H I L T O N R A L P H S | 1 Dec 12:09 2005
Picon

Re: fetchmail 6.2.9-rc10 available (this is it, with minor bug fixes)

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Unless show stopping bugs are found, this will be released as fetchmail
> 6.3.0 on November 30. At that date, I will bump the version, copy
> the SVN /trunk to /branches/BRANCH_6-3, tag RELEASE_6-3-0 and release.
> 

I see that 6.3.0 is out but no noise on this list?

Cheers
Hilton

Attachment (hiltonr.vcf): text/x-vcard, 292 bytes
Rob Funk | 1 Dec 14:56 2005
X-Face
Picon

Re: fetchmail 6.2.9-rc10 available (this is it, with minor bug fixes)

H I L T O N R A L P H S wrote:
> I see that 6.3.0 is out but no noise on this list?

For one, list traffic is moving from here to the lists at Berlios.
  http://developer.berlios.de/mail/?group_id=1824

Besides that, the 6.3.0 announcement just hasn't been written yet.

--

-- 
==============================|   "A microscope locked in on one point
 Rob Funk <rfunk <at> funknet.net> |Never sees what kind of room that it's in"
 http://www.funknet.net/rfunk |    -- Chris Mars, "Stuck in Rewind"
Matthias Andree | 2 Dec 00:09 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: fetchmail 6.2.9-rc10 available (this is it, with minor bug fixes)

Rob Funk <rfunk <at> funknet.net> writes:

> H I L T O N R A L P H S wrote:
>> I see that 6.3.0 is out but no noise on this list?
>
> For one, list traffic is moving from here to the lists at Berlios.
>   http://developer.berlios.de/mail/?group_id=1824
>
> Besides that, the 6.3.0 announcement just hasn't been written yet.

And by a lucky coincidence, it turned out to be good because I made a
tarball, figured I needed to change 6.3.0 from "not released yet" to
"released 2005-11-30", repackaged but forgot to re-sign the new
tarball.

--

-- 
Matthias Andree
Daniel Drake | 5 Dec 17:54 2005
Picon

fetchmail segfault on 'empty' mail

Hi,

I noticed that my fetchmail was segfaulting at the very start of a particular 
mail message, with this trace:

#0  0xb7e67423 in strlen () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x0805cded in readheaders (sock=6, fetchlen=0, reallen=0, ctl=0x808d2d8, 
num=2, suppress_readbody=0xbff7c835 "")
     at transact.c:920
#2  0x080597df in fetch_messages (mailserver_socket=6, ctl=0x808d2d8, 
count=272, msgsizes=0xbff7c7f0, maxfetch=0,
     fetches=0xbff7e8c0, dispatches=0xbff7e8bc, deletions=0xbff7e8cc) at 
driver.c:614
#3  0x0805ae82 in do_session (ctl=0x808d2d8, proto=0x8071da0, maxfetch=0) at 
driver.c:1449
#4  0x0805b39d in do_protocol (ctl=0x808d2d8, proto=0x8071da0) at driver.c:1622
#5  0x0804f81a in doPOP3 (ctl=0x808d2d8) at pop3.c:1215
#6  0x08054c11 in query_host (ctl=0x808d2d8) at fetchmail.c:1373
#7  0x08052c26 in main (argc=4, argv=0xbff80bd4) at fetchmail.c:646

It is downloading mail from POP3.

Investigated further, turns out that the server had several mails on with 
these contents: \r\n.\r\n

Or more literally:
=========

.
=========
(Continue reading)

Matthias Andree | 6 Dec 12:50 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: fetchmail segfault on 'empty' mail

[resending to the list, too, with more information on what I've tried to
reproduce]

Please take everything to the berlios.de lists (you'll need to
subscribe there) - we plan to leave the ccil.org lists since nobody has
administrative access to them any more.

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I noticed that my fetchmail was segfaulting at the very start of a 
> particular mail message, with this trace:
> 
> #0  0xb7e67423 in strlen () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
> #1  0x0805cded in readheaders (sock=6, fetchlen=0, reallen=0, 
> ctl=0x808d2d8, num=2, suppress_readbody=0xbff7c835 "")
>     at transact.c:920
> #2  0x080597df in fetch_messages (mailserver_socket=6, ctl=0x808d2d8, 
> count=272, msgsizes=0xbff7c7f0, maxfetch=0,
>     fetches=0xbff7e8c0, dispatches=0xbff7e8bc, deletions=0xbff7e8cc) at 
> driver.c:614
> #3  0x0805ae82 in do_session (ctl=0x808d2d8, proto=0x8071da0, maxfetch=0) 
> at driver.c:1449
> #4  0x0805b39d in do_protocol (ctl=0x808d2d8, proto=0x8071da0) at 
> driver.c:1622
> #5  0x0804f81a in doPOP3 (ctl=0x808d2d8) at pop3.c:1215
> #6  0x08054c11 in query_host (ctl=0x808d2d8) at fetchmail.c:1373
> #7  0x08052c26 in main (argc=4, argv=0xbff80bd4) at fetchmail.c:646
> 
(Continue reading)

Gabriel N. Choga | 7 Dec 08:26 2005
Picon

SETTING UP FETCHMAIL


hI GOOD PEOPLE.

I AM COMPLETELY NEW TO FETCHMAIL BUT I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SET IT UP. WOULD
YOU KINDLY SEND ME A DETAILED DOCUMENT ON HOW TO SETUP FETCHMAIL ????????

GABRIEL

This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by Sophos MailMonitor, and is
believed to be clean.
Rob MacGregor | 7 Dec 09:29 2005
Picon

Re: SETTING UP FETCHMAIL

On 07/12/05, Gabriel N. Choga <gabriel <at> powerspeed.co.zw> wrote:
>
> hI GOOD PEOPLE.
>
> I AM COMPLETELY NEW TO FETCHMAIL BUT I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SET IT UP. WOULD
> YOU KINDLY SEND ME A DETAILED DOCUMENT ON HOW TO SETUP FETCHMAIL ????????

First off, you'll find the caps lock key useful.

Secondly - have you tried the man page?  It contains many useful
examples.  You can find it online at
http://fetchmail.berlios.de/fetchmail-man.html

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor
      Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche
Dembe | 7 Dec 22:39 2005
Picon

Upgrade Process (to 6.3.0)

Is there an FAQ/document detailing the process of upgrading to v6.3.0 - if so, could someone post the link.

Many thanks, David

Rob MacGregor | 7 Dec 23:03 2005
Picon

Re: Upgrade Process (to 6.3.0)

[ sorry for the blank message, my palm hit the touchpad on the laptop
and it sent the message before I'd started typing ]

On 07/12/05, Dembe <david <at> dembe.co.uk> wrote:
>  Is there an FAQ/document detailing the process of upgrading to v6.3.0 - if
> so, could someone post the link.

My experience is - nothing special to do.  Configure, compile, stop
old version, install, start new version.  Just as you'd have done
before.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor
      Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche
Matthias Andree | 8 Dec 01:56 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: Upgrade Process (to 6.3.0)

Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [ sorry for the blank message, my palm hit the touchpad on the laptop
> and it sent the message before I'd started typing ]
>
> On 07/12/05, Dembe <david <at> dembe.co.uk> wrote:
>>  Is there an FAQ/document detailing the process of upgrading to v6.3.0 - if
>> so, could someone post the link.
>
> My experience is - nothing special to do.  Configure, compile, stop
> old version, install, start new version.  Just as you'd have done
> before.

The first step, before Configure, would be to
*read* the NEWS file and see what changed in an incompatible way, and
then decide what to do.

--

-- 
Matthias Andree

Gmane