ould not fetch envelope of message 289
>  could not fetch envelope of message 290
>  could not fetch envelope of message 291
>  could not fetch envelope of message 292
>  could not fetch envelope of message 293
>  could not fetch envelope of message 294
>  could not fetch envelope of message 295
>  could not fetch envelope of message 296
>  could not fetch envelope of message 297
>
>  a little messages could fetch OK
>  attachment is libetpan network log
>
>  Thank you :)
>
> ________________________________
> Supercharge your AIM. Get the AIM toolbar for your browser.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
>  Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
>  http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
> _______________________________________________
>  Libetpan-users mailing list
>  Libetpan-users@...
>  https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libetpan-users
>
>

--

-- 
DINH Viêt Hoà

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
woolshum | 19 Mar 11:30 2008

mailmime_parse() can not work if there are some redundant words in the first line of mime file

Hi libetpan guys
I get the latest CVS  libetpan,
and I use readmsg-simple to fetch original MIME of a message from a IMAP mail server
But there are some redundant words in the first line of this original MIME
It result in mailmime_parse() can not parse succeed
attachment is this MIME file
Is it any good solution to fix this bug?
Thank you :)
Attachment (12139mime.tar.gz): application/x-gzip, 11 KiB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Libetpan-users mailing list
Libetpan-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/libetpan-users
DINH Viêt Hoà | 19 Mar 11:56 2008
Picon

Re: mailmime_parse() can not work if there are some redundant words in the first line of mime file

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM,  <woolshum@...> wrote:
> Hi libetpan guys
>  I get the latest CVS  libetpan,
>  and I use readmsg-simple to fetch original MIME of a message from a IMAP
> mail server
>  But there are some redundant words in the first line of this original MIME
>  It result in mailmime_parse() can not parse succeed
>  attachment is this MIME file
>  Is it any good solution to fix this bug?
>  Thank you :)

What do you call "some redundant words" in the given message ?

I think that if you remove the following first line:

<<
>From sender@... Wed, 19 Mar 2008 05:09:58 -0400
>>

the parse will work.

the line starting with "From_" ("from" followed by a space) is not
part of RFC 2822 nor MIME specification.
This is part of mbox specification.

Since the MIME parser is working only with RFC 2822 and MIME
specification, it will not work on that kind of message.
The solution is just to remove this line before giving it to the MIME parser.

Did you get that message source from the IMAP server ? That would mean
that your IMAP server does not follow the specification.
Or you pushed some messages that do not follow the specification.

--

-- 
DINH Viêt Hoà

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/

Gmane